Country
Canada
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just a thought, if someone was in Hell, and it was only in that moment that they truly regretted what they did and accepted God, and Jesus Christ, could they be saved? I believe most people who reject Christ and God with a passion, and will always hate our Lord and even Hell. But what if someone did truly find their love for God while in Hell? Although it is complete separation from God, can their ever be extraordinary situations where God or Jesus saves a soul in Hell?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since we will all come before the Lord in the end and He will judge us on our works on earth, I can safely say no.

Revelation 21
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Blessings

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They wouldn't be there in Hell in the first place if there were a possibility of them being saved. Also, people who go to Hell are basically there by their own choice—after living their life telling God to leave them alone, God grants them their wish. They would rather suffer in Hell than be in Heaven since they love evil, and they hate God and the saints.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
To be in hell is to reject the grace of God, to reject His mercy and forgiveness

So you are cut off from His grace in Hell

Well true repentance is only from the grace of God , so those in hell are incapable of repentance

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be in hell is to reject the grace of God, to reject His mercy and forgiveness

So you are cut off from His grace in Hell

Well true repentance is only from the grace of God , so those in hell are incapable of repentance

Your last statement is so powerful. I think of how many kids I have worked with who are truly sorry about the consequences they earned from their choices, but aren't repentant for the choices they made that led to the consequences. In fact, they wouldn't be sorry about their choice at all, if it weren't for the negative consequences that followed the bad ones.

I realize that isn't the same thing; but....

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Luke 16:19 The Rich Man and Lazarus
"There was a rich man who dressed in purple garments and fine linen and dined sumptuously each day. And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps that fell from the rich man's table. Dogs even used to come and lick his sores. When the poor man died, he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, and from the netherworld, where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he cried out, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering torment in these flames.' Abraham replied, 'My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented. Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.' He said, 'Then I beg you, father, send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment.' But Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them.' He said, 'Oh no, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' Then Abraham said, 'If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.'"

Upvote 0