1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Campbell Soup severs ties with company using aborted fetal cells

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Michie

Michie Standing by the Ukraine. Supporter

+47,573
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Company Uses Cells From Abortions to Test Artificial Flavors

A pro-life group that monitors the use of cells from babies victimized by abortions is today highlighting a biotech company, Senomyx, which it says produces artificial flavor enhancers using aborted fetal cell lines to test their products.

The group Children of God for Life is calling for a public boycott of major food companies partnering with Senomyx.

Debi Vinnedge, the director of the pro-life organization, tells LifeNews.com today that, in 2010, her group wrote to Senomyx CEO Kent Snyder and pointed out that moral options for testing their food additives could and should be used. But when Senomyx ignored her letter, the group wrote to the companies Senomyx listed on their website as “collaborators” warning them of public backlash and threatened boycott. They included food giants PepsiCo, Kraft Foods, Campbell Soup, Solae and Nestlé. (See update below.)

Continued- http://www.lifenews.com/2011/03/29/company-uses-fetal-cells-from-abortions-for-artificial-flavors/

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Winter

Winter Jesus, let it be ok

+654
    Catholic
    Married
    Artificial flavors are toxic and disgusting. They are synthetic and produced in a chemistry lab - they are everywhere - drinks, yogurts, candy and all that junk stuff parents give to their kids. But I had no idea that some companies actually used aborted fetal cells! Wow. That just makes even more worse!

By the way - be leery about "natural flavors." Companies do not have to disclose what exactly a "natural flavor" is. Sometimes its msg or an artificial flavor disguised to "taste like something natural" - hence, the name "natural flavor." Anything with the word "flavor" should be suspect like, "lemon flavor" (why not use lemon juice?), or "chicken flavor" (why not use chicken broth?). They are synthetic flavors created to emulate the real thing.

And that smokey flavor in your fast food burger is actually an artificial flavor. Its not real. We live in a frankenfood world.

3. Michie

+47,573
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I know. It's depressing.

4. Michie

+47,573
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  5. CruciFixed

CruciFixed Well-Known Member

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    Eww so what am I supposed to do? Not buy anything?

6. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,815
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    I'm not really wanting to eat that Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup anymore:|

7. StThomasMore

StThomasMore Christian Democrat

+90
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't think they put them in the soup. It some enzyme they use to test it.

Either way it is reprehensible. Even the big corporate groups like Kraft see how hideous it is.

8. Davidnic

Davidnic Well-Known Member Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+11,222
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Well at least not Pepsi...this is only one of their issues. They are one of the largest corporate supporters of Planned Parenthood.

Boycotts are tricky. They hurt the workers and JPII has some advice on them and was not a huge fan. But there are times when they are useful.

9. StThomasMore

+90
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat

Never knew that about Pepsi.

looks like you have to buy the updated list of PP corporate supporters. http://www.fightpp.org/

apparently the reason why you cannot get a updated list is because PP supporters mass mailed the company(when they were free) for free pamphlets which nearly bankrupted them. Most I could find was:

The latest list includes AOL, Kohl’s department stores, Mrs. Fields cookies, Staples, Toys “R” Us, ING financial services and Trader Joe’s. A number of hotel and restaurant franchises are also on the list such as Darden Restaurants (which owns Bahama Breeze, The Capital Grille, LongHorn Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Season 52) and Hilton Worldwide (which owns Conrad Hotels, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inns/Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Hotels and Homewood Suites).

The Gap, Freddie Mac (which provides government-sponsored secondary mortgages), Time Warner, Nike, Nationwide Insurance, Walt Disney, Wells Fargo (including Wachovia Bank) and Johnson & Johnson are among the entities that have returned to the list.

The new Boycott List also includes a “Dishonorable Mention” section, which identifies charitable groups that are associated with Planned Parenthood and/or its agenda. Groups named in this section include Lions Clubs, the American Cancer Society, Easter Seals, Boys & Girls Clubs, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Camp Fire, Girls Inc., Girl Scouts, Kiwanis Clubs, March of Dimes, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Rotary Clubs, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Salvation Army, YWCA, America Gives Back (formerly [American] Idol Gives Back), and YMCA, among others.

AlphaGraphics, Wells Fargo (including Wachovia), Nike, Time Warner, Bank of America, Walt Disney, Johnson & Johnson, Lost Arrow (Patagonia, etc.), Chevron, and Nationwide Insurance are among the other companies included in the boycott list again.

Other new Planned parenthood-supporting companies to make the list include ING financial services, Kohl’s department stores, Mrs. Fields cookies, Staples office supply stores, Toys "R" Us, and Trader Joe’s markets.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  10. Michie

+47,573
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I heard there were a few on that list that dropped off. Red Lobster being one if I remember correctly.

11. CruciFixed

+330
    Catholic
    Married

I don't like Pepsi anyways. I think Pepsi and Pepsi products....well as far as soda goes are kinda yuck.
    I can't shop anywhere :( I am a Chase customer. I opened up an account with them so I wouldn't have to shove my dollars in mattresses and socks. :( So....all of these charitable organizations that help preemie babies, cancer patients, ill children, that clothe the poor and feed the hungry are also funding planned parenthood and therefore should no longer be donated to?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  12. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,815
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    I don't know how much we can help where we shop anymore. :| Sometimes I tell myself that at the end of the day, it is THEIR sin and there is ONLY so much I can do :(

13. CruciFixed

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    For real just about every large corporation funds abortions. What are we supposed to do?

14. StThomasMore

+90
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat

really shows the state of our world, doesn't it.

15. Michie

+47,573
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sadly, yes.

16. CruciFixed

+330
    Catholic
    Married
    Well I think I have to eat but my hunger doesn't trump the issue of abortion so confused. Its their sin on one hand but then its our dollars helping them support the culture of death. Its really crummy. Do y'all really boycott these companies?

Have pro-lifers ever considered a long hunger protest or fasting protest? I don't know who ALL to boycott. I shop generic foods which I'm sure test the same way...or use aborted fetal cells. I wouldn't doubt Wal Mart (where I grocery shop) is a big supporter of planned parenthood.

And March of Dimes? They care about saving preemies but support the slaughter of preemies who weren't wanted? I mean wouldn't you consider a late term abortion the slaughter of a preemie?!

17. Michie

+47,573
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Pepsi, Kraft, Solae and Nestle Is People...

In a scene right out of Soylent Green, we discover that these shining examples of EvilCorp Evil are actually partnering with UberEvilCorp Senomyx in using cells from aborted fetuses for testing their artificial flavors.

Okay, technically you are not *ingesting* the cannibalized remains of a human being, but with each mouthful you are still helping with the cannibalization of aborted babies so that several giant soulless corporations can make money off their deaths.

UberEvilCorp Senomyx is not, of course, interested in things like common decency threatening their cash cow. And companies like Nestle, fresh from a long history of protests over their inhuman contempt for human life in the pursuit of profit so far seem to be bent on continuing their worship of Mammon and adding to it the worship of Moloch.

But at least one company, Campbell’s Soup, has responded to the outcry over this Brave New World use of baby parts and severed its ties with UberEvilCorp Senomyx and their brutal capitalist industry of human sacrifice.

If you want to make your, shall we say ... distaste ... known to the other parties involved in this grisly and monstrous wickedness, here’s how:

Kent Snyder, CEO
    Senomyx
    4767 Nexus Centre Drive
    San Diego, California 92121

Edmund M. Carpenter, CEO

Campbell Soup
    1 Campbell Place
    Camden, NJ 08103-1701

Paul Bulcke, CEO

Nestlé USA
    800 North Brand Boulevard
    Glendale, CA 91203