Can an evil spirit acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh?

now faith

Veteran
Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Obviously Legion wouldn't attempt to deceive the Lord, the demons knew who he was and were terrified of him.
You are inserting your own context that is not in the OP.

Not as such I was responding to your mention of the event.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can an evil spirit or demon ever acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh, or confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, can they ever say that?

1 John 4:1-3 "1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God."
I

does that scripture not answer the question?

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was giving the OP some more thought...

Matthew quotes Matt 8:29 where demons clearly confessed who Christ was.

However this was before the resurrection.

Will an evil spirit confess that Jesus is resurrected in the flesh... ???

I think not...

So 'come in the flesh' is the cruncher - Jesus coming in the flesh occurred after the crucifixion and after He had defeated all the power of death and hell - a spirit not from God will never confess this.

good point, carl. After all didn't Jesus himself Saturday the demons believe and tremble. so demons do believe in Jesus. But not that Jesus came in the flesh

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In fact, demons have recognized that the Son of God has come in the flesh. See the text below.

Matthew 8:28-34
Easy-to-Read Version
Jesus Sends Demons Out of Two Men
28 Jesus arrived at the other side of the lake in the country of the Gadarene[a] people. There, two men who had demons inside them came to him. They lived in the burial caves and were so dangerous that no one could use the road by those caves. 29 They came to Jesus and shouted, “What do you want with us, Son of God? Did you come here to punish us before the right time?”

30 Near that place there was a large herd of pigs feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, “If you make us leave these men, please send us into that herd of pigs.”

32 Jesus said to them, “Go!” So the demons left the men and went into the pigs. Then the whole herd of pigs ran down the hill into the lake, and all were drowned. 33 The men who had the work of caring for the pigs ran away. They went into town and told the people everything that happened, especially about the men who had the demons. 34 Then the whole town went out to see Jesus. When the people saw him, they begged him to leave their area.

John was writing to deal with gnosticism. Gnostics both today and back them deny that the flesh exists. That matter is all an illusion.

1 John 2:22
Easy-to-Read Version
22 So who is the liar? It is the one who says Jesus is not the Messiah. Whoever says that is the enemy of Christ—the one who does not believe in the Father or in his Son.

Gnostics also teach that Jesus is only a man and Christ was just an idea. Today they would say Christ Consciousness. The cult known as Christian Science and the mind sciences. Thus they deny that Jesus is the Messiah.

Gnostics both then and now, deny that sin exists.

1 John 1:8-10
Easy-to-Read Version
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are fooling ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 But if we confess our sins, God will forgive us. We can trust God to do this. He always does what is right. He will make us clean from all the wrong things we have done. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we are saying that God is a liar and that we don’t accept his true teaching.
I

They can't say Jesus is Lord

Just as a non believer cannot say the words and actually mean them

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
good point, carl. After all didn't Jesus himself Saturday the demons believe and tremble. so demons do believe in Jesus. But not that Jesus came in the flesh

I think is 'risen in the flesh' is a better test. (they hate that He conquered death)

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it."

The answer is clearly no.. did we mess "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God," They will not even confess we are washed by the blood of Jesus. No demon no fallen angel are ever going to give any glory or point to Jesus Christ.

If you do not know this you can be easily deceived. Never in my life had some demon ever confess Jesus came in the flesh. They will mumble something scream what not. Just at that name. above ALL NAMES!

• Winner
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it."

The answer is clearly no.. did we mess "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God," They will not even confess we are washed by the blood of Jesus. No demon no fallen angel are ever going to give any glory or point to Jesus Christ.

If you do not know this you can be easily deceived. Never in my life had some demon ever confess Jesus came in the flesh. They will mumble something scream what not. Just at that name. above ALL NAMES!

Hi, I think you missed my post. This is an easy answer and it is that, yes, demons acknowledge Jesus as "The Holy One of God."

• Agree
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JESUSCHRIST's Child

Oct 10, 2021
Quezon City
✟15,903.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Demons/antichrist will say Jesus Christ in the flesh and I've also heard one say Jesus Christ is Lord, but I have never heard any spirit say word for word what the kjv tells us to do/say when testing a spirit. They just won't do it. Unless it is for sure of God.....1 John 4:3 (KJV) And every spirit that confesseth not that "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Hi! I hope you're still active here in this website. I would love to have a conversation with you about testing the spirits based on 1 John 4: 1-3. I hope you are having a blessed day!

