Can anyone help me with some advice as to how I can start this Ministry.

Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First off before I begin I would like to ask how this guy :clap: can jump up and down when He has no legs? Mindboggling. Perhaps magnetic rays that shoot out of his butt? The world may never know.

Anyways right now I am currently a Security Guard at a parking lot and I pretty much read, study the bible, watch and listen to sermons, lectures, debates, seminars, and documentaries on my computer. I enjoy this and it fights the boredom. I have 15 credits in Criminal Justice and plan on getting my Associates. I am going to be trying out this free Bible College as well (Trinity College of Biblical Studies) I tried to post a link to this free Online Bible College but I don't have 50 posts yet.

Perhaps when I get a better job I can study somewhere like Biola(Talbot). I do not believe I have enough knowledge to be a Pastor and so I want you to realize that this idea for a ministry I have is something I want to do in the future when I have more knowledge. I don't know how I can raise the funds to start a Church when I get that knowledge or anything of the sort. BTW I do not plan on taking a salary and want to hold job to support myself so that will probably help with Church finances a little.

I would like to buy the building next to an abortion clinic and turn it into a Church. I figure this would allow a great opportunity to save lives and preach the Gospel. I was almost aborted, my mother walked out of the abortion clinic and I was adopted at birth and I want to help save these children from being killed like I almost was. Owning the property would allow me to put up pictures of inter uterin photos and 3D ultrasounds as well as leave out free copies of 180movie (A documentary) and other pro-life materials as well as gospel tracts for those entering the clinic. Perhaps I could then encourage other Pastors seeking to start a ministry to open their church next to abortion clinics.

Another thing I have thought about doing is going church to church and asking the Pastors to preach a sermon on abortion and adoption and asking their congregants if any of them would be willing to adopt a child about to be killed. Then I could put up a sign that says I know X amount of couples willing to adopt your child. Well I can do this now without starting a ministry! To be honest when I get a job where I can afford children I plan on going up to a clinic with a sign that says I will adopt your child. I would like to eventually adopt lots of kids. That is where this idea started.

Anyways any thoughts on how to raise funds for this idea after Bible College? The building or space will have to be bought so that I can not get kicked out and I will need to secure legal advice and have a lawyer ready to defend the Church with civil action if our rights are violated furthermore a good surveillance system will be required. I will also need to know how to attract prospective members.

Nickybobby

erudite
Oct 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Visit site
✟21,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like to buy the building next to an abortion clinic and turn it into a Church. I figure this would allow a great opportunity to save lives and preach the Gospel. I was almost aborted, my mother walked out of the abortion clinic and I was adopted at birth and I want to help save these children from being killed like I almost was. Owning the property would allow me to put up pictures of inter uterin photos and 3D ultrasounds as well as leave out free copies of 180movie (A documentary) and other pro-life materials as well as gospel tracts for those entering the clinic. Perhaps I could then encourage other Pastors seeking to start a ministry to open their church next to abortion clinics.

Another thing I have thought about doing is going church to church and asking the Pastors to preach a sermon on abortion and adoption and asking their congregants if any of them would be willing to adopt a child about to be killed. Then I could put up a sign that says I know X amount of couples willing to adopt your child. Well I can do this now without starting a ministry! To be honest when I get a job where I can afford children I plan on going up to a clinic with a sign that says I will adopt your child. I would like to eventually adopt lots of kids. That is where this idea started.

Anyways any thoughts on how to raise funds for this idea after Bible College? The building or space will have to be bought so that I can not get kicked out and I will need to secure legal advice and have a lawyer ready to defend the Church with civil action if our rights are violated furthermore a good surveillance system will be required. I will also need to know how to attract prospective members.

1. Praise God that your mother chose not to abort you!
2. Adoption is a wonderful thing, good luck with adopting kids and providing a wonderful future for them.
3. On the topic of buying a church building/building a church next to an abortion clinic is, in my opinion, a really bad idea. We should be spreading the love of Christ and his Gospel. While it seems at first thought that rescuing babies from abortion will do this, I think you're more likely to attract very aggressive and antagonistic people to your church - something reminiscent of the Westboro Baptist nuts. Thrusting the images of aborted babies and other atrocities at people doesn't appear to be extremely helpful in stemming the tide of abortion. If it was, we'd have solved the problem already as thousands line the streets outside of abortion clinics around the country with huge signs with vivid and troubling images already. These images seem to stir the believer, but what about the non-believer? Personally, I don't think that the best first-image of Christ to a non-believer is a bloody, partially-aborted baby. Is the goal of your church to stop abortion (something that is obviously very personal and important to you) or to grow the body of Christ?

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you're more likely to attract very aggressive and antagonistic people to your church - something reminiscent of the Westboro Baptist nuts.

