Midwest/South
✟15,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
A woman of some influential status I have had a few interactions with in my waking life was friendly towards me in this dream, and invited me to dinner with her and her husband, and my husband was also invited and came with. We had a nice meal and all four of us had fun laughing and talking, and afterwards, when my husband and I were about to leave, I bowed to her and thanked her for her kindness towards me, and she bowed to me in return. It was an old Chinese bow (I speak Chinese daily and studied the culture so it makes sense this shows up in my dreams), the type of bow where you lean forward very slightly from the head down to the shoulders (The rest of your body stays straight), and put your hands together in front of your chest, which might look like you're in prayer (But actually symbolizes the emotion of gratitude coming from your heart.) This used to display thankfulness in many Asian countries, and was also a sign of respect and gratitude combined. Only a few countries use it now, and mostly only in extremely formal contexts.

As we bowed, a red light began to glow off of us and our hands had gold light emanating from them; red and gold are good luck in Chinese culture and are used frequently at New Year's. This woman doesn't know anything about China in real life as far as I know, but she didn't hesitate to bow in return, and I could feel that she respected me as an equally valuable human being.

I'm just confused about this dream as we don't see each other very often at all (And that may end completely in the next few months if her job changes), and I'm one of many, many people she knows, as she's very social. But I wonder, does this mean that we will become friends who value each other as equals? I don't typically have dreams so rife with symbolism, and I'm confused. For the record, I have had dreams before which have happened, unpredictable things such as earthquakes, deaths in the family, et cetera.

Thank you for your time!

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
A woman of some influential status I have had a few interactions with in my waking life was friendly towards me in this dream, and invited me to dinner with her and her husband, and my husband was also invited and came with. We had a nice meal and all four of us had fun laughing and talking, and afterwards, when my husband and I were about to leave, I bowed to her and thanked her for her kindness towards me, and she bowed to me in return. It was an old Chinese bow (I speak Chinese daily and studied the culture so it makes sense this shows up in my dreams), the type of bow where you lean forward very slightly from the head down to the shoulders (The rest of your body stays straight), and put your hands together in front of your chest, which might look like you're in prayer (But actually symbolizes the emotion of gratitude coming from your heart.) This used to display thankfulness in many Asian countries, and was also a sign of respect and gratitude combined. Only a few countries use it now, and mostly only in extremely formal contexts.

As we bowed, a red light began to glow off of us and our hands had gold light emanating from them; red and gold are good luck in Chinese culture and are used frequently at New Year's. This woman doesn't know anything about China in real life as far as I know, but she didn't hesitate to bow in return, and I could feel that she respected me as an equally valuable human being.

I'm just confused about this dream as we don't see each other very often at all (And that may end completely in the next few months if her job changes), and I'm one of many, many people she knows, as she's very social. But I wonder, does this mean that we will become friends who value each other as equals? I don't typically have dreams so rife with symbolism, and I'm confused. For the record, I have had dreams before which have happened, unpredictable things such as earthquakes, deaths in the family, et cetera.

Thank you for your time!
My wife and I have had many many dreams, such that we always keep a note pad beside the bed to immediately record them before we forget.

About 5 years ago, we both had some very significant dreams about meeting people of a certain ethnicity. We have not met them yet, but the Lord has built a greater understanding of the purpose of meeting with these people. So we pray daily for them, and confidently wait for the meeting to come about in God's timetable.

Last year we started searching for the nearest place we would be likely to find them, but the Lord very clearly told us to stop that.

Your dream is very different, but in my view I would start regularly praying for her, and seeking the Lord for wisdom and understanding.
I am confident that if you listen, the Lord will lead you in what to do.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,225,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
If you have not signed up by making a post in this thread--->Please Read and Agree before Posting
Please do so now, otherwise you risk having your post deleted. Additionally posts that berate and criticize do not belong in this thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

boatJOURNEY

Jan 13, 2019
Austin
✟16,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Thank you for your time!

Hey Bumble Bee,
I'm often very curious about dreams and their meaning and significance. I have had many dreams of spiritual conflict. They desire was so great to understand them I wanted to share them with others. Of course from a Christian point of view because they had religious ramifications. I have a great website where I have been posting my dreams.
Check out www.tehillahdreams.com
My username other there is barny

Upvote 0