✟2,062.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Edx said:
You said give them the tools and hope they figure it out, when I jokingly said all you need do is give them a hammer and chisel instead of teaching them geology you seemed to think this was a fabulous idea.

Ed

Hands on learning

Active learning

Last and most defiantly least passive learning

I do think that is a good idea, and I told you to make it work. What have you done about it?

One Love

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Erock83 said:
Well I think we can all agree that it would be bad for the teacher just to stand up in front of the class and tell them verbatim out of a text book.

“Your DNA defines all physical things in your of your body”

And then the students take notes, and then they memorize it, and they are tested on it. Each of those students will know that fact or their grade will reflect it.

Erock83 said:
30min latter students give presentation the teachers takes the good conclusions puts them on a list and the bad conclusion and puts them on a list them next class period explains why the methods which reached the good conclusions are valid and shows how the methods that reached the bad conclusions caused the faulty results. Then the teacher can expand upon the findings. Ahh critical thinking and self motivated education. I need a Newport.
Erock83 said:
One Love.

*snort* been out of high school for too long haven't you? The way it would work would be closer to... One smart kid gives everyone else the answer and they write it down. Now they've gotten credit for the assignment. Teacher waste time talking about it and no one listens because it won't be on the test.

Upvote 0

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Erock83 said:
Hands on learning

Active learning

Last and most defiantly least passive learning

What you were originally saying wasnt just that you should make lessons more practical, which obviously Im all for.

I do think that is a good idea, and I told you to make it work. What have you done about it?

What have you done about it. I was joking, you are the one that thinks its a brilliant idea.

Ed

Upvote 0

Erock83

Dec 14, 2005
Phoenix
✟2,062.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Edx said:
[/size][/font]

What you were originally saying wasnt just that you should make lessons more practical, which obviously Im all for.

What have you done about it. I was joking, you are the one that thinks its a brilliant idea.

Ed

Surface level mundane stuff would be voting for school board members. Other things is writing essays (unlike what I do on CF there is a mess load of research associated with the writings) and passing them along to educational departments around the nation, as well as passing a copy along to my state and local school boards. If I start getting good feed back a copy is sent to my state and national senators, as well as my state and national congressperson.

One Love.

Upvote 0