Can anyone give me new examples of repentance in the Bible?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I only ever see people quoting the repentance of Isreal, David, Nivenah and Manasseh in the Bible. Any other examples?

Exodus 32:14
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul repented?

Yeah. Remember? He used to be Saul, who believed in the one true God of Israel, but who persecuted the followe.........................

But of course, you already know this. So, yes, Paul had to repent of his accusatory point of view and his incessant molestation of Jesus' church. This can be counted as a form of repentance. Paul had to turn around from the behavior he was at one point sinfully doing (even if partly in ignorance).

I know, I know. You're probably wanting an example more like that of Mannaseh. ;)

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Then Judas, who betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders..." - Matthew 27:3

What kind of repentance are we talking about?

Upvote 0

TommySoda

Apr 14, 2018
NY
✟37,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Then Judas, who betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders..." - Matthew 27:3

What kind of repentance are we talking about?
Repentance that stopped God’s wrath/judgment

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the thief on the cross and the one tax collector in Luke 19
8 Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.”
9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; 10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Upvote 0