Can anyone give me insight into my dreams?

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm throwing this out here because I had a dream recently and I've been thinking about it a lot and I think the dream is trying to tell me something but I'd like to get some input from others on this.

Background

Over the years I've often had dreams about bears. Specifically dreams where I'm being chased by a bear, sometimes two. This is the only type of recurring dream I've ever had and the only type of bear dreams I've ever had, always being chased.

The Dream

Anyway, last week I had a bear dream that was very different from all my other bear dreams. This is the very first time that I've had a bear dream in which I'm not being chased, but instead I'm seeing other people being chased by a bear. I'm standing up on a hill observing, and I'm inside some kind of building behind glass, so I feel completely safe. And as I'm watching these people being chased by the bear I'm not worried about them at all because for some reason I guess I instinctively know that they are also not in danger, but I continue to watch. As the bear keeps chasing them they come a little bit closer to where I am so I can see more clearly and I now see that this "bear" is just a man in a bear suit. So that confirms to me that these people really have nothing to fear, but they're being fooled. Then I wake up.

My Thoughts

I know the Bible says your sons and daughters will prophesy, see visions and dream dreams, but I'm not sure if that applies to us today or not. I've heard many "prophecies" both in church, at events and online but I'm very skeptical. Having said that there is no doubt that of course God could speak to us in dreams and visions if he chose to, I'm just not sure that he's still doing that.

I'm skeptical about dreams and interpretations of dreams because I know that ten people can hear the same dream and give ten different interpretations, and I also know that my brain is perfectly capable of generating a meaningless dream and so this dream might not mean anything at all, and it certainly might not be from God, but I have been praying a lot recently for answers, and so I wonder if this is an answer from God or if this is just my brain generating its own "answer".

I can't help but think that I know exactly what this dream means, but rather than tell you what I'm thinking, I'm wondering if anybody else could give some insight on this dream for me.

Reactions: Glory2TheLamb

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe, just maybe, some insight into the “boogeyman” / fake bear guy of paranoia, fear, and mistrust that many people are caught in, thanks in large part to the media. It’s not a real bear. From your perspective, you can see that. They can’t.

Maybe.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Maybe, just maybe, some insight into the “boogeyman” / fake bear guy of paranoia, fear, and mistrust that many people are caught in, thanks in large part to the media. It’s not a real bear. From your perspective, you can see that. They can’t.

Maybe.
Are you thinking covid?

Upvote 0

Glory2TheLamb

Feb 5, 2020
Tampa FL
✟54,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light.

19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Background

Over the years I've often had dreams about bears. Specifically dreams where I'm being chased by a bear, sometimes two. This is the only type of recurring dream I've ever had and the only type of bear dreams I've ever had, always being chased.

The Dream

Anyway, last week I had a bear dream that was very different from all my other bear dreams. This is the very first time that I've had a bear dream in which I'm not being chased, but instead I'm seeing other people being chased by a bear. I'm standing up on a hill observing, and I'm inside some kind of building behind glass, so I feel completely safe. And as I'm watching these people being chased by the bear I'm not worried about them at all because for some reason I guess I instinctively know that they are also not in danger, but I continue to watch. As the bear keeps chasing them they come a little bit closer to where I am so I can see more clearly and I now see that this "bear" is just a man in a bear suit. So that confirms to me that these people really have nothing to fear, but they're being fooled. Then I wake up.

Greetings, Freedom.

I have experience interpreting dreams. I was wondering if you were still curious about your bear dreams. Scripture came to mind concerning it.

Interpretation into people's personal lives sometimes takes a little question and answer first, but let me know if you're interested. I don't think this one is of any private nature, so it's something we could go through publicly.

God bless,
Hidden In Him

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, if you have any insight I'd be very interested. I don't mind answering your questions publicly.

Ok, then let me show you a few scriptures and ask a few questions.

In Biblical symbolism, bears are often equated to men, sometimes rulers or people in authority.

Moreover, Hushai said, “You know your father and his men, that they are mighty men and they are fierce, like a bear robbed of her cubs in the field. And your father is an expert in warfare, and will not spend the night with the people. (2 Samuel 17:8)

Like a roaring lion and a rushing bear Is a wicked ruler over a poor people. (Proverbs 28:15)

You posted as follows:

Background

The Dream

Two things are established here:
1. They represent men, and
2. They are not as dangerous to you or others as they have appeared to be, or as you thought them to be.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this may refer to religious leaders of some sort, since if these recurring dreams are from God they would relate primarily to your spiritual life. So let me ask first off (and the above is only a guess so far, but) do you have thoughts or fears about religious leaders, such as including those here at this forum or in your church environment? I'm not certain that is it, but there's something there to do with men in authority. Maybe it's not religious but financial or institutional.

