can anyone here share your experiences dealing with people who are vindictive?

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
by vindictive, i mean people who are easily offended and once they do, they will never let it go and proceed to do everything they can to harm you or even destroy you?
Just let them go, but do keep praying for them. They'll come around in God's good time (although some never might). God bless :).

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
by vindictive, i mean people who are easily offended and once they do, they will never let it go and proceed to do everything they can to harm you or even destroy you?

Yes. In my case, it appeared the more I tried to reconcile, the worse it got. The only wisdom I had vision for was to separate. I had to go through a process for that, which required the involvement of a pastor and his wife. Since the guy ended up blaming me for his every problem, he was motivated to separate also, except that he was using my garage for a free storage. It took 6 months and police involvement in order to get him to get it out, because he wanted me to trash the stuff so that he could sue me. The greatest defilement for me was the hostility and the fact I had to get into his mindset in order to figure out his agenda (so that I could protect myself). As far as I know, he has moved out of state and still hiding. For some people, they are not looking for help, so you can't help them. Whenever you do, they hate you for it. And even then, they will claim that they are the Christian and you're not!! How's that for vindictive? Some people are not reconcilable.

Forgiveness to me meant that I had to let it go, that is, release it into God's hands. I needed to pray for that person, and plan to love him like a neighbor (that is, an unbelieving neighbor) if I ever saw him on the street. I had to talk about the affair in a recovery group in order to work through my psychological agony. I learned for the first time in my life the utter importance of boundaries. You cannot take on the bitterness of another. It's another form of being unequally yoked. If there are "red flags," by all means, pay attention!
TD:)

Upvote 0

John "Sir Ota" Go

<Insert Wacky Title Here>
Oct 21, 2017
Quezon City
✟10,180.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When dealing with those kinds of people, here's something to keep in mind: Whatever they do to you, you should just
LSmq5GJ.gif

And pray for them. Give them time, even. They'll get tired of holding a grudge, and who knows? They might even have a change of heart about you. :) God Bless

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When dealing with those kinds of people, here's something to keep in mind: Whatever they do to you, you should just
LSmq5GJ.gif

And pray for them. Give them time, even. They'll get tired of holding a grudge, and who knows? They might even have a change of heart about you. :) God Bless

i don't think i have met many non Christians who ever get tired of holding a grudge, particular if they are in position of power.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I dealt with a boy like this, some years ago. He hated me because of something I had done to him, he wanted to revenge by making me suffer. He succeeded for a while. However, I broke free, as I did not deserve the way he treated me. Nobody would deserve it.
I never had the occasion of reconciling with him, but that is something I should have done - it would have spared many problems. I should have ignored his anger, as nothing else could be done.
He was a boy with many problems, a very difficult family situation and his heart was filled with rage and pain. His hatred towards me could have been towards anyone else. I do pity him, even if he tried to destroy me. His life really was a mess, he did not know what he was doing. Anger and revenge were destroying his heart much more than mine.
However, I know it now, no matter what caused all of this, he was the one who was wrong all along. He was guilty, not me. I was only guilty of letting him hurt me.

So let it go, and never let anyone destroy you. At some point, nothing can be done, excepted moving on, answering to hatred by kindness and prayers. If I had done so, I would have become much stronger than him.

Upvote 0