-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Calvinist emphasis on God's predestination that sometime make me feel that these Christian defined love in their own way. Can they go around and say to people "Jesus love you"? I'm not a calvinist, I won't say the Father damned those who God didn't predetermined to be saved, I affirm Jesus died for all and desire all to be saved, those who rejected the gospel go to hell. So by my conscience I can Jesus love the sinners. But for Calvinist they would say God hate sin and the sinners. So what is love to calvinist? Does God love only the elect? So God's love is limited in that sense?

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Calvinist emphasis on God's predestination that sometime make me feel that these Christian defined love in their own way. Can they go around and say to people "Jesus love you"? I'm not a calvinist, I won't say the Father damned those who God didn't predetermined to be saved, I affirm Jesus died for all and desire all to be saved, those who rejected the gospel go to hell. So by my conscience I can Jesus love the sinners. But for Calvinist they would say God hate sin and the sinners. So what is love to calvinist? Does God love only the elect? So God's love is limited in that sense?
I wonder where you got your information?
Gods love is limitless.
There is a famous Calvinist here. His name is hammster. Why don't you take it to the hammsters mouth, so to speak, lol. Pm him.
God bless!

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately many of the Calvinists I know both in person and online are prickly about discussing these issues, @Jesusthekingofking.

Can they go around and say to people "Jesus love you"?

The Calvinist could say “Jesus loves you,” but only by using 2 different meanings for love.

Christians are given the salvation love because Christ died for them, electing love, everyone else isn’t loved in that way.

Other people who Christ didn’t die to save receive the temporal blessings, where God let’s them have rain for their gardens and food for their bellies, then he damns them forever without hope or mercy.

To the Calvinist both of these things are love, but he won’t always explain that. He may look the unbeliever sweetly in the eye and say “of course Jesus loves you...” But that’s as far as the explanation goes.

If the unbeliever responds positively, then they might be a recipient of that electing love, we will know if she perseveres until the end.

If they respond negatively, God still gives them rain and food, and then later hell, because she has no sacrifice or mediator to save her, she never did.

“what does it profit a man if he gains the entire world, but loses his soul?”

• Informative
Reactions: chad kincham
Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately many of the Calvinists I know both in person and online are prickly about discussing these issues, @Jesusthekingofking.

The Calvinist could say “Jesus loves you,” but only by using 2 different meanings for love.

Christians are given the salvation love because Christ died for them, electing love, everyone else isn’t loved in that way.

Other people who Christ didn’t die to save receive the temporal blessings, where God let’s them have rain for their gardens and food for their bellies, then he damns them forever without hope or mercy.

To the Calvinist both of these things are love, but he won’t always explain that. He may look the unbeliever sweetly in the eye and say “of course Jesus loves you...” But that’s as far as the explanation goes.

If the unbeliever responds positively, then they might be a recipient of that electing love, we will know if she perseveres until the end.

If they respond negatively, God still gives them rain and food, and then later hell, because she has no sacrifice or mediator to save her, she never did.

“what does it profit a man if he gains the entire world, but loses his soul?”
“what does it profit a man if he gains the entire world, but loses his soul?” <-- this quote has been missed quoted, this is Jesus's warning for those who love the earthly world than the heaven.

Well I can't be calvinist, it seems like everything has been determined since the foundation of the world.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There is a famous Calvinist here. His name is hammster.

Don’t bother, @Jesusthekingofking. I’ve discussed with hammer before, :holy: there’s nothing famous about his defence and (God love him) he abandoned our conversation without replies to the content of my posts. His views are classic Calvinism and can be read everywhere.

The opening post is argued for by believing Calvinists.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don’t bother, @Jesusthekingofking. I’ve discussed with hammer before, :holy: there’s nothing famous about his defence and (God love him) he abandoned our conversation without replies to the content of my posts. His views are classic Calvinism and can be read everywhere.

I would challenge calvinist go before calvin and augustine, see how the church fathers read the bible. if the early christians aren't calvinist then something is wrong with some Calvinistic doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
this is Jesus's warning for those who love the earthly world than the heaven.

I’m not saying it’s a quote about Calvinism, I’m saying what good does it do if a person under Calvinism received every material blessing but then lost his soul. It’s difficult to call that love.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I've seen his person change, maybe it is a spiritual change also. Will you not give a person 70x70 chances to change? I wasn't speaking of his defense when I said he was famous.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I do not like labels. My Bible says that "God so loved the world........." Same as the Calvinist Bible. My Bible says that God is not willing that any should perish. Funny, the Calvinist Bible says the same thing. No one but God knows who will accept Christ. So I believe in predestination but I will not discriminate as to who I witness to. The hyper-Calvinist (a rare breed now) does not bother to preach because they think that God will save the person anyway. My Bible commands Christians to preach the gospel, whatever the result. The result is God's business. Our business is to obey.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've seen his person change, maybe it is a spiritual change also. Will you not give a person 70x70 chances to change?

70x70 chances to forgive? Sure, I mean, I’ll tease “hammer” but he’s nice and friendly and will make himself available for discussion of course. He’s not a bad guy, but he’s not going to provide a good answer (in my experience.) Good guys provide bad answers all the time.

Try this question on for size....

Under some forms of Calvinism, Jesus didn’t die for everyone.

Does God love the people he didn’t die for?

• Useful
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
“what does it profit a man if he gains the entire world, but loses his soul?” <-- this quote has been missed quoted, this is Jesus's warning for those who love the earthly world than the heaven.

Well I can't be calvinist, it seems like everything has been determined since the foundation of the world.
No one is asking you to be a Calvinist. It is your right to choose your belief. Its my right not to be a Catholic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
70x70 chances to forgive? Sure, I mean, I’ll tease “hammer” but he’s nice and friendly and will make himself available for discussion of course. He’s not a bad guy, but he’s not going to provide a good answer (in my experience.) Good guys provide bad answers all the time.

Try this question on for size....

Under some forms of Calvinism, Jesus didn’t die for everyone.

Does God love the people he didn’t die for?
I think you can look at any doctrine and find something you disagree with, aye?
We won't know which was the right one til we die.
Even so, bless your heart.:)

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think you can any doctrine and find something you disagree with, aye?

Well the deeper we know a topic, the more opportunity we have to disagree.

More propositions = more chances to pick a different answer from each other.

Still, my question. :D

If the Father doesn’t give His Son as a sacrifice for a persons sin, does He love that person??? In your opinion.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God loves everyone until he doesn't.

Oh man :tearsofjoy: That’s a stone cold killer reply, could break a mans heart like that. God loves you...until he doesn’t.

EDIT: imagine marrying a man or woman like that. I’d be terrified! :fearful: Married to the black widow and she can unlove me at any time.

Upvote 0