• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Can a rape victim determine the value of their unborn child?

Discussion in 'Debates on Abortion' started by (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ), May 20, 2019.

1. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+532
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I am done with this thread and will stick with the Federal Courts one.

2. Tutorman

Tutorman Charismatic Episcopalian

+1,326
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    US-Republican
    So much for God's law

3. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I started a thread a couple months ago titled "How Can a Christian Biblically Defend Abortion" in which I challenged Christians to provide a biblical defense for abortion while explaining the various biblical examples that clearly state that life in the womb is just as precious as any other human life. Not one person could provide an answer that didn't is some way abandon the word of God in favor of the secular laws of man. Not one. And this is no different.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Because biblically, that is the only leg you have to stand on...for now.

5. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,376
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    No, you have not answered the question.

You have never stated what made a fetus a "viable" human... nor have you stated what determined that they have rights... Not at what age, what circumstance or what event changes them from non viable with no rights to viable with rights..... Not once.....

This is due to the fact that you cannot.... This is due to the fact that at the time of conception... a person becomes a human and to end it's life is killing a human.... regardless of the comfort some feel that they have due to some group of men saying it's OK.

6. Leet

Leet Newbie

+38
    Pentecostal
    Married
    It has nothing to do with "value" if the pregnant woman doesn't consider an embryo to be a person.

7. JacksBratt

+3,376
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    So, it's up to the pregnant woman to determine this?

What if she determines her 1 day old to "not be a child".. Where does her "power to determine" stop?

8. Leet

Leet Newbie

+38
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I'm pro-life apart from the extreme exceptions. I believe all life has value but I'd never judge a raped little girl or woman for not wanting to carry a baby from said act. And what my initial reply meant is that I find the premise of this thread to be a flex that doesn't necessarily make sense.

9. JacksBratt

+3,376
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    If a girl was raped... is the child defective? Is the child guilty? Is the child not a gift from God?

If a woman is raped and God allows her to become pregnant.... are you doing God's will to kill it?

A woman who is raped will never be the same, for their entire life. Killing the child is not going to change that.

Nine months to ensure that a living soul has a chance at a life of it's own.

Anyway, I think most people have made up their mind and they will answer for their decisions in this world.