• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Can a rape victim determine the value of their unborn child?

Discussion in 'Debates on Abortion' started by (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ), May 20, 2019.

1. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Able to breathe, drink, digest milk, and pee naturally outside the mother's uterus IMO. But I don't know if seven former judges agreed with that description.

2. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ) Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

3. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+2,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The ancient world was rife with orgies and idolatry too. I dont understand your point and I dont hear much discussion about abortion in the ancient world.

4. (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

+2,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    In nazi Germany, it was secular law that made murdering Jews legal. But I guess we should have just "accepted that fact" and do nothing. Btw...there is nothing in the constitution which gives anyone a right to abortion.

5. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,382
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    So, again, a person in a coma ,cannot breathe, drink, digest anything or pee naturally. Does that mean that if the mother of this person wanted to.. they could cut them up into pieces and dispose of them?

6. JacksBratt

+3,382
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    So, if laws are passed, in America, that state that you cannot worship in your church, talk about Christ, teach your kids about Jesus and the gospel, own and read a bible, openly witness to non believers.... that Christians would have to accept that fact too? Due to the "secular laws of America?

7. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+38,324
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    How do you know that this is true :scratch:

1. That abortions were a common practice in ancient Israel and
    2. That ancient Israel considered the fetus to be a part of the mother's body (rather than a separate life within the mother).
    Please give us references (concerning Israel alone, not the pagan nations of the ancient world).

Thank you!

--David

Psalm 139
    13 Thou didst form my inward parts;
    Thou didst weave me in my mother’s womb.
    14 I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Wonderful are Thy works,
    And my soul knows it very well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from Thee,
    When I was made in secret,
    And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth.
    16 Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance;
    And in Thy book they were all written,
    The days that were ordained for me,
    When as yet there was not one of them.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,217
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I posted a link to the Got Questions article on the same topic earlier, but it was ignored.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,217
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    (1) Slavery in America was legal for 89 years.

(2) Segregation and discrimination against minorities was legal in America.

The United States government and its laws aren't always a guide to human decency and morality. The abolishment of slavery and the Jim Crow Laws happened when people collectively stood up and fought against these immoral and unjust laws. And that is how drastic social change happens. Immoral laws that lessen the value of human beings aren't challenged and crucial social change won't happen when people are complacent by refusing to stand up and speak out against immoral and unjust laws.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. ChristianForCats

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    When did I say the right to have an abortion is moral just because it is legal? I was only stating the facts, which are:
    1. The right to life in America is determined by the U.S. Constitution and current federal laws.
    2. Supreme Court rulings can only be based on what the majority of nine judges believe, not the Bible.

11. ChristianForCats

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    No such laws would ever be written because of the First Amendment. You have no comparison.

12. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,389
    Non-Denom
    Single
    There are many laws that supposedly couldn't be written due to several different amendments of the Constitution, but it didn't stop them from being written.

13. ChristianForCats

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Murdering Jews has nothing to do with any constitutional amendment or Supreme Court ruling.

There most certainly is, or the Supreme Court would not have voted in Jane Roe's favor.

14. ChristianForCats

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Are you just making hypothetical guesses for the sake of argument?

15. ChristianForCats

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I already stated I will not answer the question. Either drop it or be reported.

16. JacksBratt

+3,382
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Spoken like a true sheep..... People in Germany, in the 20's and 30's could have thought the same way..

Never say never....

17. JacksBratt

+3,382
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I gotta bow out here folks. This other poster is blind to the things that they are saying..

I doubt a thread on a forum will change their mind.

So, remember, Jesus Loves Everyone.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,389
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Well, the Second Amendment has caused a number of laws regarding guns to be struck down. But those laws were written (and passed) in the first place.

19. ChristianForCats

+556
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That has nothing to do with abortion.

20. JacksBratt

+3,382
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    I will ask it again then..... What is there to report? It's a simple question..

Report it if you feel that it is reportable... I have asked nothing that is outside of the CF guidelines...