Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dreamed that two friends (M and S) and I were hanging out. We were at what felt like M's house but it was not a house I am familiar with in waking life. There was nothing unusual that I can remember about hanging out at the house. I do remember kind of coming and going to other places but it seemed like those travels were dream space within the dream. At one point there was a cat that came to the house. Shortly after that, we decided to go for a walk in a cemetery at night. Once there, I only remember M walking a little ahead of me and I am not sure where S was. There were many cats in the cemetery, mostly orange cats, and one of the cats ran toward me really fast after I walked only a few paces into the cemetery. It leaped forward like it was going to attack me while saying, " I know what you are." Then I woke up.
I did not feel afraid at any point in the dream. I felt curious and spiritual wanting to explore the cemetery. However, I did note the numerous cats around us as odd. I felt that I wanted to understand the cats and their presence. All of the cats were orange but patterns and shades varied. The cat did not follow through with attack but everything stopped with the cat midleap and I looked to see M walking ahead but turning back to see me.

What ways can this dream be interpreted? Please share any insight. Thank you!

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe in dream interpretation (when prophetic), but this one seems more like it is rooted in fear or the occult (if not just inspired by your TV/movie diet). Were you at sleep in your own home? If so, have you done a (spiritual) house cleaning, lately?

• Friendly
Reactions: LilyHu
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Dreaming of thousands of cats running around in a house indicates a lack of direction in your life. There is too much going on in your life that you are losing sight of what's important. The cemetery indicates a rebirth.

It seems to me that the you have lost some of the “old you” over the years and your conscience desires a rebirth.

Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only a miniscule number of dreams have any meaning at all. In my lifetime (76 yrs) I can only recall two dreams that I found meaningful.
Thank you for the response. This dream feels like I am supposed to learn or know something.

Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in dream interpretation (when prophetic), but this one seems more like it is rooted in fear or the occult (if not just inspired by your TV/movie diet). Were you at sleep in your own home? If so, have you done a (spiritual) house cleaning, lately?
Yes, I was asleep in my own home. It did not feel fearful but did feel like there was something I was supposed to learn or know from it. I have been sending up extra prayers over my family and home recently due to some changes. We are not going through a particularly rough time or anything, just life and I like to keep God present and active over it.

Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dreaming of thousands of cats running around in a house indicates a lack of direction in your life. There is too much going on in your life that you are losing sight of what's important. The cemetery indicates a rebirth.

It seems to me that the you have lost some of the “old you” over the years and your conscience desires a rebirth.

Thank you but there were not necessarily thousands of cats and they were in a cemetery. There was one that came into the yard of the house we were in which seemed to prompt the trip to the cemetery. The cats were calm except for the one and, we’re I given the time in the dream, the amount of cats present could have been easily counted. I don’t have much going on in life at the moment that would be considered outside of norm and any excess consists of welcomed change for our family. My faith and my family is my primary focus. I am not certain what the rebirth would refer to and I feel confident in who I am in Christ. With this added information, is there any other insight you could offer?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thank you but there were not necessarily thousands of cats and they were in a cemetery. There was one that came into the yard of the house we were in which seemed to prompt the trip to the cemetery. The cats were calm except for the one and, we’re I given the time in the dream, the amount of cats present could have been easily counted. I don’t have much going on in life at the moment that would be considered outside of norm and any excess consists of welcomed change for our family. My faith and my family is my primary focus. I am not certain what the rebirth would refer to and I feel confident in who I am in Christ. With this added information, is there any other insight you could offer?
I have those type dreams from time to time and will continue to have the dreams until I figure it out. My favorite place for research is here...

Dream Moods Dream Dictionary: Meanings For Symbols That Begin With C

Two keys words are cats and cemeteries, and are under the above page link.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It did not feel fearful but did feel like there was something I was supposed to learn or know from it.
What was the implied reason for visiting the cemetery at night?

(Daytime visits are usually to remember a loved one or out of historical curiosity, etc.)

Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the implied reason for visiting the cemetery at night?

(Daytime visits are usually to remember a loved one or out of historical curiosity, etc.)

It felt like we were searching for something or someone. I cannot really say why it was night. It seemed late in the day, evening maybe, when were at the house. It seemed like sunset outside when first cat in the dream came to the yard of the house. That is what seemed to prompt the trip to the cemetery but we went inside the house first then next thing I knew we were entering the gates of the cemetery. Some of the elements felt a bit realistic like checking that things were handled in the house before leaving even thought that didn’t visibly happen in the dream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I dreamed that two friends (M and S) and I were hanging out. We were at what felt like M's house but it was not a house I am familiar with in waking life. There was nothing unusual that I can remember about hanging out at the house. I do remember kind of coming and going to other places but it seemed like those travels were dream space within the dream. At one point there was a cat that came to the house. Shortly after that, we decided to go for a walk in a cemetery at night. Once there, I only remember M walking a little ahead of me and I am not sure where S was. There were many cats in the cemetery, mostly orange cats, and one of the cats ran toward me really fast after I walked only a few paces into the cemetery. It leaped forward like it was going to attack me while saying, " I know what you are." Then I woke up.
I did not feel afraid at any point in the dream. I felt curious and spiritual wanting to explore the cemetery. However, I did note the numerous cats around us as odd. I felt that I wanted to understand the cats and their presence. All of the cats were orange but patterns and shades varied. The cat did not follow through with attack but everything stopped with the cat midleap and I looked to see M walking ahead but turning back to see me.

What ways can this dream be interpreted? Please share any insight. Thank you!

If the dream is spiritual, then I don't get anything positive from it. To me it seems to almost imply some kind of demonic fascination and exposure. Not anything serious, but there is that passage of Satan prowling around like a roaring lion, and well little orange cats seem like a small nod to that. If you read up on house cats, they actually have the same predatory instincts, behavior, and personality as the big dangerous cats. And of course, their is the grave yard aspect that remind me of necromancy, etc.

