California Governor to Vatican: 'Brainwashing' needed to tackle climate change

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
That's mighty dramatic. I don't think climate change is a religion to most folks & I definitely don't think it's the Pope's religion. Now, I do think that it's a part of his religion, of the Christian & Catholic faith, on account of how it's very clear in the Bible that we are to be stewards. I'd fully expect the Pope to respect the Bible & to live by it instead of clinging to the ignorance & irresponsibility of certain political leaders. He's right to call out the perverse attitudes.

Pope Francis denounces climate change deniers
Pope Francis denounces climate change deniers

I know that this clings better (or should cling better) in a baptists ears than in ours but sadly this pontificate has lost its direction. What you say about stewardship and Francis With you is correct, but its a part of the OT - Old covenant.
Its not to say its no longer in effect, but its not the most important task for us Christians today.
The Great Commission is what we should strive to do more than anything!

This world is dying, why is that? Cause God made it so from the moment we fell in Eden. Its inevitable so why spend the eschatology and the endtimes to worry about the globe?
Regardless as I said I know Anabaptists usually weight the two testaments equally, but I dont and in the past Catholicism hasnt either nor did Luther. So I understand your viewpoint given your theological conviction and belief.

A final note I feel like emphasising is that Im absolutely certain that if we succeded preaching the gospel to the Conversion of the world we would indeed see an end to the destruction of this world, at least in the pace its getting ruined today.
If People re-discovered God and Christ Our savior Im absolutely convinced People would see through materialism and find their joy in Christ and his Church once again as man did in the past.

Look at those who spend their lives in convents, they have little or nothing but still they love life and find great value in their simplistic lifestyle.

No today its not the world and her enviroment that needs to be preached, but the Conversion of sinners for the salvation of souls. In the world to come nothing of what the pope does today by focusing of materialism would have any meaning. From a salvistic pow Laudate Si is totally and utterly pointless.

The attempt to arrest the free-thought by the globalists and thus free-speech and religious freedome is indeed terrifying!
God save us!

• Winner
Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I know that this clings better (or should cling better) in a baptists ears than in ours but sadly this pontificate has lost its direction. What you say about stewardship and Francis With you is correct, but its a part of the OT - Old covenant.
Its not to say its no longer in effect, but its not the most important task for us Christians today.
The Great Commission is what we should strive to do more than anything!

This world is dying, why is that? Cause God made it so from the moment we fell in Eden. Its inevitable so why spend the eschatology and the endtimes to worry about the globe?
Regardless as I said I know Anabaptists usually weight the two testaments equally, but I dont and in the past Catholicism hasnt either nor did Luther. So I understand your viewpoint given your theological conviction and belief.

A final note I feel like emphasising is that Im absolutely certain that if we succeded preaching the gospel to the Conversion of the world we would indeed see an end to the destruction of this world, at least in the pace its getting ruined today.
If People re-discovered God and Christ Our savior Im absolutely convinced People would see through materialism and find their joy in Christ and his Church once again as man did in the past.

Look at those who spend their lives in convents, they have little or nothing but still they love life and find great value in their simplistic lifestyle.

No today its not the world and her enviroment that needs to be preached, but the Conversion of sinners for the salvation of souls. In the world to come nothing of what the pope does today by focusing of materialism would have any meaning. From a salvistic pow Laudate Si is totally and utterly pointless.

The attempt to arrest the free-thought by the globalists and thus free-speech and religious freedome is indeed terrifying!
God save us!

Gracious, you sure do make an awful lot of assumptions about folks you don't know a thing about on internet forums. Yes, I'm Baptist, but I went to a Catholic school for years, so I do know a thing or two about it. Seeing as how I learned about the science of climate change there, learned about why it's relevant to folks who take the Bible seriously in my religious classes there.

I see the wisdom in what Pope Francis has said & I'm glad that he sees the folly in the argument you've made here He's not the first Pope to talk about why we have a responsibility to take care of the planet. It's not just about loving the planet, it's loving the folks who live on it, on account of how climate change effects them.

eta-
Vatican Was Going Green Long Before Pope's Climate Decree
Pope Francis is eloquent and driven, but is just the latest in a line of Catholic leaders attempting to push environmental issues higher on the church agenda.

From Pope John Paul II's pleas to respect nature a quarter-century ago to the Vatican's increasingly sophisticated relationship with science, the Roman Catholic Church has been moving for decades to take environmental issues seriously. And Pope Francis, a former chemist with a deep concern for the poor, seems intent on demonstrating that climate change—the ultimate "green" issue—is about more than saving polar bears.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No one denies that caring about the environment is good and right but the green movement, environmentalISM and climate change ideology has been not only infiltraited but completely directed by the communist marxist left to futher the cause of international communism

I am not against electric cars
Clean air and recycling

I am against the marxist communists usinging environmentalism to gain control over governments schools churches and ultimatly even.. EVEN every aspect if a human beings life

Well now, do you think the Pope Francis is a "marxist communists usinging (using?) environmentalism to gain control over governments schools churches and ultimatly (ultimately?) even"?

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well now, do you think the Pope Francis is a "marxist communists usinging (using?) environmentalism to gain control over governments schools churches and ultimatly (ultimately?) even"?

Its a very complicated answer that i layout and address in other threads... but the short answer is... YES its a real possibity it is also possible that he is being used or going along with others to further their communistic agenda for the world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Gracious, you sure do make an awful lot of assumptions about folks you don't know a thing about on internet forums. Yes, I'm Baptist, but I went to a Catholic school for years, so I do know a thing or two about it. Seeing as how I learned about the science of climate change there, learned about why it's relevant to folks who take the Bible seriously in my religious classes there.