Good. I would rather they go to a Church run by me then the Westboro Baptist "church". I could preach humility to them and put them to use. (But not holding up signs until they calm down and learn to give answers to those that ask a reason of the hope that's in us IN MEEKNES and fear. ) :doh:LOL

I would rather have people courageous enough to stand against evil who happen to be very aggressive and antagonistic then cowards who are to afraid of loosing friends or embarrassing themselves to do anything to be honest. Children are being murdered in those "clinics". The truth must be shown. I think this is a great way to do that.

BTW watch Ray Compfort's 180 movie. You can do both. That is grow the body of Christ and save lives. Bonheoffer and saved the lives of jews during the holocaust, dose that mean he must have been neglecting his duty to seek and save the lost? Wasn't Pastor Wurmbrand (Read Tortured for Christ) able to save Jews and preach the gospel to Nazis at the same time? For crying out loud one of the men he led to Christ was a guard at the camp where his wife's parents where murdered!

As far as I know no one else is doing this. What a wonderful opportunity. I could try to set up adoptions to save lives. Get into contact with Godly Christian Councilors to offer support for those who feel guilty about killing their children. But yes some of the aggressive and antagonistic people you speak of could cause problems but that is an opportunity to preach forgiveness. Look at Paul! He was rounding up Christians to have them killed. That was pretty bad but look at what he did for the Lord. God can still use these woman who have killed their kids. There are a lot of people that need to hear that. God can use those aggressive and antagonistic people to. BTW Wasn't Jesus, Paul, and Stephen as well as Elijah antagonistic?

"To ignore evil is to become accomplice to it". - Martin Luther King jr.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nickybobby

erudite
Oct 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Visit site
✟21,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good. I would rather they go to a Church run by me then the Westboro Baptist "church". I could preach humility to them and put them to use. (But not holding up signs until they calm down and learn to give answers to those that ask a reason of the hope that's in us IN MEEKNES and fear. ) :doh:LOL

I would rather have people courageous enough to stand against evil who happen to be very aggressive and antagonistic then cowards who are to afraid of loosing friends or embarrassing themselves to do anything to be honest. Children are being murdered in those "clinics". The truth must be shown. I think this is a great way to do that.

BTW watch Ray Compfort's 180 movie

Well, I won't wish you good luck in starting the church, as I can't agree with the suggestions you have made. You obviously have a very personal attachment to this idea and for obvious reasons. A church is supposed to be about one thing: growing in fellowship with God by learning about him, worshipping him and communing with fellow believers. A close second would be spreading the good word of the Gospel. It sounds to me like your goal is to fight abortion by opening a church; putting the cart before the horse.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, I won't wish you good luck in starting the church, as I can't agree with the suggestions you have made. You obviously have a very personal attachment to this idea and for obvious reasons. A church is supposed to be about one thing: growing in fellowship with God by learning about him, worshipping him and communing with fellow believers. A close second would be spreading the good word of the Gospel. It sounds to me like your goal is to fight abortion by opening a church; putting the cart before the horse.

So the Church shouldn't have been a part of the underground railroad and smuggling Jews out of Germany in the 30s-40s?

I wanted to be a Pastor before I came up with this idea. If I am to start a church anyways why not use it to save lives? We can still study, worship, and grow while saving lives. If I was to start a church in Germany in the 30s-40-s I would have been hiding jews (although it would have been an underground church), if I started one in George, Virginia, or Tennessee in the 1800's the Church would have been part of the underground railroad.

Dose anyone have any ideas as far as raising funds getting members. I am sure there are a few people who have started churches who can help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nickybobby

erudite
Oct 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Visit site
✟21,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So the Church shouldn't have been a part of the underground railroad and smuggling Jews out of Germany in the 30s-40s?

Yes, I think the church should have been a part of these things. However, starting a church with these as the only goals I would not support. The church should be working to draw people to God. There are many examples of churches doing great things, but the churches should be in the business of making disciples of Christ and not, primarily, in attacking certain moral plagues. Should these issues be addressed? Yes. Should churches fight against them with LOVE? Yes. Should a church be designed specifically to fight one very egregious act? Nope.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I think the church should have been a part of these things. However, starting a church with these as the only goals I would not support. The church should be working to draw people to God. There are many examples of churches doing great things, but the churches should be in the business of making disciples of Christ and not, primarily, in attacking certain moral plagues. Should these issues be addressed? Yes. Should churches fight against them with LOVE? Yes. Should a church be designed specifically to fight one very egregious act? Nope.

The only goals? You seem to be under the mis"conception" (pun intended) that my only goal I to prevent
murder. It is a secondary not a primary goal. I did say I want to wait until I have more knowledge did I not. If my only goal was to prevent the murder of children and save lives that wouldn't be an issue.

What do you mean by the Church? Every single Christian is commanded to Study to be always ready to give an answer to every man who asks a reason of the hope that's in us in meekness and fear and to make disciples of Christ. "The Church" is the body of true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. The church is not a building or a bunch of buildings. For crying out loud the last thing Jesus did before leaving for heaven was to issue the great commission.

