• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Calling all prayer intercessors - major need

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Jdmessenger, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Jdmessenger

Jdmessenger Well-Known Member

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Two days ago I wrote Oprah and the media for help. This is why, I posted online at a community board in my state that I had two a/c's that I wanted to give away for free due to the heat wave and also God's leading that there were people out there with a desperate need. Instead of getting maybe 20-40 responses, I received over 100 and growing. I spent a long time on the computer last night responding to each one of them who were desperate. This is what I wrote-

Still pending, a few people have appt's to see them so far, the first was at 5pm tonight and it looks like it may be no show. The second is for the morning, I will keep everybody posted. I had over one hundred replies on this and still growing. The response was overwhelming for it came from the sick, elderly, shut-in's, homeless shelters, battered women shelters, families with children, struggling students, friends who know of others who
    are in need, family who want to help their family members.. I have about eighty messages to read yet, I am sure there more situations that I haven't
    listed. There is a major need for air conditioners and a lot of people suffering without them out there. More than I ever realized. It really touched my heart today with tears for all, I wish I had an air conditioner for everyone. I even went as far to take action by writing Oprah and Channel 2 news for help. I haven't heard back, which doesn't surprise me, although it is dis-appointing, who knows what tomorrow will bring. I will pray for all, that God will make a way financially or send a gift of love to everyone through a source that will bless them with an air conditioner. Nobody should have to suffer through this heat. I'll keep everyone posted on the two that I have and also any news from possible sources willing to help. God bless you all.

Prayer intercessors, please pray for these people and this need, it isn't the biggest need in the world, but, people are suffering none the less. The letters and emails are streaming in still and each one of them is cry for help in this matter. They are willing to travel across the state or into the state for these. Pray for God to open hearts at the media so that I can put out this message and Lord willing someone will respond. Also, pray that God would give me the guidance who to write. If you have any ideas, suggestions or sources that you know of that I could write, please write to me. I am reaching out to you for help, knowing that the same spirit that dwells in me dwells in you. I will post this message on other boards as well just to reach others, but, the prayer site was my first stop.

God bless you. You can write here or PM, I will look at both. With God all things are possible. I deeply appreciate your prayers right now. Stand in the gap with me? Thank you so much! :prayer:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Kaching

Kaching Active Member

+8
    Non-Denom
    May God bless your efforts.

3. GodDoesListen55

GodDoesListen55 “A happy heart makes the face cheerful.” ッ

+2,271
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    praying!

4. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Thank you for your prayers! I love your username. Yes, God does listen! You are a woman of faith!

5. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 April Showers

+9,698
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    :groupray: :groupray: :amen: :amen:

6. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    God is so good! He is faithful and true! Praise the Lord! Thank you sister! For God so loved the world....

7. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Legend, your encouragement is appreciated. The prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective! Love the scriptures you have listed, they are strong and very uplifting. Thank you!

8. SunMessenger

SunMessenger Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God

+6,329
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    In The Name Of Jesus Christ Our Savior I Pray That The Holy Spirit Enter And Meet All Needs. This I Pray In The Name Of Jesus Christ Who Suffered Torture At The Hands Of Men So That We May Be Forgiven. Amen

9. peacechild4

peacechild4 My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD

+1,811
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Dear God, thank you for JDMessenger and what they are doing to help people in need.. I pray that God You bless their efforts and many more then they could imagine are helped.. We know that You desire to help Your people to reach many hurting and needy.. I pray that this venture not only helps many who are struggling with the heat.. but warms many hearts to the Love and compassion that You have for all mankind.. I pray that Your name is glorified and hearts come to know Jesus.... Praise the Lord \0/ amen

10. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Amen! Praise the Lord! Thank you sunmessenger for this loving prayer. Let it be!

11. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Peacechild4, thank you for your prayers! When I read your reply, all I could think of was "prayer warrior"! Praise the Lord!

12. LazyGuy

LazyGuy Well-Known Member

+104
    Methodist
    Married
    His will be done.

13. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    This is what I just wrote and sent out to over one hundred emails regarding this desperate need --

The a/c's have been taken tonight. It went to a needy home with a child who
    has muscular dystrophy. I am happy they will be blessed. To everyone else,there is hope, I have written to several organ-izations already and plan on writing to a few more before I go to sleep. I know my desire to help you may sound unusual, but, honestly, if you knew me, you would understand. My
    heart goes out to all of your situations. I am a believer in the power of prayer, I will stand in the gap for you and this need.

Recently, I have received a miracle in my life. I had major back surgery where they took out one of my ribs and put a prosthesis in my upper back area. It was an affliction that I have endured since my adolescence. Walking and running were always difficult, muscle stiffness and pain. Since the surgery and recovery of seven months, I am healed, my back is perfect, I can walk perfect, I will be running very soon... so, my heart is full, I am grateful
    to God and truly believe that what miraculous gift that God has provided for
    me, He will provide for you, even with your air conditioners and everything
    that goes with it. So, with that said, trust me, I will do whatever I can with God's help to bring this to the right person. I will keep all of your replies that you sent to me for an a/c and write you as soon as I hear something. God bless you and keep the faith! Jill

14. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Amen and Amen!

15. AmericanPrincess

AmericanPrincess Senior Member

+45
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes Father with you anything and everything is possible...father give my sister strength and peace as she goes about this charitable assignment in her life.. she has a big heart....bless her... and meet her needs father for she is concerned for the suffering of others.
    Amen

16. faithfulchild

faithfulchild Senior Veteran

+802
    Catholic
    peacechild4] Dear God, thank you for JDMessenger and what they are doing to help people in need.. I pray that God You bless their efforts and many more then they could imagine are helped.. We know that You desire to help Your people to reach many hurting and needy.. I pray that this venture not only helps many who are struggling with the heat.. but warms many hearts to the Love and compassion that You have for all mankind.. I pray that Your name is glorified and hearts come to know Jesus.... Praise the Lord \0/ amen

Father God I stand in agreement with this prayer. I pray in Jesus name that jdmessenger's efforts will be fulfilled. Amen

17. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    American Princess, thank you for your prayers of faith, let it be God. The replies are already coming in this morning, some want to know where I go to church and want to keep in touch, others are filled with gratitude to my efforts and are drawn to the love of Christ, I feel I will hear back from them. Some are in awe of what God has done in my life with the miracle He has performed. I will get answer them as the Lord leads later today when I get home from work. I am sure to hear from a lot more of them, I will let you know their responses. One lady said she wants to keep in touch and that she believes God has brought me into her life. I responded with open arms of course, God, will move in her life, pray for "Gloria". God bless you, please keep praying! Amazing what God can do with two a/c's!

18. Jdmessenger

+107
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Thank you faithful child, our hearts are in unity with prayer, I trust the Lord will use this to help them, some way, shape or form, He will be glorified. I do have a lot of work ahead of me tonight, with responding to those who write in and also to write to the sources that could help. God's will be done! Bless you! Thank you for standing in the gap with me!

19. LovingHim

LovingHim Member

+16
    Methodist
    Oh Lord, please help all these people. Heat is hard for us who You have blessed with health, but there are many who feel it is an overwhelming burden. Help them to get what they need, stay near them with Your love. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

20. soblessed53

soblessed53 Well-Known Member

+729
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    God Bless You for bringing this to our attention! I will also request prayer at my church,for all to remember this need.Also pray that those who are financially able will support their local aid organizations, that they trust,(for me it is the Salvation Army) only. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :groupray: :groupray: