Can anyone point out what's wrong with this picture?

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
*please note this thread is in the Egalitarian forum*

Found this one in a discussion on another site. They redacted the names and location, but I'm thinking there may not be just one thing wrong with this one. :)

vbcuk4hvnei31.jpg

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
All male speakers, with one possible exception. (It's hard to tell from the low-resolution picture.) That's not to say that men don't have useful things to say to women and visa versa, but the imbalance seems suspicious.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Having older men disciple younger women is just as unscriptural as having older women disciplining men. Esp regarding the topics listed. There are way to many red flags.

Wait, who said it was a woman's study...I thought it was for men...and the cartoons on top represented the speakers' wives.

• Haha
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟667,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wait, who said it was a woman's study...I thought it was for men...and the cartoons on top represented the speakers' wives.
That's a great point. Maybe it was a men's conference like Promise Keepers.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Found this one in a discussion on another site. They redacted the names and location, but I'm thinking there may not be just one thing wrong with this one. :)

vbcuk4hvnei31.jpg

There isn't one Transgender woman in the bunch. :doh:

There are a lot of men though. :oldthumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

vbcuk4hvnei31.jpg
:doh:

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The title is "The Christian Woman." I have no idea who the intended audience is, but even if it's men, it seems odd to have all male speakers in a conference about women.

Unfortunately the posting didn't give a source, but it seems to be Church of Christ. In case anyone's just itching for an elderly man to explain womanhood to them, I give you the only thing happening in my hometown right now. : exchristian

Remember, there are churches in which women aren't allowed to teach. This would be the obvious result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The title is "The Christian Woman." I have no idea who the intended audience is, but even if it's men, it seems odd to have all male speakers in a conference about women.

Unfortunately the posting didn't give a source, but it seems to be Church of Christ. In case anyone's just itching for an elderly man to explain womanhood to them, I give you the only thing happening in my hometown right now. : exchristian

Yep, that's the exact discussion I found the picture in.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

vbcuk4hvnei31.jpg
If it is for a women’s meeting or a general meeting, in fact if it’s not for anything but a men’s meeting,(and that would be extremely wrong with the picture) there is nothing right about this. The extreme of the pendulum is outstanding because of the one-sided opinion that may not reflect another perspective. Especially of one that a male may never communicate with half the humans on the planet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0