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

These goals are to be primary and most important in every believers life. I thought that obvious. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. However to metaphorically pass by the beaten man like the Priest and the Levite in Luke 10:31-32 is not appropriate so like you said the church should fight against them. I have thought of an effective way to do just that. Should I just open another Church on the street corner instead or just become an assistant at an established Church or just warm a pew most people are doing?

I have the conviction and fortitude to do this and I see no one else doing it. Maybe if someone dose this effectively that will change. I would like to see a Church next to every abortion clinic.

If I am going to open up a Church why not right next to an abortion clinic? I cannot think of a better place or a place a church is more needed in the United States then next to an Abortion Clinic.

BTW just so you know the pictures and dissemination of information is working. There used to be an average of 1.5 million abortions every year in the US, now there are about 900,000. Abortion Clinics are closing. I think the way to stop the American Genocide is to slow down business for the clinics and close them down. There must have been a reason my mother walked out of the clinic. I know because she told me. She knew it was murder and she just couldn't go through with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Once you finish your education my personal opinion is that you should find a position as an associate pastor and gain some experience from the pastor or pastors of a well grounded church. Education is a prerequisite, then comes the experience, working under an experienced pastor will give you that experience. Remember, ministry is a calling not necessarily a career choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Once you finish your education my personal opinion is that you should find a position as an associate pastor and gain some experience from the pastor or pastors of a well grounded church. Education is a prerequisite, then comes the experience, working under an experienced pastor will give you that experience. Remember, ministry is a calling not necessarily a career choice.
Good idea. Maybe I can just pastor a normal church after getting some experience and then run this kind of church on the side.

Upvote 0

AMOG

Jul 29, 2007
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I applaud your desire to rescue women headed for an abortion (and their unborn babies). This is a ministry that needs to be done. However, I don't think your tactics will work like you think they will. Remember, these are, for the most part, not Christians you will be dealing with. The times that Jesus was violent, or even just 'in your face' it was in the face of people who already believed in God or were part of the religious establishment. When he was dealing with unbelievers he was always gentle, kind, and loving. These women need to feel love, compassion, and a way out. Not judged. Showing them a kind, loving Jesus has a much better chance of winning them over and saving the lives of both. Coming across as judgmental kinda guarantees that you will fail in most cases.

Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
These women need to feel love, compassion, and a way out. Not judged. Showing them a kind, loving Jesus has a much better chance of winning them over and saving the lives of both. Coming across as judgmental kinda guarantees that you will fail in most cases.

This is so true, and excellent advice.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Start small, so you know what you can afford. Talk with the coordinators of the clinic, and ask if you can rent their space on morning/evening per week, when they are not using it.

Approach your city council for a permit for public assembly. They will help make sure you have adequate parking spots assigned.

If you want to deal with accepting funds, approach the county clerk to file a business name. Non-profit paperwork is more complicated and expensive, so hold off on that. Once you are a non-profit, you can also apply for small grants -- and people will be more likely to support your venture.

Then start inviting people. Run it like a Bible study to start -- I've known several groups who did this effectively. Let the people carry it in directions, according to their gifts and passions... while keeping your own mission statement as the rudder.

After you have enough support, activity, and need -- then start thinking about renting a building. That is a big expense, and you will need handicap ramps and other adjustments for compliance. Let it grow gradually the way it needs to.

By the time it is church-sized, you will be closer to your educational goals too. It can work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Lol I didn't notice your profile name. That's quite a mouthful.

Look at what your objectives are, before jumping to what shape it will take.

It sounds like you want to do more preaching and informing, than mentoring. This could be done on the radio or public access TV, or Youtube.

Talk with someone at the clinic about your ideas, and ask if they have any use for a speaker. Maybe they are all medical professionals who lack the time to get out there in public.

On the other hand, when you say controversial things, an organization might not want to take the risk of liability for what you say. So being an itinerant speaker might give you the freedom of expression you would want.

Think of how artists are often controversial voices in the din of society. They make bold statements and then let people stand back and think. Splash... dissipate.

A media venue might give you that splash artistry, where people are not made to feel obligated to agree, but a good conversation is started.

In a church, people are continually weighing whether they agree with the pastor and want to be defined by the association.

I've known many people who listened to Rush Limbaugh when they didn't agree with him. They loved the challenge and intrigue, and then picked up odds an ends of things they agreed with. Performance artists have similar impact -- people are not expected to agree, but to think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

phydaux

Oct 22, 2014
Hudson, NH
✟14,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good idea. Maybe I can just pastor a normal church after getting some experience and then run this kind of church on the side.

Brother, that's the second time you're said that "you" want to run a church.

I want to reprove you in the strongest possible terms, brother.

It's not your church, and you don't run it. It is Jesus' church, and the Holy Spirit runs it.

Upvote 0