Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Good gravy, how old is that video? Is this a thread all about dumping on Jerry Brown or his speech at the Vatican about climate change? I'm assuming folks can't just waltz into the Vatican, make a speech in front of the Pope. So the Vatican invited him, right? If they thought he was this horrible person, or somebody clueless about climate change I doubt they'd do that.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It makes no difference how old it is.

Jerry Brown is still Jerry Brown and still has the same personality now that he did then.

Well, to repeat, the Vatican invited him to give the speech we're talking about right here. Is your only agenda here to try to trash Brown, not talk about what he & the Pope have said about climate change? This wasn't the 1st time the Vatican invited Brown.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, to repeat, the Vatican invited him to give the speech we're talking about right here. Is your only agenda here to try to trash Brown, not talk about what he & the Pope have said about climate change? This wasn't the 1st time the Vatican invited Brown.
I didn't make Jerry Brown say what he did. And it wasn't like he was secretly recorded saying what he did in that video. He said it openly to the public. So the only one to blame for it is him.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't make Jerry Brown say what he did. And it wasn't like he was secretly recorded saying what he did in that video. He said it openly to the public. So the only one to blame for it is him.

This is a really strange response. Never implied you made Jerry Brown say what he did in that old video, the point is that it's totally besides the point, lol. Are you a climate change denier or something, angry that he was invited to speak (multiple times) at the Vatican about it & so your agenda here is just to poop on Brown to try to invalidate his comments?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that the climate has been changing since the beginning of the world.

So is that a yes to my question?

What do you think about Pope Francis' statements on climate change?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What do you think about Pope Francis' statements on climate change?
I know that Francis' statement on climate change isn't binding on Catholics. He even admits that in his encyclical. But I agree with what he said about respecting divergent views on climate change.

"On many concrete questions [on climate change], the Church has no reason to offer a definitive opinion; she knows that honest debate must be encouraged among experts, while respecting divergent views." - Laudato si', 61​

What is your opinion on the Ice Age? Do you believe that it was man-made?

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
"And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray." - Mt 24:11

Galatians 1:6-9 NABRE
Loyalty to the Gospel

6 I am amazed that you are so quickly forsaking the one who called you by the grace of Christ for a different gospel 7 (not that there is another). But there are some who are disturbing you and wish to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach [to you] a gospel other than the one that we preached to you, let that one be accursed! 9 As we have said before, and now I say again, if anyone preaches to you a gospel other than the one that you received, let that one be accursed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I know that Francis' statement on climate change isn't binding on Catholics. He even admits that in his encyclical. But I agree with what he said about respecting divergent views on climate change.

"On many concrete questions [on climate change], the Church has no reason to offer a definitive opinion; she knows that honest debate must be encouraged among experts, while respecting divergent views." - Laudato si', 61​

What is your opinion on the Ice Age? Do you believe that it was man-made?

I'm glad the Pope has a healthy respect for science & has called for urgent action on climate change. He's an intelligent & decent man who isn't arrogant & isn't into ignorance either. He has chastised climate change deniers for failing in their duty to protect our “common home”. I respect him a lot for that.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad the Pope has a healthy respect for science & has called for urgent action on climate change. He's an intelligent & decent man who isn't arrogant & isn't into ignorance either. He has chastised climate change deniers for failing in their duty to protect our “common home”. I respect him a lot for that.
Even if he did that, his opinion on climate change isn't binding on Catholics.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Even if he did that, his opinion on climate change isn't binding on Catholics.

He's made numerous statements of fact on climate change over the years, urging folks to be responsible. His wisdom might not be binding on Catholics, but I think it's very commendable.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Climate changes are religion to some people. I'd rather the pope became a proponent of the gospel than that of the physical, material world which is going to end some day anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

And, and he isnt the only "evil" person thats been invited to the vatican recently

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And, and he isnt the only "evil" person thats been invited to the vatican recently

Lol, this is Poe's Law in action right now. Well good for anybody who gets the honor of an invitation to the Vatican.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Climate changes are religion to some people. I'd rather the pope became a proponent of the gospel than that of the physical, material world which is going to end some day anyway.

That's mighty dramatic. I don't think climate change is a religion to most folks & I definitely don't think it's the Pope's religion. Now, I do think that it's a part of his religion, of the Christian & Catholic faith, on account of how it's very clear in the Bible that we are to be stewards. I'd fully expect the Pope to respect the Bible & to live by it instead of clinging to the ignorance & irresponsibility of certain political leaders. He's right to call out the perverse attitudes.

Pope Francis denounces climate change deniers

Pope Francis denounced those who deny global warming and urged negotiators at climate talks in Germany to avoid falling prey to such "perverse attitudes" and instead accelerate efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions.

Francis issued a message Thursday to the Bonn meeting, which is working to implement the 2015 Paris accord aimed at capping global emissions.

In the message, Francis called climate change "one of the most worrisome phenomena that humanity is facing," and urged negotiators to ignore special interests and political or economic pressures and instead engage in an honest dialogue about the future of the planet.

He denounced that such efforts are often frustrated by those who deny climate change, are indifferent to it, or think it can only be solved by technical solutions.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's mighty dramatic. I don't think climate change is a religion to most folks & I definitely don't think it's the Pope's religion. Now, I do think that it's a part of his religion, of the Christian & Catholic faith, on account of how it's very clear in the Bible that we are to be stewards. I'd fully expect the Pope to respect the Bible & to live by it instead of clinging to the ignorance & irresponsibility of certain political leaders. He's right to call out the perverse attitudes.

No one denies that caring about the environment is good and right but the green movement, environmentalISM and climate change ideology has been not only infiltraited but completely directed by the communist marxist left to futher the cause of international communism

I am not against electric cars
Clean air and recycling

I am against the marxist communists usinging environmentalism to gain control over governments schools churches and ultimatly even.. EVEN every aspect if a human beings life

Upvote 0