Can A Christian Also Love and Support Science?

Shadowprophet

0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, On the net. I don't mean here. I haven't been here for a while. This is just a social study I've noticed in general. It seems many people believe Science And Christianity conflict with one another. My deal Is, I Love God, I have since I was a child. I have at times in my life prayed and those prayers were answered. I have no doubt whatsoever of Gods existence.

I am also gifted to understand a whole lot of science. The thing is. It's hard to talk about my spiritual beliefs on science boards, And it's hard to talk about my scientific beliefs on Christian boards.

Now. To each person, They will read the bible and accept what is written. I am in no way denying My thoughts on this could be mistaken as contradicting a statement in the bible. That is not my intention, At the end of the Day. I accept Gods word as a finality. Gods word is truth and my understanding could be flawed.

I will try to make the science part, short and condensed and to the point so I don't drag it out. I wanted to prove to myself That God is real. I used science to confirm this...Now some people may not agree with my points here and that's fine. I'm only saying, For me, This is the Proof I was looking for.

A quick understanding of Relativity. In science. e=mc2 Energy is equal to mass/ matter Basically, Physical matter is just a not fully understood form of energy. This is backed up by the laws of energy conservation which states, Energy can not be created nor destroyed, It may only be converted from one form to another form.

Okay. So, Our bodies are made literally from energy by this reasoning. Our thoughts. our consciousness by the scientific viewpoint run off of energy. 15 watts of bioelectricity in fact.

Now, We think, we feel, We love, We laugh, And we are conscious. This from the scientific viewpoint is all a complicated system of energy performing the Merical of life.Now from the scientific Viewpoint, Energy can not just Cease to exist. It must be converted into another form. Now to my reasoning. This Scientifically supports the Afterlife.

Next is String theory. The theory that the universe works in Ten dimensions. Some people who know science could argue eleven dimensions, But really by the tenth. Science can not conceive higher possibility. But, In string theory. You have the first three dimensions. Height width and depth. Then you get into the cool stuff. The 4th dimension is time. The fifth is a higher dimension where if a being lived there. That being could see everything and everyone at every point in time in the first four dimensions.

So, in string theory. there is Speculation of Higher Life forms, That life in these dimensions higher than us. Could explain the existence of God. I'm not saying that this is definitively what God is. I am simply saying. The Science versus Religion Debates are a polarizing topic and they don't always have to be. If people study both sides enough, they will see that science does leave room For Gods Existence. These are some of the things That Strengthen my faith and allow me to walk the path I have in life. I just wanted to share that with you guys.

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Science does not know what energy is to begin with . They don't even know how stars form because there should be ( estimated ) 6555 new stars per second and we haven't seen any so far , we only see dying stars . Math shows us that to create 1 star like they say in " big bang" you need around 19 other stars exploding near it .

Most of science nowdays is religious to be honest .

We know from science that matter in universe is about 5% , 95% is that "energy" they call it dark matter , but they still pretend like they know everything even tho 95% of our universe is not even seen lol.

Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just wanted to share that with you guys.

I'm a scientist and a Christian, so yes to the main question.

But interesting as what you say seems to be, I'm pretty sure it's not actually science.

Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a scientist and a Christian, so yes to the main question.

But interesting as what you say seems to be, I'm pretty sure it's not actually science.

Oh of course. Before something is science it has to be proven. This is more or less my hypothesis on how a God could be supported by scientific reason. Sorry about that, I should have been more clear about this...

Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Cat Loaf You.

Well, we do have an actual scientist here. So I would like to hear his or her opinion on it. In my thoughts. Energy isn't fully understood. We can't say for sure that (Dark matter) is not energy as well, In my reasoning.

in my opinion. The universe is in motion. it is chemically reacting with itself, We don't know that dark energy isn't the force that gives mass its inertia. It's all here for a reason. Science or not, What we call dark matter is a thing. So God created that to. Right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea , my personal opinion is that this world is that 5% , the outside spiritual world is 95% and God is outside of these two combined.
I see what you are saying. I ask you to consider. In string theory . We have these dimensions. In Gods word. We have these. (Dimensions-realms-places) Heaven. Hell, Earth. in my reasoning these would be higher or lower dimensions. But those are just my own views. in no way am I saying that's how it is. :)

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is more or less my hypothesis on how a God could be supported by scientific reason.

Well, first off, there are much better arguments for the existence of God (many books have been written on the subject) and you're relying on highly speculative (and quite possibly false) ideas like string theory and dark energy.

Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, first off, there are much better arguments for the existence of God (many books have been written on the subject) and you're relying on highly speculative (and quite possibly false) ideas like string theory and dark energy.
Hmm, As Christians, we are Asked to take fantastic leaps in faith. are we not? To practice faith? I ask. How Is Faith in (Theoretical-Physics any more logically flawed?) These principals while theoretical have some merit. physics is based on the Model of relativity. A still yet unproven theory. We must have faith to move forward, we will never possess all the answers, we must forge a path of hypothesis, theory and experimentation to expand on knowledge.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Christians, we are Asked to take fantastic leaps in faith. are we not?

Totally wrong, no where in the bible or in Christianity are we told to, or asked to do this.
Christianity is based on historical facts, not on man made stories.

Here is a challenge for you.
Can you, without any reference to science baed on Chrtistian principles, i.e. all historical science therories, explain how and why science works?

