Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Some Israeli archeologists are questioning the Bible based on carbon dating of camel bones found in the region. Old Testament stories peg use of domesticated camels between 2000-1500BC, but these guys say the bones only date it to 900BC.

I think this is another issue where these guys are arriving at the wrong conclusion based on limited evidence without looking at other available resources. People have claimed the domestication of camels in the region dates back to 3000BC or earlier. 3000 BC rock art evidence has been found for the existence of wild One-humped camel in Central Arabia and there are reports on the presence of domestic dromedaries 3200 – 3000 BC in Egypt and Mesopotamia, and 2600 BC in Libya. It's reasonable for me to conclude based on this that domesticated camels would be in the area of Israel around 2000BC.

Camel bones suggest error in Bible, archaeologists say | Fox News

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This sounds to me like the idiots from 100 years ago that said Troy did not exist because it had not been found. It has been found now.

On this one I have to also wonder just what the difference in the bones of domesticated camels vrs. wild camels would be.

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A little research shows that camels are actually used for many things. No wonder they aren't finding any old camel remains (LOL)
- People drink Camel milk and make cheese from it.
- Camel meat can be tough but is eaten by some people.
- Fat from the hump is used in cooking
- Camel wool is used for blankets and clothing
- Camel skin is used in leather for shoes, bags, and saddles.
- Dried Camel bone can be carved like ivory for jewellery or utensils or used for inlay on furniture
- Camel droppings are dried and used for fuel.

Upvote 0