God bless and take care.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Y
But an acknowledgement comes from the heart and includes a full acknowledgement that Jesus was fully human and the perfect sacrifice that finished God's plan of salvation when he hung on the cross for three hours and then said with a loud, triumphant voice, "It is finished!" The devil knew from that moment that he was a defeated foe.

I agree. Another example- most people acknowledge that Boris Johnson is Prime Minister of England, yet there are many who look on him with utter contempt and would give him no credit or goodwill. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

labloomer

Oct 14, 2021
Perth
✟17,442.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think is 'risen in the flesh' is a better test. (they hate that He conquered death)

I think that is very good point Carl.

I would also like to point out that Jesus coming in the flesh is not only past but also when we believe in Him as our Saviour, for then we have His Spirit in our flesh.

For a long time I used to believe the devil lying to me saying Jesus' Spirit wasn't in me because I couldn't feel Him when I struggled with my sins, only later, after hearing a good sermon, did I realise that was the devil lying to me.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can an evil spirit or demon ever acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh, or confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, can they ever say that?

1 John 4:1-3 "1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God."

I believe that God, through John, was talking about the spirit within a person. There were times in the Gospel and Acts where demons shouted through a person calling Jesus son of the most-high God and also shouting that Paul was a servant of the Most High God (though some believe that this was done in mockery.) In this context, God was instructing John to write, advising the church to test the one claiming to be of God by their doctrine, whether or not they believed in Christ, this most basic but most important doctrinal belief.

Upvote 0

catzrfluffy

i come bearing .gifs
Sep 4, 2009
palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've since found out that demons can confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, I've heard lies and false prophecies by voices that also confessed that "I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" and acknowledged that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh immediately afterwards and before. So I guess this piece of scripture in 1 John 4 isn't about finding the difference between demons and angels, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUSCHRIST's Child

Oct 10, 2021
Quezon City
✟15,903.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've since found out that demons can confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, I've heard lies and false prophecies by voices that also confessed that "I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" and acknowledged that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh immediately afterwards and before. So I guess this piece of scripture in 1 John 4 isn't about finding the difference between demons and angels, etc.

That's strange. I've known someone who claimed that no spirit who will confess "I confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" has ever lied to him. How about spirits who will say "yes" to "Did Jesus come in the flesh?" ?

Upvote 0

JESUSCHRIST's Child

Oct 10, 2021
Quezon City
✟15,903.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And may I ask how you found out? May I also contact you? My world has mostly been revolving on this topic 'testing the spirits' this year, so far. You may e-mail me at: jccj.19.2021@gmail.com

God bless and take care.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Agreed. We are dealing with the father of lies here, I'm quite sure he can lie himself out of any and every situation that challenges him.

One of the earliest confessions of Jesus Christ come in the flesh is this.
Lk4v34 “Ha! What do You want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are— the Holy One of God!”

Upvote 0

catzrfluffy

i come bearing .gifs
Sep 4, 2009
palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's strange. I've known someone who claimed that no spirit who will confess "I confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" has ever lied to him. How about spirits who will say "yes" to "Did Jesus come in the flesh?" ?
How did I find out? I've been told I will meet someone before a certain time, and I never did, and that I'm not demon-possessed anymore, but I still am, and that the medication I'm on is just salt water, but that's untrue, also they've said I'm in heaven, but I'm not, and that I forgot parts of my life and that something else happened, and that's untrue too. I asked all these spirits "Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?" and they all said "Yes. I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh." They can say "I acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh" too. Just thought I'd warn others.

Upvote 0

catzrfluffy

i come bearing .gifs
Sep 4, 2009
palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How did I find out? I've been told I will meet someone before a certain time, and I never did, and that I'm not demon-possessed anymore, but I still am, and that the medication I'm on is just salt water, but that's untrue, also they've said I'm in heaven, but I'm not, and that I forgot parts of my life and that something else happened, and that's untrue too. I asked all these spirits "Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?" and they all said "Yes. I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh." They can say "I acknowledge that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh" too. Just thought I'd warn others.
I still doubt about whether the test of spirits works or not, it might do. I don't seem to have a choice. Maybe the test of spirits does work, thinking back to all the spirits that said things to me and and also said "I confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh", some of it might have been in prophetic language, I might not be demon-possessed anymore, some of it might have been my own voice, and something really unlikely they told me did seem to come true. If it is the Lord's will, I will post back if anything happens to disprove this test working.

Upvote 0