Los Angeles Area
✟820,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Revealed: Trump campaign strategy to deter millions of Black Americans from voting in 2016

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

It reveals that 3.5 million Black Americans were categorised by Donald Trump’s campaign as ‘Deterrence’ – voters they wanted to stay home on election day.

Analysis by Channel 4 News shows Black Americans – historically a community targeted with voter suppression tactics – were disproportionately marked ‘Deterrence’ by the 2016 campaign.

The Trump campaign itself has categorically stated that it did not target African Americans.

Brad Parscale, the campaign’s 2016 digital director told PBS Frontline: “I would say I’m nearly 100 percent sure we did not run any campaigns that targeted even African Americans.”

But Channel 4 News has uncovered evidence that the campaign did target Black voters with negative ads designed to crush Hillary Clinton’s turnout.

These included videos featuring Hillary Clinton referring to Black youths as “super predators” which aired on television 402 times in October 2016 and received millions of views on Facebook.

In one confidential document seen by Channel 4 News, Cambridge Analytica admitted the Trump campaign did target “AA” (African Americans) with what it called the “Predators video” – spending $55,000 USD in the state of Georgia alone.

And

Religious data platform 'targets mentally ill, vulnerable people'

A new film reveals how Cambridge Analytica, collaborating with a software company, has created a platform for US churches that targets the poor, the addicted and the disabled — to radicalize them for far-right politics.

For their documentary People You May Know, Charles Kriel, special adviser to the UK Parliament on disinformation, and filmmaker Katharina Gellein traveled across the United States accompanied by a team of journalists and whistleblowers. Their film reveals the political connection between religious fundamentalists, oligarchs and Cambridge Analytica and its shell companies, which have fundamentally shifted the balance of politics in the United States.

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟242,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters...

Every political campaign uses micro-advertising in the 21st century. This isn't a real story. It's propaganda.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Every political campaign uses micro-advertising in the 21st century.

"The Trump campaign itself has categorically stated that it did not target African Americans."

Having the receipts that show they were lying is news.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟242,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"The Trump campaign itself has categorically stated that it did not target African Americans."

Having the receipts that show they were lying is news.

1. They didn't state that, though they did state that they were nearly certain.
2. Where are the receipts?

I don't have any independent reasons to doubt this story, and it likely is true, but the idea that these news companies can just make claims without any proof whatsoever is utter silliness in the age of fake news. In a few years this sort of story will be completely ignored. You can't make claims without producing the evidence.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Revealed: Trump campaign strategy to deter millions of Black Americans from voting in 2016

Channel 4 News has exclusively obtained a vast cache of data used by Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign on almost 200 million American voters.

It reveals that 3.5 million Black Americans were categorised by Donald Trump’s campaign as ‘Deterrence’ – voters they wanted to stay home on election day.

Analysis by Channel 4 News shows Black Americans – historically a community targeted with voter suppression tactics – were disproportionately marked ‘Deterrence’ by the 2016 campaign.

The Trump campaign itself has categorically stated that it did not target African Americans.

Brad Parscale, the campaign’s 2016 digital director told PBS Frontline: “I would say I’m nearly 100 percent sure we did not run any campaigns that targeted even African Americans.”

But Channel 4 News has uncovered evidence that the campaign did target Black voters with negative ads designed to crush Hillary Clinton’s turnout.

These included videos featuring Hillary Clinton referring to Black youths as “super predators” which aired on television 402 times in October 2016 and received millions of views on Facebook.

In one confidential document seen by Channel 4 News, Cambridge Analytica admitted the Trump campaign did target “AA” (African Americans) with what it called the “Predators video” – spending $55,000 USD in the state of Georgia alone.

And

Religious data platform 'targets mentally ill, vulnerable people'

A new film reveals how Cambridge Analytica, collaborating with a software company, has created a platform for US churches that targets the poor, the addicted and the disabled — to radicalize them for far-right politics.

For their documentary People You May Know, Charles Kriel, special adviser to the UK Parliament on disinformation, and filmmaker Katharina Gellein traveled across the United States accompanied by a team of journalists and whistleblowers. Their film reveals the political connection between religious fundamentalists, oligarchs and Cambridge Analytica and its shell companies, which have fundamentally shifted the balance of politics in the United States.

These kinds of churches are involved in a racket that is about power and manipulation.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
"people who don't go to church aren't Republcan"

I know at least 200-300 Republicans personally and only a handfull of them go to church.

I think it depends on what you meant by "don't go to church". Religious nones and non-Christians tend to vote Democrat overwhelmingly (about 80 percent or more). Whites who are nominally Christian but religiously uninvolved tend to vote Republican, on the other hand.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Nothing surprising here - legislators in my state bragged about suppressing minority votes in 2016 :The North Carolina GOP just bragged about how few black people were able to vote early

• Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

....those who are vulnerable to manipulation.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
That's eye opening stuff, and unfortunately only confirms my fears about how compromised many Christian churches are in the US. Many are now simply radicalization centers for an emerging veritable "Republic of Gilead".

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
1. They didn't state that, though they did state that they were nearly certain.
2. Where are the receipts?

I don't have any independent reasons to doubt this story, and it likely is true, but the idea that these news companies can just make claims without any proof whatsoever is utter silliness in the age of fake news. In a few years this sort of story will be completely ignored. You can't make claims without producing the evidence.
In the coming years historians, investigative journalists and biographers will be going over most of these stories with a fine tooth comb. I'm guessing history will have it's say about whether all of these news stories are fake or not.

Given trump's history of corruption and crime, I wouldn't be too confident if I were you.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Every political campaign uses micro-advertising in the 21st century. This isn't a real story. It's propaganda.

Watch the film. It goes far deeper than simply micro-advertising. It's a coordinated plan to manipulate America's troubled society, preying on the psychological vulnerabilities of individual Americans, into electoral victories for a minority political party- using churches as the instrument of radicalization.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it depends on what you meant by "don't go to church". Religious nones and non-Christians tend to vote Democrat overwhelmingly (about 80 percent or more). Whites who are nominally Christian but religiously uninvolved tend to vote Republican, on the other hand.
'don't go to church..." was a quote from the article, which I don't find to be true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums