Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have always been taught that some people can interpret dreams. I had a dream last night that woke me up. It is really troubling. I'll type out the dream below.

*Please don't read if you are sensitive to scary images or gore. It distressed me and it may distress you as well.*

I look over at my youngest daughter and a crow is eating her eyes out. She's not bothered by this somehow, but I am. I gave her a covering for her eyes because I wanted to make things better and I didn't know how. My husband walked in and his eyes were also missing. I panicked and he said "What day is it?" and I saw a calendar showing the 1st week of April. Then I said "So, please tell me this is an April fools joke?" and I felt desperate like I really wanted it to all be a joke. I snapped awake because of how upset I was and in my minds eye as I was waking up I saw a spider. A big intimidating spider.

I am praying that God will show me what this means. Maybe someone on here is the way God will show me?

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did something happen related to the events you dreamed about before you went to sleep? Were you talking about April, or a crow, or a cloth for covering? It is not uncommon to have dreams that contain elements of some discussion or thought you had before you fell asleep.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have always been taught that some people can interpret dreams. I had a dream last night that woke me up. It is really troubling. I'll type out the dream below.

*Please don't read if you are sensitive to scary images or gore. It distressed me and it may distress you as well.*

I look over at my youngest daughter and a crow is eating her eyes out. She's not bothered by this somehow, but I am. I gave her a covering for her eyes because I wanted to make things better and I didn't know how. My husband walked in and his eyes were also missing. I panicked and he said "What day is it?" and I saw a calendar showing the 1st week of April. Then I said "So, please tell me this is an April fools joke?" and I felt desperate like I really wanted it to all be a joke. I snapped awake because of how upset I was and in my minds eye as I was waking up I saw a spider. A big intimidating spider.

I am praying that God will show me what this means. Maybe someone on here is the way God will show me?

Dreams do reflect turmoil in your life and unsettled issues. However the actual images are rarely reflective of actual events in your life. You have some shocking real events in your life but likely it is only vaguely connected with eyesight.

It may be something you wish you had not seen, but likely that is the most connection it has. Never expect a dreams details to be "code" for something else. But you are encouraged to think about what might actually be bothering you.

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Hey, prayerfully with leading of the Holy Spirit, one can interpret any dream. What I gather here is this was an out-of thougt dream and nothing serious. The April fools day is what paints the evidence. Continue to cover your family in prayer.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Muccio

Saved by grace!
Mar 30, 2019
Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dreams do reflect turmoil in your life and unsettled issues. However the actual images are rarely reflective of actual events in your life. You have some shocking real events in your life but likely it is only vaguely connected with eyesight.

It may be something you wish you had not seen, but likely that is the most connection it has. Never expect a dreams details to be "code" for something else. But you are encouraged to think about what might actually be bothering you.

That is a good thought. It could be something that already happened and not something that will happen.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes dreams are the subconscious packing away thoughts you were not able to process but were still very much on your mind.

I get the sense from what you've said that you feel that you see something that no one in your household sees, and you feel like they're in danger of a trap. (spider)

You are concerned that your daughter does not care that she cannot see it, and that your husband is not able to see it either.

Since April 1st is a Monday, is there apprehension of what the sermon on Sunday will be?

Crows tend to wait until someone is dead to eat their eyes out, is that a metaphor of your perception of them on some level?

those are the kind of questions I ask myself when I get dreams with a lot of details in them, I rarely remember them anymore though.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Muccio

Saved by grace!
Mar 30, 2019
Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes dreams are the subconscious packing away thoughts you were not able to process but were still very much on your mind.

I get the sense from what you've said that you feel that you see something that no one in your household sees, and you feel like they're in danger of a trap. (spider)

You are concerned that your daughter does not care that she cannot see it, and that your husband is not able to see it either.

Since April 1st is a Monday, is there apprehension of what the sermon on Sunday will be?

Crows tend to wait until someone is dead to eat their eyes out, is that a metaphor of your perception of them on some level?

those are the kind of questions I ask myself when I get dreams with a lot of details in them, I rarely remember them anymore though.

This is so deep that I need to think about it. You could be right. I wonder what it is that I'm worried they won't see. I'm not really worried about anything at church. The most relevant thing in my life is that my grandpa died this month and his birthday is the 3rd of April.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a good thought. It could be something that already happened and not something that will happen.

No dreams predict the future unless by accident, or you if can make the same predictions when awake.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I have some crazy dreams at times which seem quite logical while I am dreaming them, but when I wake up they cease to be logical. There have been times when I have woken up from a dream and said to the Lord, "Well, that was a crazy one!" I must be a bit claustrophobic, because I have had dreams where I have been in a confined space, or I have been held down and have been yelling, then woken up and found I was groaning.

I was a school teacher for many years and I have had dreams about not finding the classroom I was supposed to be teaching in, or I have been running hours late for work.

In one dream I was sobbing my eyes out over something I couldn't remember when I awoke, but I felt really emotional. I have had a dream where I was in my own bed and I got up to see what was outside my bedroom, then woke from that dream and found I was still dreaming! It was a dream within a dream. Then I woke up for real. I had watched the movie Inception, and maybe that was on my mind.

In another dream I got out of bed, went to the top of the stairs and saw a dark shape coming up. I spoke loudly in tongues and told the demon to get out! That showed me that even during a dream, I could have enough control to speak in tongues.

I have had dreams about people I know, and these have been indications that I should pray for them, because those dreams happened for a purpose.

Even though I have had crazy dreams, I don't try and interpret them. I have told the Lord after a very vivid dream that I was not going to even attempt to interpret it.

I think the best thing to do is to talk to God about your dream and see what comes to mind about it. Perhaps, because it is about your daughter and husband, that you need to pray for them, maybe to give them eyes to see something about the ways of God that they need to see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie Muccio

Saved by grace!
Mar 30, 2019
Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No dreams predict the future unless by accident, or you if can make the same predictions when awake.

Hopefully you don't think I'm weird, but I get random pictures in my head sometimes and they end up happening. I don't don't see them a lot. I can't can't tell when they come or even tell the difference between them and other thoughts until they happen. Like an example is when my uncle had a major surgery. I saw myself sitting in a waiting room in my minds eye and then found myself some time later in that place and it was when my uncle was in a life or death situation.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This is so deep that I need to think about it. You could be right. I wonder what it is that I'm worried they won't see. I'm not really worried about anything at church. The most relevant thing in my life is that my grandpa died this month and his birthday is the 3rd of April.
Give it time and prayer. I've noticed, God tends to reveal the answer to one of my questions, when I'm looking at something else entirely unrelated.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Muccio

Saved by grace!
Mar 30, 2019
Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have some crazy dreams at times which seem quite logical while I am dreaming them, but when I wake up they cease to be logical. There have been times when I have woken up from a dream and said to the Lord, "Well, that was a crazy one!" I must be a bit claustrophobic, because I have had dreams where I have been in a confined space, or I have been held down and have been yelling, then woken up and found I was groaning.

I was a school teacher for many years and I have had dreams about not finding the classroom I was supposed to be teaching in, or I have been running hours late for work.

In one dream I was sobbing my eyes out over something I couldn't remember when I awoke, but I felt really emotional. I have had a dream where I was in my own bed and I got up to see what was outside my bedroom, then woke from that dream and found I was still dreaming! It was a dream within a dream. Then I woke up for real. I had watched the movie Inception, and maybe that was on my mind.

In another dream I got out of bed, went to the top of the stairs and saw a dark shape coming up. I spoke loudly in tongues and told the demon to get out! That showed me that even during a dream, I could have enough control to speak in tongues.

I have had dreams about people I know, and these have been indications that I should pray for them, because those dreams happened for a purpose.

Even though I have had crazy dreams, I don't try and interpret them. I have told the Lord after a very vivid dream that I was not going to even attempt to interpret it.

I think the best thing to do is to talk to God about your dream and see what comes to mind about it. Perhaps, because it is about your daughter and husband, that you need to pray for them, maybe to give them eyes to see something about the ways of God that they need to see.
Thank you for sharing your experiences. Yeah dreams can be wild. I guess it troubles me because usually I don't have dreams that I remember. There are some I have rarely and they are extremely vivid and stick with me. The best course of action is to always go to God because he has all of the answers.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully you don't think I'm weird, but I get random pictures in my head sometimes and they end up happening. I don't don't see them a lot. I can't can't tell when they come or even tell the difference between them and other thoughts until they happen. Like an example is when my uncle had a major surgery. I saw myself sitting in a waiting room in my minds eye and then found myself some time later in that place and it was when my uncle was in a life or death situation.

If I predicted my uncle would die, that would come true 5 times by now. Death is the most predictable part of life. It comes to very single person and every person they know.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

It would serve you well to spend a day communing with crows. They're peaceable enough birds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When you do get a dream or vision like that, more often than not, it is a signal that you should pray for them. We might know what the outcome of our prayer and intercession will be, but something would have happened in the heavenies when you are prompted in that way, and you obey the prompting.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Muccio

Saved by grace!
Mar 30, 2019
Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If I predicted my uncle would die, that would come true 5 times by now. Death is the most predictable part of life. It comes to very single person and every person they know.

Oh yeah of course we all die. It was just interesting to me that when I sat down in the waiting room as it was happening I remembered seeing that place in my thoughts months before.

Once I was driving to my mom's house and you have to take a dangerous and narrow road to get there. I got a picture in my mind of a tan car coming toward me, and it made me think about how easy it would be to get into an accident, so i slowed down a bit and sure enough a little ways down the road, a tan car came down the road flying. If I hadn't have slowed down it would have been an accident. Can I prove these aren't a coincidence? No, I can't. It's just really strange when that happens.

Upvote 0

Stephanie Muccio

Saved by grace!
Mar 30, 2019
Berea
✟15,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It would serve you well to spend a day communing with crows. They're peaceable enough birds.

I'm not sure I have ever spent time with a crow. I don't have any fear of them or anything. I don't believe outside of my dream, a crow would really do something like that.

• Agree
Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah of course we all die. It was just interesting to me that when I sat down in the waiting room as it was happening I remembered seeing that place in my thoughts months before.

Once I was driving to my mom's house and you have to take a dangerous and narrow road to get there. I got a picture in my mind of a tan car coming toward me, and it made me think about how easy it would be to get into an accident, so i slowed down a bit and sure enough a little ways down the road, a tan car came down the road flying. If I hadn't have slowed down it would have been an accident. Can I prove these aren't a coincidence? No, I can't. It's just really strange when that happens.

That's good you know how dangerous narrow roads can be. Visiting my aunt, the county line road was cement on one side and gravel on the other. People drove fast on the cement side, people from both directions.

At night they'd turn off headlights to "see if anyone was on the other side of the hill comming" Every few years, two cars collided at night, both with headlights off.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm not sure I have ever spent time with a crow. I don't have any fear of them or anything. I don't believe outside of my dream, a crow would really do something like that.

Crows are good folk. A little noisy at times, but that's okay.

Upvote 0