can a person be a christian and believe paul preached a false message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And what does this have to do with Paul lying?
You have been asked on two threads your opinion as to why Jesus died on the cross.
Is such a question unreasonable to ask in your view?
For you always refuse to answer

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been chatting to someone who correctly states Christs words are all we need to be saved. But the person also believes Paul preached a false message.
Can the Holy Spirit dwell in someone( for if he does not you cannot be a christian) who believes half the books of the NT were written by someone who preached a false message

What did Paul say that isn't corroborated by Jesus?

If one doesn't believe Paul then that means they reject about 90% of Christian theology

It's true that we're saved by Christ, not by Paul's writings, but without Paul's writings, how do you know which Christ you're following?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And what does this have to do with Paul lying?
If Paul is a false apostle and Jesus let Paul pen half the New Testament, then was Jesus in error and sin because Jesus chose Paul?

How people think they can call Paul false without tearing at the fabric of the divinity of Christ is beyond me. It is most irrational.

Then add to that that the other writers of the New Testament accepted Paul, then we have to wonder if Jesus told Peter the truth that the 'gates of hades would not prevail over the church'.

Then did Hades prevail against everything? I think indirectly that is what you are saying. Than are God is not ALL POWERFUL, but can control a few things.

Upvote 0

ExodusMe

Rough around the edges
Jan 30, 2017
Washington State
✟34,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like the OP is asking if Paul's words save or can Jesus's word's alone save? In which case it is neither, because the Holy Spirit regenerates believers. It doesn't matter if you are reading words penned by Paul, quoted from Jesus, or staring at a mountainside. The Holy Spirit regenerates believers.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 24
46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
48 And you are witnesses of these things.

Notice the word 'remission'. Repentance and remission of sins were to be preached after His death. Here is what Strong's says 'remission' is -
  1. release from bondage or imprisonment
  2. forgiveness or pardon, of sins (letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty
There's your answer.
Indeed. However you did not mention the importance of this:

“Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

Why was it necessary for the Christ to suffer?

Jesus answers this:

Matthew 26: KJV

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Big Bold Red Letters.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts is very intriguing in its display of the immense barrier that the bigotry of the Hebraic Jews (for those attuned to see the issues). The Holy Spirit had to use quite crude blunt force to demonstrate conclusively to Peter that gentiles are included in salvation.

Even then, the Holy Spirit had to use even cruder blunt force (in the form of Saul of Tarsus) to force the gospel out of Jerusalem.

Even then, the Holy Spirit had to use Hellenic Jews operating out of Antioch rather than Hebraic Jews to spread the gospel beyond Jerusalem.

Even then, thirty years later, Peter had not fully separated himself from Hebraic bigotry against gentiles.
Very interesting indeed.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How people think they can call Paul false without tearing at the fabric of the divinity of Christ is beyond me. It is most irrational.
Well frankly I think that is the point. Or shall I say strategy.

It's non Christian or non orthodox theologians who put these theories up to sell books. Case in point is Bart Ehrman.

However, I've already pointed out multiple times on this thread the blood of Christ is what redeems us. I used the bold red letters each time.

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well frankly I think that is the point. Or shall I say strategy.

It's non Christian or non orthodox theologians who put these theories up to sell books. Case in point is Bart Ehrman.

However, I've already pointed out multiple times on this thread the blood of Christ is what redeems us. I used the bold red letters each time.
Thank you for the reminder.

The church is being hit hard. We must all stay the course, steadfast in the faith that saved us.

God bless you.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been chatting to someone who correctly states Christs words are all we need to be saved. But the person also believes Paul preached a false message.
Can the Holy Spirit dwell in someone( for if he does not you cannot be a christian) who believes half the books of the NT were written by someone who preached a false message

Jesus stated: "If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

I see no mention of accepting Paul as a prerequisite to obtaining the holy spirit.

Paul is not necessary to being a follower of Christ.

What garbage is this that you are inquiring of? Are we so decievied that we believe Paul to be a necessary prerequisite of being a follower of. Jesus's. No wonder the church today is so screwed up as its ignorance is so immense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-2-3_14-12-38.png