• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Can a rape victim determine the value of their unborn child?

Discussion in 'Debates on Abortion' started by (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ), May 20, 2019.

1. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    Yahuweh , in Scripture(His Word) , says clearly not to add to His Word, and not to take away from His Word.

2. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I said CF rules, not the Bible.

3. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    How about God's Rules? (for all "Christians") ?

4. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,410
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I found many images and posted a few yesterday from doing a Google image search. Can't remember the exact search terms I used though.

5. ChristianForCats

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That is not what I was talking about.

6. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    His Rules for All Christians cover everything in life. His Word is very comprehensive and complete, as well as perfect and life-giving.

7. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,410
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What did you mean by wanting to change the COC? What is COC?

8. ChristianForCats

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Code of Conduct. I was telling someone CF should prohibit any mention of someone being stabbed like he did. That has nothing to do with the Bible or even Christianity.

9. ChristianForCats

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I recommend closure of this thread.

10. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,605
    Anabaptist
    I didn't see anyone 'stabbed', but haven't read all the posts either.

God forbids 'stabbing' someone, no matter how old they are, or even if they are born yet.

p.s. found one post:

11. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+5,410
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Probably referring to post #206.

12. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,429
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Why would you recommend that? Is the graphic truth of abortion to remain hidden? It's up to the mods and the OP to close a thread.

Abortion is a morbid, immoral, anti Christian, unbiblical action. The fact that so many are fighting to keep the right for abortion says a lot about the state of this world.

13. ChristianForCats

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Ooooops. I assume you mean un-Christian.

To set the record straight: I do not support any "convenience" abortions apart from rape and incest cases (which I have explained many times is much more than that). However, I also do not support forcing any woman to feel like she must die to obey the government. The mother's health needs to include more than medical emergencies.

14. JacksBratt

+3,429
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    No, I meant "anti"

an·ti-Chris·tian
    /ˌan(t)ēˈkrisCHən/

adjective
    • 1. opposed to Christianity or Christian values.
    And, even after a rape or incest, abortion is a "convenience" for the mother. This has been shown many times with the children conceived in these ways being a great benefit to society.

Also, I don't think that too many people would say a woman must die. There are medical interventions that would do all that they could to save both mother and child. In these very rare exceptions, the mother would come first. Not out of "not wanting the child" but as a last resort.

Society is not arguing for this. They want the mother to have full choice in keeping or ending the life of the child that they are carrying.

It is just one cog in the wheel of going against the world that God created and said "it is good".

15. kiwimac

kiwimac Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian Supporter

+1,294
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Because it has not been born.

16. JacksBratt

+3,429
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    So, at what point does it get it's rights?

17. ChristianForCats

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Obviously when it is born, according to at least one poster.

Of course the truth is fetuses get their rights when they are viable, long before birth.

18. ChristianForCats

+580
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think everyone knows how I feel about abortion and there is no point repeating myself anymore.

19. Tutorman

Tutorman Charismatic Episcopalian

+1,326
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes they are and in fact aborted babies get cut up and parsed out to other facilities which was in a documentary. Abortion is murder, period. Your ideas are no different than Hitlers, hey let's kill these or that people because they are not viable or the others because we deem them not human yet. Disgusting!

20. kiwimac

kiwimac Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian Supporter

+1,294
    New Zealand
    Utrecht
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Abortion is not murder. It is not simply because it is legal. Murder is the unlawful taking of life. Moreover the Bible never addresses the question of abortion even though it was rife in ancient times because foetuses were considered a part of the mother.