Can a rape victim determine the value of their unborn child?

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes they are and in fact aborted babies get cut up and parsed out to other facilities which was in a documentary. Abortion is murder, period. Your ideas are no different than Hitlers, hey let's kill these or that people because they are not viable or the others because we deem them not human yet. Disgusting!

The description I read specifically states what happens after the babies are removed. The wprd canister is not used.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Than keep studying, I was involved in pro life movements and I seen the evidence. Stop fooling yourself babies get tron limb from limb and you seem fine with that because they are not "viable"

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Than keep studying, I was involved in pro life movements and I seen the evidence. Stop fooling yourself babies get tron limb from limb and you seem fine with that because they are not "viable"

Are you a member of a pro-life organization? Because abortion procedures are medical appointments only the patient and medical staff (and parents if necessary) can know about it before she walks out without a baby bump.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can search online how abortions are done, get rid of your liberal ideas and realize that babies are human. If you say they are not than neither were the Jews under Hitler or Armenians under the Turks. I can't believe a disabled person is standing up for abject baby murder, it boggles the mind and feels like a betrayal. You see if you want to kill babies so bad what kind of justification are you going to give when they come for us disabled folks because we are not viable, because they deem we have no body autonomy?

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Code of Conduct. I was telling someone CF should prohibit any mention of someone being stabbed like he did. That has nothing to do with the Bible or even Christianity.
You said that people on life support could legally be killed by others. So you were asked if someone on life support were stabbed to death, would that not be murder? Why or why not?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is not murder. It is not simply because it is legal. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Moreover the Bible never addresses the question of abortion even though it was rife in ancient times because foetuses were considered a part of the mother.
Sadly, abortions are common in secular Israel today, but I don't believe that was true of Israel back in Biblical OT/NT times :scratch:

Where can I find the data that you used concerning the practice of abortion in ancient Israel? (1. that it was commonplace to perform them in ancient Israel and 2. that Israel considered the fetus to be a part of the mother's body rather than a separate life within the mother)

Thanks!

BTW, even though my country (and I assume yours as well), has made it legal for a mother to kill her unborn child if she wants to, the intentional killing of an innocent in the Bible is still considered murder by God.

--David
p.s. - it seems to me that this is a situation that could be applied to abortion, or at least to the value that is assigned to an unborn human life, because a miscarriage that resulted in the death of the unborn child carried the death penalty for the perpetrator.

Exodus 21
22 If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide.
23 But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life,
24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Abortion is not murder. It is not simply because it is legal. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Moreover the Bible never addresses the question of abortion even though it was rife in ancient times because foetuses were considered a part of the mother.
You know, legally, looking at inappropriate content isn't adultery. But Jesus says different. As a Christian, you should know that just because something is legal, doesn't mean that it isn't a sin. Apparently it is also legal to cheat on your spouse too. But that doesn't mean that it still isn't a sin.

Edit: Therefore, as a Christian, you cannot hide behind the legal code to justify what God would consider to be murder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟591,018.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
You know, legally, looking at inappropriate content isn't adultery. But Jesus says different. As a Christian, you should know that just because something is legal, doesn't mean that it isn't a sin. Apparently it is also legal to cheat on your spouse too. But that doesn't mean that it still isn't a sin.

Edit: Therefore, as a Christian, you cannot hide behind the legal code to justify what God would consider to be murder.

God never once mentions abortion although the ancient world was rife with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Obviously when it is born, according to at least one poster.

Of course the truth is fetuses get their rights when they are viable, long before birth.
What is the determinant for a fetus to be "viable", and what is the definition of "viable" as it pertains to achieving rights?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Are you a member of a pro-life organization? Because abortion procedures are medical appointments only the patient and medical staff (and parents if necessary) can know about it before she walks out without a baby bump.
And this is important to this discussion, WHY?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You can search online how abortions are done, get rid of your liberal ideas and realize that babies are human. If you say they are not than neither were the Jews under Hitler or Armenians under the Turks. I can't believe a disabled person is standing up for abject baby murder, it boggles the mind and feels like a betrayal. You see if you want to kill babies so bad what kind of justification are you going to give when they come for us disabled folks because we are not viable, because they deem we have no body autonomy?
You are trying to talk sense into someone who in post #141 stated that their disabilities, along with being epileptic, was easier to live with than a 9 month pregnancy. Mind=boggled.

ChristianForCats said:
"I was born disabled. None of my disabilities can be cured. Yes, 9 months of pregnancy would be harder. I have epilepsy and would not be able to take seizure medications if I got pregnant. Without pregnancy all I have to worry about is taking my pills on time."

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God never once mentions abortion although the ancient world was rife with it.
The bible doesn't detail all the different ways that people were murdered back in those days.

It simply states that killing is wrong. It also states, as one of the two parts to Christ's "new" commandment, that holds all the commandments in one...... Treat others like you would want to be treated..

So, if you wouldn't mind someone cutting you into pieces.... then... I guess you're ok.

You still haven't told me at what stage a human child obtains their human rights...........

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Truly an excellent post ! Very well put

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You said that people on life support could legally be killed by others. So you were asked if someone on life support were stabbed to death, would that not be murder? Why or why not?

Not the way Jack described.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I have clearly stated embryos and fetuses are human in every abortion thread and do not justify a doctor killing unborn babies just because htey would be born with disabilities. Have you not been following all of my posts that explain an unborn baby's ribhts rest solelly rests on the Roe vs. Wade decision? That does not mean I support all abortions up to viability. It only means what it is: If a woman wants an abortion in the USA before the fetus is viable, she has that legal right and religious beliefs have nothing to do with it.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Because he/she is not getting their own way

I just want to make it clear that an unborn baby's rights are 100% about the secular laws in America, not God's Word, and like it or not, Christians must accept this fact. At no time did I ever deny the Bible is the truth and human life begins at fertilization. It is just an issue with people thinking because of God's Word, Supreme Court rulings are irrelevant regarding when human rights actually do begin, which is wrong.

Upvote 0