The cat in mid leap, suggests to me some kind of attempted spiritual attack but something that is way too feeble to get through. So to me, the message is you have a number of minor demons that have taken an interest in you, possibly from some activities that you have done, if you metaphorically or literally go prowling around graveyards etc. where such entities reside or hang out.

I think there is some meaning too from ancient Egyptian culture. The Egyptians were much much more cat positive than the Hebrews (seeing them as sacred and even worshiping them!). But there is a connection to cats and graves, and graveyards in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Cats in ancient Egypt - Wikipedia

PS - I studied dreams a lot while college, and graduate school. The biggest predictor of the content of dreams is daytime activity and life. So if you are a cat person, or do a lot of walking near a place that has a graveyard then... it is best to not read to much into your dreams. The same goes with orange, if that is your favorite color and similar things.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: LilyHu
Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the dream is spiritual, then I don't get anything positive from it. To me it seems to almost imply some kind of demonic fascination and exposure. Not anything serious, but there is that passage of Satan prowling around like a roaring lion, and well little orange cats seem like a small nod to that. If you read up on house cats, they actually have the same predatory instincts, behavior, and personality as the big dangerous cats. And of course, their is the grave yard aspect that remind me of necromancy, etc.

The cat in mid leap, suggests to me some kind of attempted spiritual attack but something that is way too feeble to get through. So to me, the message is you have a number of minor demons that have taken an interest in you, possibly from some activities that you have done, if you metaphorically or literally go prowling around graveyards etc. where such entities reside or hang out.

I think there is some meaning too from ancient Egyptian culture. The Egyptians were much much more cat positive than the Hebrews (seeing them as sacred and even worshiping them!). But there is a connection to cats and graves, and graveyards in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Cats in ancient Egypt - Wikipedia

PS - I studied dreams a lot while college, and graduate school. The biggest predictor of the content of dreams is daytime activity and life. So if you are a cat person, or do a lot of walking near a place that has a graveyard then... it is best to not read to much into your dreams. The same goes with orange, if that is your favorite color and similar things.

Thanks! I am concerned that the dream was a way of alerting me to some sort of spiritual attack. I am a very spiritual person and have experienced things of this sort before. I can typically discern between dreams that are simply my mind being silly and those that require my attention. This is one of the latter and I can feel it. I do own two cats and have owned many in the past, never orange which is kind of a joke we have in our family. I feel that is why the cats from my dream were orange so that I would pay attention and not think it was simply a dream with cats because I have cats. I really do feel this dream is trying to help me direct my attention to something important in my awake life. Do you have any more thoughts or ideas, especially regarding what the cat said? It said, “I know what you are.”

Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I pieced the dream together more, I think the trip to the cemetery was to find the first cat that came to the yard of the house we were at. Once we got there, I think M walked ahead so quickly because she did not notice the many cats but I think S stopped before entering the gate to the cemetery. For reasons that I’d rather not discuss, this leads me to question the reason. As in, was she aware of the pending attack and staying back out of fear or for better view? Anyway, I did start to wonder about the concern of spiritual attack as I tried to understand the dream better. I am thinking it is to alert me of such in some way which is why I have such strong feeling that I need to understand it. I think the presence of numerous orange cats with varying shades and patterns is trickery. It was only the one cat that showed in the yard and only one cat leapt to attack. It came from behind me kind of to the left just as I began to look around and question the presence of so many cats. It was just so very sneaky. The fact that it spoke still leaves me curious. It said, “I know what you are.” My first thought is that I am a child of God but why proceed in attempt for such weak attack after first acknowledging that is who I am? I feel that I am missing something. I do feel that it is important for me to understand this as it seems to be trying to direct my attention to something I am not currently aware of but need to become aware and on guard about in my life. Thanks for the help, prayers are always appreciated, and please feel free to share any insight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thanks! I am concerned that the dream was a way of alerting me to some sort of spiritual attack.

Yes most of the Spiritual dreams I've had, especially in recent years have been about the same kind of topic.

Do you have any more thoughts or ideas, especially regarding what the cat said? It said, “I know what you are.”

Well concerning demons and people and their lives, especially when it comes to their calling and destiny etc. various people mention that familiar spirits, and other kind of demons have some kind of insight into that. e.g. they might somehow know that the person has some kind of great gift or future ministry that they would like to squash.

While I think there is something to that, I have a some skepticism for some claims or some the things I hear, read etc. Because some of the You-tube videos, web site articles might almost imply something like omniscience that demons do not have (especially since they are no longer in communion with God). But demons do have the ability to profile people. When I studied psychology I got a fair ability to do that, you can learn a lot from people from watching, paying attention remembering things etc. It can almost seem supernatural. And well demons being around for millennia have been doing that for thousands and thousands of years so they can be much better than any sort of criminologist or other kind of psychologist that does behavioral profiles on people.

Upvote 0

LilyHu

Feb 4, 2020
Crestview
✟9,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dreams are so goofy and nonsensical that they are actually amusing.

Yes, I have many odd dreams. Though, every so often dreams like this one catch my attention in a way that deserves some looking into. That may seem silly to some people but I haven’t been wrong about it in the past. I’d rather take the time to understand it than wish I had.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I have many odd dreams. Though, every so often dreams like this one catch my attention in a way that deserves some looking into. That may seem silly to some people but I haven’t been wrong about it in the past. I’d rather take the time to understand it than wish I had.

I gave up trying to understand mine. However I do have dreams that are easy to understand, but I can't discuss them on the forums. :tonguewink:

Upvote 0