Newton, Farriday, Kelvin etc etc were all Christians, science does not work without the presupersition that the universe is constant and that it is reasonable/understandable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Totally wrong, no where in the bible or in Christianity are we told to, or asked to do this.
Christianity is based on historical facts, not on man made stories.

Here is a challenge for you.
Can you, without any reference to science baed on Chrtistian principles, i.e. all historical science therories, explain how and why science works?

Newton, Farriday, Kelvin etc etc were all Christians, science does not work without the presupersition that the universe is constant and that it is reasonable/understandable.
I don't think anyone understands All of science. I ask you this though. I'm not saying what happened in the bible is not Fact. I profess a Love of God and a trust in this word. But. No. From the scientific approach, Something is not Fact unless there is proof that it transpired. It Takes (Faith) To (Believe) In God. That's why it's a choice to accept him or not. (Faith) Is very important. I want to add to this. I may sound confident In my studies and to some degree I may Support my beliefs, But in no way Am I here to say what anyone believes is wrong. I am not here to deny anything written in the Bible, Or cause discord with others in any way.

For me, I am not here to Stand out, I am here to Fit in. I have no intentions of discord. I would sooner Submit and tell the other person they are correct before I did that. To argue with secular people is wrong enough. but to Discord and Argue with Gods Children. Our own... That is far worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But in no way Am I here to say what anyone believes is wrong. I am not here to deny anything written in the Bible, Or cause discord with others in any way.
A strange statement for a scientist.
Unfortunetly all views are not correct eg the view that many hold that the material is all there is, that there is no supernatural is either right and there is no God or this view is false and the supernatural exists and All atheists are wrong.

The universe is believed to have started because of the big bang, yet atheists scientists will not look at the logical facts that this means there is a supernatural first cause.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science and Christianity are not polar opposites, nor mutually exclusive. Christianity is not against science. Anyone who has believes that Christianity and Christians are against science knows little to nothing about Christianity.

The problem is that some classify science that which is not truly science.

Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A strange statement for a scientist.
Unfortunetly all views are not correct eg the view that many hold that the material is all there is, that there is no supernatural is either right and there is no God or this view is false and the supernatural exists and All atheists are wrong.

The universe is believed to have started because of the big bang, yet atheists scientists will not look at the logical facts that this means there is a supernatural first cause.
Oh no, I'm not a scientist. I hope no one thought that I Was. I have a love for science that is true and, I am quite studied. But. no. I am not a scientist. I feel to be an actual scientist, one must have some sort of degree in the field. I never finished my college courses, Even If I had though. My love for God is greater than any love I have for science. God comes first for me. I've felt him in my heart since I was a small child. I haven't taken a single step without knowing he is right there for me. I would never Deny God. The Father who would lift my fevers when I was young and Sick. God the Friend who calms my heart when I am afraid. There is nothing greater than God. Not even mans Ideas of Science. I just have a fascination with science is all.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One thing to understand is that the evolutionists actually argue from and use Christian/biblical beliefs such as logic, morality, and uniformity. They don't have a leg to stand on without it. They will never admit to it though. Here is a great article on it:
Never Assume! Challenging the Basic Assumptions of Evolutionists

Here's one for you:
In the beginning(TIME) God created the heaven(SPACE) and the earth.(MATTER)

There was a big bang, it was the voice of the living God.
Time, Space, and Matter | The Institute for Creation Research

Evolutionists and creationists have the same evidence all around us. Its how we interpret that evidence that our conclusions are based off of.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to understand is that the evolutionists actually argue from and use Christian/biblical beliefs such as logic, morality, and uniformity. They don't have a leg to stand on without it. They will never admit to it though. Here is a great article on it:
Never Assume! Challenging the Basic Assumptions of Evolutionists

Here's one for you:
In the beginning(TIME) God created the heaven(SPACE) and the earth.(MATTER)

There was a big bang, it was the voice of the living God.
Time, Space, and Matter | The Institute for Creation Research

Evolutionists and creationists have the same evidence all around us. Its how we interpret that evidence that our conclusions are based on.
I know, I do support science. My areas that I excel in are physics and theoretical astrophysics. I have never agreed with Evolution. For so many reasons. Firstly. You have to look at the source of the information on the (Non proven Theory of evolution) Charles Darwin. A man, Who had some really backward beliefs to sin in ways that would make us cringe. That's just on a social spectrum. Another reason I don't support Evolution is Genetically we are far more different to Apes than Charles Darwin could have ever imagined back in his Day. There are aspects of the Human being that suggests we aren't just thousands of years more advanced than Apes, But our cognition and motor skill and reasoning are on an entirely different Level completely. This isn't to even mention it has been genetically proven we (Humans) aren't directly descended from any known species of ape ever discovered. There is a Missing link. It is missing for a reason.

It never existed.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just have a fascination with science is all.
We are told/commanded to be ready and able to give a 'reason' for our faith/belief.

May I suggest becoming familiar with answersingenesis, evolutionnews and views, creation.com and reasonablefaith.
All will help you understand that science and Christianity go hand in hand.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I do a lot of reading, I have never read a lot of subject material from Scientists who are also Christians. I mostly studied from college books I bought online. I will do some reading. I won't be able to get to it right at this moment. But in the next day or so, I will begin reading these documents. Is it okay if I ask questions in this thread or should I pm you when the time comes?

Upvote 0