Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi after Chuck Smith passed and Brian took over at Costa Mesa things in many Calvary's are a bit different and I attend Calvary San Jose with Mike McClure as head pastor. When covid came on we shut down and went on line for two weeks then set up in the parking lot for about 3 weeks then we just opened up with no distancing or masks. Now a few other prominent Calvary Chapels and others such as John Macarthurs church stayed open while other like Brian Bodersen in Costa Mesa did everything exactly like Governor Newsome mandated.

Now none of the churches that stayed open had a super spreader event and in our case about a year before the pandemic the LORD was sending volunteers from other states to restore our aged and falling apart facility. When we reopened we the scorn of the city and nationally ridiculed and fined. Our pastor was brought before judges and magistrates and able to share the gospel at these platforms and indeed this fight is going all the way to the supreme court. Now in this year of disobedience to government and obedience to the scripture to continue to assemble together we went from one service that was less than half full to two services that are almost overflowing and many many new believers getting saved. Then I hear from friends in Costa Mesa that Calvary there had just laid off over 100 staff members.

Pastor Brian noted that he was going to de-emphasize prophecy and the OT and our church has increased the focus on where we are at as to near the rapture and a fear and readiness like was at Costa Mesa in the 80's has been the result. I am not sure what each church did but I think Chuck would have stayed open and if the whole organization had done so we might have seen others have the courage to say no. The vaccines are just the 1st step of the global reset and soon it will be obvious that there is no return to normal. I pray as a group more will have the courage and wisdom to do what it takes to keep the church rolling even if it is house churches underground. Which position is more like the book of acts defying the lockdowns or submitting to the magistrates?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nice thread! On your last question been thinking about that myself. There really has been Slippery Slope / Camel's nose in the tent problem as far as complying with the government, where the bar gets constantly moved and religions freedoms continue to be suppressed, infringed upon etc. I actually think we are on the verge of needing Christian Civil Disobedience for our various rights (if things don't change now that people are getting vaccinated).

Also on the general topic, I've been really keeping a close eye on Canadian/Polish pastor Artur Pawloski and really like this sermon a lot. Plus all his other speaking out on this topic. By the way folks, he got arrested yesterday again (for the 11th time).

PS - I have noticed other ministers mention how not staying open has worked out well, Church attendance is way up, reaching people who have never been reached etc. So I actually think this is the point of view Christians should take away from this, especially if you believe in things like the Gift of Healing and present day work of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟213,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nice thread! On your last question been thinking about that myself. There really has been Slippery Slope / Camel's nose in the tent problem as far as complying with the government, where the bar gets constantly moved and religions freedoms continue to be suppressed, infringed upon etc. I actually think we are on the verge of needing Christian Civil Disobedience for our various rights (if things don't change now that people are getting vaccinated).

Also on the general topic, I've been really keeping a close eye on Canadian/Polish pastor Artur Pawloski and really like this sermon a lot. Plus all his other speaking out on this topic. By the way folks, he got arrested yesterday again (for the 11th time).

PS - I have noticed other ministers mention how not staying open has worked out well, Church attendance is way up, reaching people who have never been reached etc. So I actually think this is the point of view Christians should take away from this, especially if you believe in things like the Gift of Healing and present day work of the Holy Spirit.
i watched the video and have great respect for this Canadian brother who is taking a stance. God bless him and may many be joined to this just cause.

Upvote 0