Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure people have all sorts or reasons ranging from upbringing to deductive reasoning.
Upbringing does not make one a Christian...only those that actually believe in God/Jesus are Christian.

As to deductive reasoning....right.
And, as I'm sure you know,,,deductive reasoning brings to logical conclusions...so I agree with you.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not asked you to prove God. I know there is no way to prove God.
I said God created the wind.
You said to prove this.
To prove this I'd have to prove that God exists.
If you know this cannot be proven,,,WHY did you ask me something you know cannot be done???

baby-waving-bye-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Children don't just need food, they need education. But the (adult) Israelites had to go work in the fields to get something they could eat. Or are you telling me God should have sent Angels as nannies?:dizzy:
The children used to have nannies, already - the Amalekites. But they were guilty, so God wanted to kill them.

That's demanding God to do extra work, which would be educating the newly become orphans, when he kills a people. I reject this approach.

I personally believe the Bible is inerrant - both in the O.T. and in the N.T..
What do you mean by inerrant?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upbringing does not make one a Christian...only those that actually believe in God/Jesus are Christian.

As to deductive reasoning....right.
And, as I'm sure you know,,,deductive reasoning brings to logical conclusions...so I agree with you.
To you first point: upbringing fairly well predicts choice of religion.

To your second point:deductive logic only reaches accurate conclusions if the premise is valid.

Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ID is a term that scientists use to denote that a superior being created time and the universe...it does not say that the being is the God we know. It COULD be Him too, but is not specified.

And I said that I agree with that definition.

I don't know what you mean by creatioism, but it just means that everything was created by God.

No, it's the theory that God literally spoke everything into existence as-is over the span of seven 24 hour days. Which may or may not be true--but id rather not push it as a literal fact.

Did I say something to this effect?

Of course what you believe about science does not disqualify you.

I thought you said you were a believer...that makes it more than a theory..that would make it the truth for you.

The implication there is that if I don't believe it, I'm not a believer.

Maybe YOU don't know when the universe was created, but it's an accepted fact that it came into being 13.8 billion years ago. What am I "pulling" by stating a fact?

You're trying to refute an argument by pulling up a fact that has nothing to do with the topic. Whether or not the universe was made in 20 billion years or 20 minutes doesn't change the question at hand--which is WHAT created it, not WHEN it was created.

Well, then, perhaps you shouldn't tell me anything and our conversation should really end right here since you're beginning to discuss what I SAY instead of the topic at hand.

For one, I never made claims that I wasn't a hypocrite…

Second, you asked a question, I answered it. Furthermore, I already discussed how debating atheists isn't very beneficial….but debating with other Christians is. I'm much more opt to debate other believers so hopefully our camp can stop spreading misinformation and focus on what is important.

I'm simply here to play devil's advocate.

Huh?

YOU said Christianity cannot be proven...

I said the resurrection can but that I don't speak about it because atheists don't believe it anyway. HOW is that a strawman???

It's a straw man because I never said Christianity cannot be proven; I said God cannot be proven. You pulled up(again)a fact totally irrelevant to what I said in an attempt to refute my point. Even then, how would you know I was talking about the Abrahamic God?

I also already clarified how the resurrection, even if proved undeniably true, would cause Atheists to question what caused it. I doubt they'd immediately admit it was God, much less our God.

I agree with you...

I'm a really dumb person and will no longer be posting to you.

♀️ I don't think you're dumb, but you could definitely try to learn more about the topics you speak about.

Yeah.

Beating a dead horse is rough.

So......

View attachment 270728

Adios.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Do you know a typo when you see one?
So how old do you think the earth is?
Now can you see how it was a typing error?
Yes, I saw you state it was 13.8 a while after you wrote the other post. I forgot to delete my post.

My apologies; we all make mistakes.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I said God created the wind.
You said to prove this.
To prove this I'd have to prove that God exists.
If you know this cannot be proven,,,WHY did you ask me something you know cannot be done???

View attachment 270761
Because quite often people honestly believe that that can be done. I wondered if I were talking to a person of that type.

It’s nice to talk to someone who doesn’t try to shoe horn evidence when faith alone should be the reason for belief in Jesus.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To you first point: upbringing fairly well predicts choice of religion.

To your second point:deductive logic only reaches accurate conclusions if the premise is valid.
Agreed.
So maybe mine is wrong...

But I'll tell you this....
I left one denomination to join another.
Had to study a lot of stuff in order to do so.
God reveals Himself to us if we are willing to see/hear/listen.
Most are not...as Jesus predicted in
Matthew 7:13-14
13“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
14“For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

I'm not going to repeat this for much longer and we have nothing further to say to each other.

Something does not come from Nothing.
A universe exists.
Man exists.
Therefore, SomeOne had to create the Something.

That's my premise...

The Energy Never Dies.

It just changes....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because quite often people honestly believe that that can be done. I wondered if I were talking to a person of that type.

It’s nice to talk to someone who doesn’t try to shoe horn evidence when faith alone should be the reason for belief in Jesus.
LOL
That's why it's called FAITH!

Faith is the conviction of things not seen.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are no flaws in it. It's perfect.
I believe the N.T. tells us how to be saved.

But I also feel the writer's did not make everything very clear, and thus the disagreements between us.

The reason I believe this is not because this was done on purpose, but because they never imagined we'd come up with some of the doctrine we have today.
I find this to be rather sad. Each one of us believes he is right and the other person is wrong.

This is not what Jesus intended.
Philippians 2:2

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Something does not come from Nothing.
A universe exists.
Man exists.
Therefore, SomeOne had to create the Something.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Does not follow logically.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums