United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Company Uses Cells From Abortions to Test Artificial Flavors

A pro-life group that monitors the use of cells from babies victimized by abortions is today highlighting a biotech company, Senomyx, which it says produces artificial flavor enhancers using aborted fetal cell lines to test their products.

The group Children of God for Life is calling for a public boycott of major food companies partnering with Senomyx.

Debi Vinnedge, the director of the pro-life organization, tells LifeNews.com today that, in 2010, her group wrote to Senomyx CEO Kent Snyder and pointed out that moral options for testing their food additives could and should be used. But when Senomyx ignored her letter, the group wrote to the companies Senomyx listed on their website as “collaborators” warning them of public backlash and threatened boycott. They included food giants PepsiCo, Kraft Foods, Campbell Soup, Solae and Nestlé. (See update below.)

“The company’s key flavor programs focus on the discovery and development of savory, sweet and salt flavor ingredients that are intended to allow for the reduction of MSG, sugar and salt in food and beverage products,” the Senomyx web site says. “Using isolated human taste receptors, we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

Vinnedge says a boycott is important because the collaborating companies provide Senomyx with research and development funding plus royalties on sales of products using their flavor ingredients.

“What they don’t tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 – human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,” she said. “They could have easily chosen animal, insect, or other morally obtained human cells expressing the G protein for taste receptors.”

Vinnedge says she has contacted the food companies working with Senomyx, but said it took three letters before one company, Nestlé, finally admitted its relationship with Senomyx and company officials claimed the line of cells from abortions was “well established in scientific research”.

Both PepsiCo and Campbell Soup also responded.

Continued- http://www.lifenews.com/2011/03/29/company-uses-fetal-cells-from-abortions-for-artificial-flavors/

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Artificial flavors are toxic and disgusting. They are synthetic and produced in a chemistry lab - they are everywhere - drinks, yogurts, candy and all that junk stuff parents give to their kids. But I had no idea that some companies actually used aborted fetal cells! Wow. That just makes even more worse!

By the way - be leery about "natural flavors." Companies do not have to disclose what exactly a "natural flavor" is. Sometimes its msg or an artificial flavor disguised to "taste like something natural" - hence, the name "natural flavor." Anything with the word "flavor" should be suspect like, "lemon flavor" (why not use lemon juice?), or "chicken flavor" (why not use chicken broth?). They are synthetic flavors created to emulate the real thing.

And that smokey flavor in your fast food burger is actually an artificial flavor. Its not real. We live in a frankenfood world.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Artificial flavors are toxic and disgusting. They are synthetic and produced in a chemistry lab - they are everywhere - drinks, yogurts, candy and all that junk stuff parents give to their kids. But I had no idea that some companies actually used aborted fetal cells! Wow. That just makes even more worse!

By the way - be leery about "natural flavors." Companies do not have to disclose what exactly a "natural flavor" is. Sometimes its msg or an artificial flavor disguised to "taste like something natural" - hence, the name "natural flavor." Anything with the word "flavor" should be suspect like, "lemon flavor" (why not use lemon juice?), or "chicken flavor" (why not use chicken broth?). They are synthetic flavors created to emulate the real thing.

And that smokey flavor in your fast food burger is actually an artificial flavor. Its not real. We live in a frankenfood world.

I know. It's depressing.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Eww so what am I supposed to do? Not buy anything?

Well at least not Pepsi...this is only one of their issues. They are one of the largest corporate supporters of Planned Parenthood.

Boycotts are tricky. They hurt the workers and JPII has some advice on them and was not a huge fan. But there are times when they are useful.

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well at least not Pepsi...this is only one of their issues. They are one of the largest corporate supporters of Planned Parenthood.

Boycotts are tricky. They hurt the workers and JPII has some advice on them and was not a huge fan. But there are times when they are useful.

Never knew that about Pepsi.

looks like you have to buy the updated list of PP corporate supporters. http://www.fightpp.org/

apparently the reason why you cannot get a updated list is because PP supporters mass mailed the company(when they were free) for free pamphlets which nearly bankrupted them. Most I could find was:

The latest list includes AOL, Kohl’s department stores, Mrs. Fields cookies, Staples, Toys “R” Us, ING financial services and Trader Joe’s. A number of hotel and restaurant franchises are also on the list such as Darden Restaurants (which owns Bahama Breeze, The Capital Grille, LongHorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Season 52) and Hilton Worldwide (which owns Conrad Hotels, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inns/Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Hotels and Homewood Suites).

The Gap, Freddie Mac (which provides government-sponsored secondary mortgages), Time Warner, Nike, Nationwide Insurance, Walt Disney, Wells Fargo (including Wachovia Bank) and Johnson & Johnson are among the entities that have returned to the list.

The new Boycott List also includes a “Dishonorable Mention” section, which identifies charitable groups that are associated with Planned Parenthood and/or its agenda. Groups named in this section include Lions Clubs, the American Cancer Society, Easter Seals, Boys & Girls Clubs, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Camp Fire, Girls Inc., Girl Scouts, Kiwanis Clubs, March of Dimes, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Rotary Clubs, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Salvation Army, YWCA, America Gives Back (formerly [American] Idol Gives Back), and YMCA, among others.

AlphaGraphics, Wells Fargo (including Wachovia), Nike, Time Warner, Bank of America, Walt Disney, Johnson & Johnson, Lost Arrow (Patagonia, etc.), Chevron, and Nationwide Insurance are among the other companies included in the boycott list again.

Other new Planned parenthood-supporting companies to make the list include ING financial services, Kohl’s department stores, Mrs. Fields cookies, Staples office supply stores, Toys "R" Us, and Trader Joe’s markets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I don't like Pepsi anyways. I think Pepsi and Pepsi products....well as far as soda goes are kinda yuck.
Never knew that about Pepsi.

looks like you have to buy the updated list of PP corporate supporters. Life Decisions International

apparently the reason why you cannot get a updated list is because PP supporters mass mailed the company(when they were free) for free pamphlets which nearly bankrupted them. Most I could find was:

The latest list includes AOL, Kohl’s department stores, Mrs. Fields cookies, Staples, Toys “R” Us, ING financial services and Trader Joe’s. A number of hotel and restaurant franchises are also on the list such as Darden Restaurants (which owns Bahama Breeze, The Capital Grille, LongHorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Season 52) and Hilton Worldwide (which owns Conrad Hotels, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inns/Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Hotels and Homewood Suites).

The Gap, Freddie Mac (which provides government-sponsored secondary mortgages), Time Warner, Nike, Nationwide Insurance, Walt Disney, Wells Fargo (including Wachovia Bank) and Johnson & Johnson are among the entities that have returned to the list.

The new Boycott List also includes a “Dishonorable Mention” section, which identifies charitable groups that are associated with Planned Parenthood and/or its agenda. Groups named in this section include Lions Clubs, the American Cancer Society, Easter Seals, Boys & Girls Clubs, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Camp Fire, Girls Inc., Girl Scouts, Kiwanis Clubs, March of Dimes, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Rotary Clubs, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Salvation Army, YWCA, America Gives Back (formerly [American] Idol Gives Back), and YMCA, among others.

AlphaGraphics, Wells Fargo (including Wachovia), Nike, Time Warner, Bank of America, Walt Disney, Johnson & Johnson, Lost Arrow (Patagonia, etc.), Chevron, and Nationwide Insurance are among the other companies included in the boycott list again.

Other new Planned parenthood-supporting companies to make the list include ING financial services, Kohl’s department stores, Mrs. Fields cookies, Staples office supply stores, Toys "R" Us, and Trader Joe’s markets.

I can't shop anywhere :( I am a Chase customer. I opened up an account with them so I wouldn't have to shove my dollars in mattresses and socks. :( So....all of these charitable organizations that help preemie babies, cancer patients, ill children, that clothe the poor and feed the hungry are also funding planned parenthood and therefore should no longer be donated to?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well I think I have to eat but my hunger doesn't trump the issue of abortion so confused. Its their sin on one hand but then its our dollars helping them support the culture of death. Its really crummy. Do y'all really boycott these companies?

Have pro-lifers ever considered a long hunger protest or fasting protest? I don't know who ALL to boycott. I shop generic foods which I'm sure test the same way...or use aborted fetal cells. I wouldn't doubt Wal Mart (where I grocery shop) is a big supporter of planned parenthood.

And March of Dimes? They care about saving preemies but support the slaughter of preemies who weren't wanted? I mean wouldn't you consider a late term abortion the slaughter of a preemie?!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pepsi, Kraft, Solae and Nestle Is People...

In a scene right out of Soylent Green, we discover that these shining examples of EvilCorp Evil are actually partnering with UberEvilCorp Senomyx in using cells from aborted fetuses for testing their artificial flavors.

Okay, technically you are not *ingesting* the cannibalized remains of a human being, but with each mouthful you are still helping with the cannibalization of aborted babies so that several giant soulless corporations can make money off their deaths.

UberEvilCorp Senomyx is not, of course, interested in things like common decency threatening their cash cow. And companies like Nestle, fresh from a long history of protests over their inhuman contempt for human life in the pursuit of profit so far seem to be bent on continuing their worship of Mammon and adding to it the worship of Moloch.

But at least one company, Campbell’s Soup, has responded to the outcry over this Brave New World use of baby parts and severed its ties with UberEvilCorp Senomyx and their brutal capitalist industry of human sacrifice.

If you want to make your, shall we say ... distaste ... known to the other parties involved in this grisly and monstrous wickedness, here’s how:

Kent Snyder, CEO
Senomyx
4767 Nexus Centre Drive
San Diego, California 92121

Edmund M. Carpenter, CEO

Campbell Soup
1 Campbell Place
Camden, NJ 08103-1701

Paul Bulcke, CEO

Nestlé USA
800 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203