God bless. I'm sure the Lord will open it up to you. Let me know what your thoughts are after reading this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm standing up on a hill observing, and I'm inside some kind of building behind glass, so I feel completely safe

Think religious leaders first, however, because the above symbolism suggests you are in a spiritual environment now (maybe a church) where you are more protected, and only fear more for others.

God bless,
- H

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Think religious leaders first, however, because the above symbolism suggests you are in a spiritual environment now (maybe a church) where you are more protected, and only fear more for others.

God bless,
- H
I don't fear religious leaders. I don't believe in a future one world anti-Christ and I haven't attended church for many years. I do however mistrust government leaders and basically anyone with power, including the news media. Two things that have always been very important to me in life are fairness and truth, and when I see either of those thrown by the wayside I get extremely frustrated.

I trust in God, but I get frustrated at the thought of not understanding what's going on and not hearing from God. So I study, and study and study to try to understand not only the world around us, but God's plan for the world around us. I feel comfort in understanding and being able to make sense of things.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't fear religious leaders. I don't believe in a future one world anti-Christ and I haven't attended church for many years. I do however mistrust government leaders and basically anyone with power, including the news media. Two things that have always been very important to me in life are fairness and truth, and when I see either of those thrown by the wayside I get extremely frustrated.

I trust in God, but I get frustrated at the thought of not understanding what's going on and not hearing from God. So I study, and study and study to try to understand not only the world around us, but God's plan for the world around us. I feel comfort in understanding and being able to make sense of things.

Alright, well the comfort and understanding is found in Him, and this is the protection you are heading towards. What you may find over time, especially if you seek the Lord Jesus Christ in prayer about it, is that this world is still under the rule of the god of this world, and he gives the kingdoms of the earth to those who will bow down to him and serve him. What these world leaders don't see, however, is that there is a power greater than their god; a God who reigns above it all, and is working all things out for good to those who love Him. And there is going to be a millennial reign of the Lord Jesus Christ on earth after He returns in Power. But this may be something that is only revealed to you in time, by praying to Him to help you see it.

But don't fear the world's leaders, even the worst and most evil of them. In the end they are just men too, and in need of a Savior before they die and go to the wrong place. In the meantime, your place of psychological safety is in knowing that all things are being worked out for good for those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose.

I do believe that's the meaning. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me a conversation. I'd be glad to talk.

Hidden

• Useful
Reactions: Freedm
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm throwing this out here because I had a dream recently and I've been thinking about it a lot and I think the dream is trying to tell me something but I'd like to get some input from others on this.

Background

The Dream

My Thoughts

I know the Bible says your sons and daughters will prophesy, see visions and dream dreams, but I'm not sure if that applies to us today or not. I've heard many "prophecies" both in church, at events and online but I'm very skeptical. Having said that there is no doubt that of course God could speak to us in dreams and visions if he chose to, I'm just not sure that he's still doing that.

I'm skeptical about dreams and interpretations of dreams because I know that ten people can hear the same dream and give ten different interpretations, and I also know that my brain is perfectly capable of generating a meaningless dream and so this dream might not mean anything at all, and it certainly might not be from God, but I have been praying a lot recently for answers, and so I wonder if this is an answer from God or if this is just my brain generating its own "answer".

I can't help but think that I know exactly what this dream means, but rather than tell you what I'm thinking, I'm wondering if anybody else could give some insight on this dream for me.

John the Baptist said, I must decrease

Background

The Dream

My Thoughts

John the Baptist has said, "He must increase, but I must decrease." So it is with all that are truly born from above. As we decrease, His Love is perfected in us. And perfected Love cast out all fear. There is a season for all things under the sun and your dream is showing you there is no fear in Love. In the beginning I feared the bear, but today the bear scatters before the two as One, as it is written to be so.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jlfow

Jun 1, 2012
✟16,019.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Animals in dreams often represent specific characteristics in certain people. He's a "sly fox", is a great example. Bears as I have experienced them in dreams are in reference to people who are after you for somethings - typically out of jealousy. They can also create real damage. To see someone in a bear suit, would mean that they are pretending to be jealous of the group of people, but really they are not in any harm's way.

• Informative
Upvote 0