Can a rape victim determine the value of their unborn child?

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So much for God's law
I started a thread a couple months ago titled "How Can a Christian Biblically Defend Abortion" in which I challenged Christians to provide a biblical defense for abortion while explaining the various biblical examples that clearly state that life in the womb is just as precious as any other human life. Not one person could provide an answer that didn't is some way abandon the word of God in favor of the secular laws of man. Not one. And this is no different.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I already answered this question a while back. However, it is unlikely the majority agrees with me on this because of new techonlogy helping babies stay alive in neonatal care units, and Iv respect that.
No, you have not answered the question.

You have never stated what made a fetus a "viable" human... nor have you stated what determined that they have rights... Not at what age, what circumstance or what event changes them from non viable with no rights to viable with rights..... Not once.....

This is due to the fact that you cannot.... This is due to the fact that at the time of conception... a person becomes a human and to end it's life is killing a human.... regardless of the comfort some feel that they have due to some group of men saying it's OK.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It has nothing to do with "value" if the pregnant woman doesn't consider an embryo to be a person.
So, it's up to the pregnant woman to determine this?

What if she determines her 1 day old to "not be a child".. Where does her "power to determine" stop?

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So, it's up to the pregnant woman to determine this?

What if she determines her 1 day old to "not be a child".. Where does her "power to determine" stop?
I'm pro-life apart from the extreme exceptions. I believe all life has value but I'd never judge a raped little girl or woman for not wanting to carry a baby from said act. And what my initial reply meant is that I find the premise of this thread to be a flex that doesn't necessarily make sense.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm pro-life apart from the extreme exceptions. I believe all life has value but I'd never judge a raped little girl or woman for not wanting to carry a baby from said act. And what my initial reply meant is that I find the premise of this thread to be a flex that doesn't necessarily make sense.
If a girl was raped... is the child defective? Is the child guilty? Is the child not a gift from God?

If a woman is raped and God allows her to become pregnant.... are you doing God's will to kill it?

A woman who is raped will never be the same, for their entire life. Killing the child is not going to change that.

Nine months to ensure that a living soul has a chance at a life of it's own.

Anyway, I think most people have made up their mind and they will answer for their decisions in this world.

Upvote 0