Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi to all and many say that the BODY OF CHRIST is the BRIDE OF CHRIST ?

I say NO , and Christ already has and EX - WIFE , in Jer 3:8 and then wants yet another WIFE ??

Will they ever RECONCILE with His EX ??

What say you ?

dan p
Have you read up to Jeremiah 3:14? It answers your question.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't be so fast to accuse others of blasphemy... That's a very hard judgment. I think you simply misunderstand his question.
I gave the definition. Let the OP and others decide if it's applicable.
The use of marital metaphors does not constitute a marriage. "Divorcing" Israel is a metaphor. It doesn't make Christ a bigamist for having the church "the bride of Christ" and doesn't make Christ an adulterer for reuniting with Israel after the divorce. I find the whole notion sophomoric.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't see that in the New Testament. What I do see is that the Christian church is described as "the new Israel". The bond with the old Israel no longer exists. The Old Covenant has now been cancelled and put aside and replace with the New Covenant between God and those who are in Christ - so that God no longer sees people as Jew or Gentile any longer, but one in Christ.
Romans 11:1-24 makes it clear that God has not given up on Israel, and that Gentiles were grafted in. Branches were "broken off" for the sake of grafting in the Gentile believers, but not all the branches. The Church is a combination of the "old bride" and the "new bride". But as I said, from the very beginning that them-and-us distinction was never His ultimate purpose.

Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry 14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. 15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? 16 If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I gave the definition. Let the OP and others decide if it's applicable.
The use of marital metaphors does not constitute a marriage. "Divorcing" Israel is a metaphor. It doesn't make Christ a bigamist for having the church "the bride of Christ" and doesn't make Christ an adulterer for reuniting with Israel after the divorce. I find the whole notion sophomoric.
Every Christian is a sophomore at some point... Be a little understanding.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It does seem to be a misunderstanding of the Trinity, doesn't it?
It might be.

The Father did not "dwell" in Christ.

The Word (John 1), who is also God, became true man, with full humanity and full divinity in one Person.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It might be.

The Word (John 1), who is also God, became true man, with full humanity and full divinity in one Person.
Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It might be.

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It might be.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hi all the redeemed are the bride of Christ. Redemption is still being accomplished and national Israel's redemption is the focus of end times events leading up to the time of the kingdom. The nations of Israel comes from 4 women 4 brides and they are one nation. The intended bride was Rebekah and Jacob labored for her 7 years and he was given Leah instead. He labored another 7 years for the intended bride. The sum of all his wives make up the nations of Israel. Yes the LORD can have more than one bride to make on spiritual Israel. If you look at Jer 3 we see
14 “Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the LORD, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.
17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.
18 “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers. if we do not replace Israel and Judah with the church is now Israel does the passage make sense?
Yes it does. Read the accounts of when the kingdom that has no end comes to the earth in Dan 2 7 Zech 14 and you will see it is at Jerusalem the LORD comes and saves when they are being overrun. The passages like Isaiah 61, Ezekiel 36 and many others all make sense. Jesus in Luke is promised to save them permanently from their enemies and from that time on they will worship and serve in holiness all the days. This is future and this is the millennium from the 2nd coming onward. Jerusalem will be called the throne of the LORD then and the ark of the covenant will not be made or mentioned again. The future view has teh abomination of desolation occurring in a 3rd temple. Hello! The Trumo peace plan is one of many that could be the covenant with the many and the return of the 3rd temple is all prepared for. If this is not a loud sign that future literalism is right or possible then what is it? Satanic world government is planned and a one world financial system is coming too. Every theme you can think of for the literal accomplishment of the 7 year tribulation is on the board at this time. All of these disagreements come from the lens you see scripture with. The current events should force those who relegate Revelation as past tense to reconsider. Perhaps it is as Mark Twain said," It is easier to fool someone that to convince someone who if fooled that they have been."

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It might be.

Hi ,Monk Brendan , , in Col 2:9 it reads , Because in Him DWELLS all the FULNESS of the GODHEAD BODILY !!

One verb and it is DWELLETH / KATOIKEO and is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

The word DWELLETH in the Greek PRESENT TENSE means that Christ has CONTINUOUSLY dwelled in the GODHEAD , ALWAYS !!

The ACTIVE VOICE says that the subject , Christ , says that He is ndwelling in the GODHEAD !!

The INDICATIVE MOOD says that Col 2:9 is correct !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
They have swallowed the doctrine hook, line, and sinker!
They thought they could scale the spiritual heights, but the doctrine ended up just being a tale.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez
@KWCrazy
@Michael Collum
@TuxAmy
@Oscarr
@Messerve
@mmksparbud

Revelation 21:9 uses the term, 'the bride the Lamb's wife', to describe the New Jerusalem which is seen in vision by John, coming down out of heaven to the New Earth. The term, 'the bride of Christ', is not found in Scripture.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
WHO IS THE LAMB?

Hello @mmksparbud,

Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God, but the use of this word has significance, for God does not use words without purpose, and so that significance must be sought and applied in the case of Revelation 21:9.

The Lamb is referred to throughout the book of Revelation, and chapter 29 is the culmination of them all, so to misuse the term, and simply say, unbiblically, 'The Bride of Christ' is doing Scripture an injustice.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0