Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello. Evil Spirits/ Demons in the bible were terrified of Jesus. The last place they'll want to be is around Christians. God Bless You :)

i have mixed feelings around christians. i fear them but am drawn to them. i am weird. lol :D

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. Evil Spirits/ Demons in the bible were terrified of Jesus. The last place they'll want to be is around Christians. God Bless You :)

Actually christians are the favorite targets all the time. Since unbelievers are not their enemies, so we need to be vigilant, that the adversary is looking like a roaring etc etc..

Upvote 0

Duke of Stratford

One day at a time.
Jun 2, 2019
America
✟33,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i have mixed feelings around christians. i fear them but am drawn to them. i am weird. lol :D
Eh, sometimes there are folks who aren’t so fun to be around! We love them anyway, though. :)

Sometimes our feelings tell us things that aren’t true. Other times, we react negatively to God when we don’t understand what He’s doing. In Job and Psalms, we see people of great faith with a lot of anger and frustration toward God! But they still trust Him, and they pray for more understanding. Some of the best advice I’ve ever read: if you’re feeling negatively toward God, be honest and bring it to Him. I think that’s a great way to build trust in Him. And again, our feelings lie to us. We pray, we love, and we try to be better not to earn Christ, but because He is with us already (to paraphrase C.S. Lewis)!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually christians are the favorite targets all the time. Since unbelievers are not their enemies, so we need to be vigilant, that the adversary is looking like a roaring etc etc..

They are the enemies of all mankind, difference is believers are aware of their schemes and have been given authority over them. If you want to meet a demon go to a seance or a ouija board, don't got to a prayer meeting. If we resist the devil he will flee. Not just go away, but flee. Unbelievers on the other hand cannot resist the devil, he won't flee from them he'll stay with them, not doing them any good, because he's their enemy too. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You hate God and His people?

i actually really want to love God and His people. most of the time. but something about that feels very threatening to me.

i find people threatening. i find God threatening. still. and it makes me want to weep . because i thought i had come through all that. i was doing well. seeking therpay for my PTSD. part of a great church..... and then something diverted me. @CarlEmerson @Carl Emerson

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
not os much since i became a christian. though i do hate i suppose. God most of all, His people, most of all.

That's from the flesh, the hardness of the heart. Don't listen to that side of you, listen to the voice that says you have been crucified with Christ, and trust in God's mercy. Direct your life to the Lord. In Christ Jesus, amen!

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't necessarily have to be possessed to have an evil spirit about you. (though it does include that at it's worst stage) and this includes Christians and every stage of believer. if you want proof, just read how Jesus rebuked Peter and referenced Satan as the leading cause for what was coming out of his disciple's mouth.

In Peter's case it was before the resurrection and the Spirit of Jesus permanently indwelled believers.

He was not born again at that stage.

Born again believers cannot be possessed but can be seriously oppressed.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Peter's case it was before the resurrection and the Spirit of Jesus permanently indwelled believers.

He was not born again at that stage.

Born again believers cannot be possessed but can be seriously oppressed.

Just curious, do you think Peter was saved at that time?

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
over the course of my life especially sine being born again, i have been told i may have an antichrist spirit.

i cannot find a mention of it in the Bible? is it a made up thing?

and how can a born again Christian have this spirit? surely we are a new creation in christ

They can't, it is from a misreading of the Bible as so man evangelical pet ideas sadly

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
over the course of my life especially sine being born again, i have been told i may have an antichrist spirit.

The spirit of the anti-Christ are those who cannot accept God who came to the Earth as flesh and blood, born from a Virgin. In other words, Christ is not God but only a man without any previous existence. These are the anti-Christ, devil's children.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟145,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Antichrist in the bible is defined as someone who doesn't believe Jesus came in the flesh.

Beyond that, it can be induced from the concept of antithesis and studying what Jesus was like.
2, John 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.
1 John, 2:22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the [fn]Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
You were right in your response, I just thought the addresses would be helpful.
In Christ

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As much as any believing Jew was at the time.

