• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Can a rape victim determine the value of their unborn child?

Discussion in 'Debates on Abortion' started by (° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ), May 20, 2019.

1. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+3,615
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    People are not dogs. They don't get Spayed or neutered.

I am learning so much about you....

2. JacksBratt

+3,615
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    So, if you were in a coma... we could stab you and cut you into pieces? And it would not be murder?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. JacksBratt

+3,615
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Why does the fetus not have the same rights as a one day, one month or one year old?

4. Nige55

Nige55 Newbie

+162
    Christian
    Married
    Sorry, this is not the full picture at all. Comfortably over 90% of abortions are elective. To try to claim that pro-choice people simply "know it is immoral to force rape victims......etc etc" discounts the absolute, overwhelming majority who fight for the 'right' to choose purely out of convenience.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  5. Nige55

Nige55 Newbie

+162
    Christian
    Married
    You don't know why ? Really ??!! Ever heard phrases such 'it's a womans' choice', 'none of mens' business', etc. I'm not assuming anything, we ARE being dictated to.

6. Nige55

Nige55 Newbie

+162
    Christian
    Married
    A Christian, by way of what their faith teaches actually should want for their values to lead law in a country, as they believe them to be God's perfect laws. It's dangerous for a country NOT to follow them !

Btw, it's not true at all. There are many pro lifers who are not Christians, and see taking that babies life as murder.
    It's funny that proclaiming faith is ok when it come to thou shalt not murder, but that same faith is rejected when it's an issue that doesn't sit well with some (and for that some, it's 90%+ out of inconvenience).

7. Nige55

Nige55 Newbie

+162
    Christian
    Married
    What are those 'few', if clearly the right to life is not one of them ? I'm curious.

8. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    The Roe vs. Wade decision only allows abortion up to viability.

And if you were brain dead, people would have the right to kill you.

9. ChristianForCats

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Partial birth is one way. There also is a legal abortion drug.

10. ChristianForCats

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    If I was in a coma all medical staff would do is unhook tubes and machines. You have no analogy.

11. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+10,445
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Also there's an induced medical coma for certain procedures where you know when the person will wake up. If viability without machines was the condition then that person while in that induced medical coma lacks their rights.

For a baby with a due date the induced medical coma is a direct analogy for the argument of viability.

The only difference is the person in the coma has already been born. So to refute that we go back to the already disproven birth is the point where humanity and human rights begin. Because it's an arbitrary point.

Back again to the fact that you must have a non arbitrary point.

Plus the already been born argument has been refuted in the pro-choice argument itself by saying that someone has the right to remove machines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. ChristianForCats

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yes they do. Look up ovariohysterectomy anc castration.

13. Davidnic

+10,445
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I think you mean vasectomy, humans generally don't get voluntarily castrated anymore.

14. ChristianForCats

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I never said it is the full picture. Abortion just for convenience is wrong. That does not mean abortion ban laws should lack exceptions for rape and incest.

15. ChristianForCats

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    No, I meant castration.

People just don't want to be compared to cats.

16. ChristianForCats

+748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I am done with this topic if people want to describe abortion as treating babies like they are pet food.

17. parousia70

parousia70 I'm livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+2,884
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Care to elaborate?...or Is that all you got?

18. Davidnic

+10,445
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    People generally don't get voluntarily castrated the removal of the testes. They do get a vasectomy the restriction of the vas deferens.

Two distinctly different medical procedures

19. parousia70

parousia70 I'm livin' in yesterday's tomorrow Supporter

+2,884
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Ahhh... IC

Touching article, but it contains Several logical fallacies and false comparisons.
    False comparison #1
    This seems to indicate this "process" happens immaculately, with the woman producing the offspring all by herself... that it "just happens naturally".

False comparison #2
    Again, indicating the Baby just spontaneously showed up, developed solely out of the woman's body alone... no indication that the trespasser was "put there" by the actions of anyone else...

Rather a more accurate parallel would be the Violinist orchestrated (no pun intended) the abduction of the woman against her will and she woke up and fought back with lethal force, which would be totally justified.

Shall I go on?

20. Davidnic

+10,445
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I'm sorry I thought since you're engaging in this debate you would be aware of one of the top arguments. One that's been linked to already in the thread.

Unstringing the Violinist | Stand to Reason