I see the wisdom in what Pope Francis has said & I'm glad that he sees the folly in the argument you've made here He's not the first Pope to talk about why we have a responsibility to take care of the planet. It's not just about loving the planet, it's loving the folks who live on it, on account of how climate change effects them.

eta-
Vatican Was Going Green Long Before Pope's Climate Decree
Pope Francis is eloquent and driven, but is just the latest in a line of Catholic leaders attempting to push environmental issues higher on the church agenda.

I'm not talking about you, but Baptists in general. It's not an assumption it's their reputation, false or not it's not my private assumption.

Well we see this issue differently then. You consider Francis to speak wisdom while I consider him to be neglecting his pastoral duties by getting hung up in this temporal world.

I reserve my Christian right to stress the importance of the Gospels over Genesis.
Salvation of souls should ALWAYS be the number one priority of any Christian and especially the pope.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not talking about you, but Baptists in general. It's not an assumption it's their reputation, false or not it's not my private assumption.

Well we see this issue differently then. You consider Francis to speak wisdom while I consider him to be neglecting his pastoral duties by getting hung up in this temporal world.

I reserve my Christian right to stress the importance of the Gospels over Genesis.
Salvation of souls should ALWAYS be the number one priority of any Christian and especially the pope.

Well, there's plenty of Catholics who see it differently than you do, too. For one, it's not an either / or where you either stress the importance of the Gospels or Genesis. The priority for salvation doesn't mean being short-sighted & irresponsible in other regards. I think & I know for fact plenty of Catholic folks feel the same, on account of hearing them say just this, that advocating for taking the right care of creation, that IS preaching the Gospel. That's loving thy neighbor since the environment has an impact on the wellbeing of folks. Not just now, in the future generations. Glad that Pope Francis and the Popes prior to him realize this even if some Catholics don't.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well, there's plenty of Catholics who see it differently than you do, too. For one, it's not an either / or where you either stress the importance of the Gospels or Genesis. The priority for salvation doesn't mean being short-sighted & irresponsible in other regards. I think & I know for fact plenty of Catholic folks feel the same, on account of hearing them say just this, that advocating for taking the right care of creation, that IS preaching the Gospel. That's loving thy neighbor since the environment has an impact on the wellbeing of folks. Not just now, in the future generations. Glad that Pope Francis and the Popes prior to him realize this even if some Catholics don't.

There's no reason to get nasty and engage in personal attacks. Good luck saving the planet ;)
We obviously disagree about this, I prefer to preach salvation while you like to focus on saving the world and refer to Genesis while doing so.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Genesis doesn't say that climate change is made by man.

No, pride does.
It's so typical hubris for us humans to believe we can save anything.
We can't save ourselves, how could we save our planet?

• Winner
Reactions: The Grouch
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There's no reason to get nasty and engage in personal attacks. Good luck saving the planet ;)
We obviously disagree about this, I prefer to preach salvation while you like to focus on saving the world and refer to Genesis while doing so.

Certainly agree there's not need to get nasty & engage in personal attacks, so I haven't done that. Also haven't used sarcasm like you just did right here. Please don't twist around what I wrote. Nobody is saying that salvation shouldn't be preached. Obviously it should be & obviously it is. Taking care of folks is a huge part of the Gospel & that's ultimately what taking care of creation is about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No, pride does.
It's so typical hubris for us humans to believe we can save anything.
We can't save ourselves, how could we save our planet?

Nobody thinks they can save the planet on their own, but they do know that there are things that can be to help it. You make efforts to take care of yourself & your kin, don't you? If you're a parent you don't just let your child stuff her face with junk, on account of how that's unhealthy. You don't just let her run around unbathed because that's not hygienic. Assuming you also bathe yourself, feed yourself, clothe yourself. You pay the mortgage, you take care of your duties. You don't just ignore them on account of how your life is temporary. Is that hubris, or just responsibility?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What it says in Genesis that God gave the earth to man for us to work it and keep it.
It says in Genesis that God created Adam and placed him in the garden of Eden and then told man to till the garden and keep it. But Genesis doesn't say that climate change is made by man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It says in Genesis that God created Adam and placed him in the garden of Eden and then told man to till the garden and keep it. But Genesis doesn't say that climate change is made by man.

I can't tell if you're pulling the legs of folks with this, or what. Poe's Law, right here.
Now, there's folks who believe Genesis is entirely literal & those who think it's allegorical. Either way, it's fully illogical to expect climate change to be mentioned. If you're reading it literally, the earth was just created. No duh that nothing was said about climate change! What God said was that humans are supposed to take care of creation. That's exactly why Pope Francis, the Popes before him, who care about God's holy word, who believe in it with their whole hearts, who believe in God having created the world, they have talked about why man-made climate change is a serious issue.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe Governor Brown can run for President in 2020, since so many names of other elderly candidates keep popping up, like Biden, Sanders, Clinton, etc.

Trump is elderly too. I think in 2020, there will be much younger candidates.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The Church to be Catholic must be universal in time, and to be universal in time it must be ancient; antiquity then is a property of the Church."
- St. Francis de Sales, The Catholic Controversy, TAN Books, p. 149

"Thus, we do not say that the Pope cannot err in his private opinions, as did John XXII, or be altogether a heretic, as perhaps Honorius was. Now when he is explicitly a heretic, he falls ipso facto from his dignity and out of the Church, and the Church must either deprive him, or, as some say, declare him deprived, of his Apostolic See, and must say as S. Peter did, Let another take his bishopric."
- St. Francis de Sales, The Catholic Controversy, TAN Books, p. 225

Upvote 0