Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How about like Joyce Meyers, is she consiterd more of a teacher?
Who? Never heard of her.

"Women should be able to become ministers." -LuvAslan

"I believe that women have the right to be pastors. But I don't want to debate this right now, so I think I'll just back out of the thread slowly." -
Nienor

You can believe whatever you want, and have whatever opinion you wish, but that does not change what the almighty creator of everything says. Some things of God, to us sinful humans, might not makes sense sometimes, but that is how they are. It doesn't matter what you think. I matters what God says. God's Word cannot be changed!

But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression. -1 Tim. 2:12-14

Women do have their role in the church, and in society; they are very important. Men have their role. One role is not greater than another, and both sexes are needed. Still, the fact remains that men and woman are not the same. They were never intended to be the same. God created men and woman differently, and gave us different jobs. May God bless all woman, because they are so important to us men!

Reactions: sunsurfkdt
Upvote 0

ChrisCountryGirl

It's better to give than to recieve
May 23, 2006
✟73,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who? Never heard of her.

"I believe that women have the right to be pastors. But I don't want to debate this right now, so I think I'll just back out of the thread slowly." -Nienor

You can believe whatever you want, and have whatever opinion you wish, but that does not change what the almighty creator of everything says. Some things of God, to us sinful humans, might not makes sense sometimes, but that is how they are. It doesn't matter what you think. I matters what God says. God's Word cannot be changed!

But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression. -1 Tim. 2:12-14

Women do have their role in the church, and in society; they are very important. Men have their role. One role is not greater than another, and both sexes are needed. Still, the fact remains that men and woman are not the same. They were never intended to be the same. God created men and woman differently, and gave us different jobs. May God bless all woman, because they are so important to us men!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Who? Never heard of her.

"I believe that women have the right to be pastors. But I don't want to debate this right now, so I think I'll just back out of the thread slowly." -
Nienor

It's not like this is something I have arbitrarily decided. I have done my research and feel like I can back myself up. But I keep debating this issue on CF and I'm tired of it and don't want to do it again.

Reactions: herev
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is it possible to not have eisegesis when interpreting the Bible?

But yes, I avoided it as much as possible
Then you should be able to see the different gender roles which God has created for us.

The scripture that I posted was very clear. Other than resorting to 'how society is different now', I'm not sure how much of an argument can be made.

Upvote 0

Nienor

why so serious
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
✟29,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Then you should be able to see the different gender roles which God has created for us.

The scripture that I posted was very clear. Other than resorting to 'how society is different now', I'm not sure how much of an argument can be made.
Context is pretty important, and you have to take it into consideration when interpreting anything, especially the Bible

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Context is pretty important, and you have to take it into consideration when interpreting anything, especially the Bible
As well as the roles which God had established long before Paul was ever around, as was clearly mentioned in the letter to Timothy. The society in first-century Palistine isn't a factor here. The roles that the Almighty established at the creation of man are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.