Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I too enjoy making greeting cards. I heard one lady from an art class say that she donated her paintings to a nursing home where they needed pictures to hang on the walls, becasue the wals were blank and empty, and the elderly at the home enjoyed looking at pretty pictures. I think I could paint some of the pretty scenes in my art books, there are seeral lovely landscapes I would like to paint. The problem is I get attached to the paintings I have worked hard on and do not like to give them away. My doctor has asked for a cardinal painting to hang in her office. I have several drawings I started that need dfinishing. And of course I would like to draw illustrations for my stories and novels. I enjoy sharing my art with people. I like drawing angels, Jesus pictures and Bible scenes. I recently ordered some coloring books from Dover publishing company. There is a coloring book of women of the Bible, stain class angels, and a collection of angels.

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi some great answers here.:) :hug: I became a christian while I was studying at art college. I never got my degree long story as I was on a wrong course for me. i have always wondered this question since becoming a christian I have questioned more what is the purpose of doing what Im doing.
Funny enough God has just spoken to me recently that he wants me to do something regarding my art. I have done bits but not a great deal really with it. I cant say exactly what it is, (apreciate any prayer as its going to be a real challenge!)but YES definately God can use you! I think there is so much bad stuff in the world glorifying the dark side God needs us as christians to give that alternative.To show him and his goodness. Please never feel that theres no point. GOd has given us this talent for a reason.
Hope that helps and all the best at what you are doing.God bless you:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:love Joxxx

Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

This year I've been accepted into a prestigious art school, which I'm over the moon about... but at the same time, I struggle to see how art (painting and drawing) can really glorify and serve God.
I see all my Christian friends becoming doctors, nurses, teachers... practical careers in which they can serve people and serve God. In comparison, art seems almost self-serving.
I love art so much and it's what I want to do... but how can I use it to glorify God? Would God give me a talent and a passion for something if it's not His will for me?

I really envy you, because for years the Arts has been my career of choice. If they offered you a chance to study at a school like this, then by all means take it! I know I would!

Upvote 0

godismystrength1

Forum Junkie
Apr 6, 2011
U.S.
✟15,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I recently had a dream that told me I should have followed my heart and studied art for an Art degree. I am going back to college, however I would have to change majors to art if I choose and I don't know if I can do it. It sounds competitive but I want the challenge. I also find the best way I can do art is to express hope, and that's when my creativity is the most strong.

Upvote 0

Isaiah615

Jun 20, 2013
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i know how that feels. out of my 20+ high school graduating class, i was the only one that wanted to go into a career in animation. but don't get discouraged; i've seen numerous high-quality Christian animated works, and as long as we keep trying to be the best that we can be, we can do almost anything to God's glory.

Upvote 0

Manford

Jun 20, 2013
✟7,683.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Exodus 35:30-35

Then Moses said to the people of Israel, “See, the Lord has called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah; and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, with intelligence, with knowledge, and with all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold and silver and bronze, in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, for work in every skilled craft.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bonaventure

Religious Dialogue
Jul 27, 2013
✟7,696.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sure it can, more or less every job can be fulfilled by the service to God. If you make great art for God, than you can do this. There is no list of jobs being for or against God. Even a priest can be against God, if he prays against him or whatever :) Keep going. GReat idea, art for God

Upvote 0
B

BlueLioness

This year I've been accepted into a prestigious art school, which I'm over the moon about... but at the same time, I struggle to see how art (painting and drawing) can really glorify and serve God.
I see all my Christian friends becoming doctors, nurses, teachers... practical careers in which they can serve people and serve God. In comparison, art seems almost self-serving.
I love art so much and it's what I want to do... but how can I use it to glorify God? Would God give me a talent and a passion for something if it's not His will for me?

I am so jealous. For years I was obsessed with the arts (painting, acting, stage-crafts, crafts, anything artsy) and it seemed to be too good to be true if I would one day work in the arts. If this opportunity was given to me I'd take it hands-down!

Upvote 0

Sailor Kenshin

More coffee!
May 14, 2012
Visit site
✟7,718.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Of course art can glorify God. Just look at all the magnificent paintings, drawings, sculpture and stained glass depicting Biblical events.

Such work will speak even to those who can't read.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

boogalaboogala

there are many artists that glorify God with their work..
i mean, God wants you to be passionate in whatever you decide to work at.. worry about getting the training behind you first, and then leave the glorifying God part to the only one that can bring glory to Him.. and that's Himself.. He will use you.. if you want to be used.. no doubt about that..
i want to add that i have few old buddies that have gone on to become well, doctors and lawyers, and businessmen..
i can honestly say that i know alot of big money types.. even some billionaires.. and i don't know of to many that would stop to help out a soul.. much less even consider bringing glory to God..
so, just do what you are passionate about.. God will use you..
can i suggest that you listen to jonathan maxwell on youtube..
he has great christian advice..

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi Ms LivetoLove:

There is plenty of work in Christian literature in graphic design, where artistic skills are necessary. If you eventually go into teaching, the ability to draw and make things is a big advantage. Many Christians have faith based tattoos given them by tattoo artists; this is another line of work that is popular for those with skills. If you have a flair for something, it seems to me that it's good to try to pursue it rather than always opt for number crunching, especially if working all day with numbers just isn't 'you'.

Blessings.

Upvote 0