Before the Cross, believers were not indwelled permanently by His presence but were saved through the cross in retrospect.

As long as we are in the flesh, the noise of the enemy may come from our lips...Spirit filled or not.

Upvote 0

Elfkind

Jul 21, 2015
Bergen
✟19,493.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

i cannot find a mention of it in the Bible? is it a made up thing?

and how can a born again Christian have this spirit? surely we are a new creation in christ
I thought at once about 1.John 2:22
"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."

There's no such thing as to have "an antichrist spirit", and if there is such a thing, surely that's not something you have to worry about, if you don't prefer a life where you one deny Christ. If you have heard someone say this, they are probably talking about the dark powers in the world that are "not flesh and blood". There's a lot of theories about all sorts of things, but to avoid the simple, very easy to understand, yet very mysterious and deeply meaningful teachings of the cross and Jesus crucified, then be aware that some teachings are heresy, and we are to be wise as snakes, not just innocent as doves. That mean skepticism, to not take for granted that all things everyone says is necessary something biblical, or even remotely related to Christianity. Not all that shine is gold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as antichrist spirit, if you are evil you have many demons.
Apparently even trolling is a form of evil, the word evil when taken in context of the bible means anything from a slight discomfort to genocide.

Since demons do not dwell in everything like God does, I'd propose it is actually the effects of sin on the creation being perceived here, not demons.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as antichrist spirit, if you are evil you have many demons.

Wrong...

1 John 4:
1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Unapologetically_Wild

Apr 13, 2020
Wautoma
✟12,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
i am just living my best life as best i can. we all are.

tolerance to others and unity in doversity are very important.

Hello there! It's nice to meet you, and thanks for being raw, open and honest about your fears and doubts. It can be quite terrifying on a forum like this. The beliefs of each individual on here are so vastly different and also formulated from each ones culture - that it offers a very wide variety of views - but also confusion. :)

I like your name. Wrapped up in His love - that is how we should all be - and if we truly are, then we will love Him and his people. Because we love Him because he FIRST loved us.

Do you believe you are loved by God - or do you feel obligated to say you believe it?
Do you try to earn his love? What is it that leads you to hate God's people? (And are they truly God's people?) When I was in Europe my experience with most common, traditional churches was that nobody there truly believed Jesus had come in the Flesh or if they did believe that - They never took the actions required to be saved. Such as placing their trust for salvation in Christ! To proclaim him Lord and be baptized as a statement of faith and obedience. Therefore they did not act like Christ, did not speak or look like Him at all and I did not hear a message of Salvation until I turned 20 years old.

So those are just some questions I have for you to ponder.
If you are sure that you are saved - then perhaps the next question is that of Sanctification. Becoming like Jesus because nobody starts out looking or acting much like Him, do we? :D
But if you feel hatred - then let the Lord search you and lead you to repent. Find his truth in the bible - pray to receive the Power of the Holy Spirit (Pentecost was Sunday! That is what happened then for the first time! Exciting - most exciting holiday I think :)) And then when you are filled with the Spirit the Fruit of the Spirit with attributes that are most desirable will start to show. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.

Also you mentioned loosing your mind - But in Christ - he promises us "Perfect love casts out all fear" and "He gave us a Spirit of Love and of a Sound mind / Self-Control".

Let me know what your thoughts are and God bless and keep you please

• Winner
Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Antichrist in the bible is defined as someone who doesn't believe Jesus came in the flesh.

Beyond that, it can be induced from the concept of antithesis and studying what Jesus was like.
Some people started out searching the Gospels for Christ. They lacked definition of the word and could not find the proper path. Others were doing good until persecution caused them to turn away from paths of righteousness. If you seek to do good and succeed, you will not have the spirit of antichrist. Christ healed people of mental illness, even later in life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.