Lexington, KY
✟359.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
pjalford said:
Also - any LSU Tigers around here?

Uuh, no, but how bout them Dawg's?? Sorry, I went to LA Tech. :wave: I'm from Louisiana, but now I live in Kentucky. Far from my mother in laws wonderful gumbo. So sad. My husband's family is in Lafayette and Hammond, but my family is near Shreveport. Where in LA are you from?

Upvote 0

Lenora56

Veteran
May 25, 2005
Louisiana
Visit site
✟1,972.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MesaBoogieGrl said:
I grew up in Minden, which is fairly close to Shreveport.

Ah yes, a lovely little town. I've been there a few times. I've met some people from there, and used to work with some. I've taken pictures of some of the churches there for references when drawing and painting buildings.

Upvote 0

MesaBoogieGrl

Aug 30, 2005
Lexington, KY
✟359.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Lenora56 said:
Ah yes, a lovely little town. I've been there a few times. I've met some people from there, and used to work with some. I've taken pictures of some of the churches there for references when drawing and painting buildings.

How about "a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!" It was a good place to grow up in and even though I miss my family, I'm glad I don't live there anymore. It is a pretty place and some of the churches are definitely postcard worthy. I grew up and was married in the First United Methodist Church on Broadway (across the street from the water tower and the First Baptist Church). Talk about a pretty church.

If you want to see other churches that would be great to draw, check out some the of the old churches in downtown Hammond (near Baton Rouge).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lenora56

Veteran
May 25, 2005
Louisiana
Visit site
✟1,972.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MesaBoogieGrl said:
How about "a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!" It was a good place to grow up in and even though I miss my family, I'm glad I don't live there anymore. It is a pretty place and some of the churches are definitely postcard worthy. I grew up and was married in the First United Methodist Church on Broadway (across the street from the water tower and the First Baptist Church). Talk about a pretty church.

If you want to see other churches that would be great to draw, check out some the of the old churches in downtown Hammond (near Baton Rouge).

Okay, I'll check them out. Thanks!

Upvote 0

CeeBee

Catholic
Dec 26, 2003
Louisiana
✟14,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Hi. I am from Kentwood, about 30 miles north of Hammond. I often go to Hammond, it being the nearest Wal-Mart City. Lol. Can't wait til the one in Amite is finished.
Ahh, pretty churches in Hammond? Try Holy Ghost Catholic and the Episcopal one by it, they are gorgeous! They are the only ones I know in Hammond besides Harvest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lenora56

Veteran
May 25, 2005
Louisiana
Visit site
✟1,972.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
kuntrygurl_26 said:
I am from Stanley. It is about 30 minuets away from Shreveport. anyone every heard of it?

Yep, I know some people who live there. And it's not far from Logansport, where I have relatives I've never met....:doh:

Upvote 0