Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Back in California, Brown has embraced a vision of social transformation that contradicts Pope Francis' teaching. As governor, he has signed legislation that legalized physician-assisted suicide, expanded access to abortion and targeted crisis pregnancy centers."

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"Back in California, Brown has embraced a vision of social transformation that contradicts Pope Francis' teaching. As governor, he has signed legislation that legalized physician-assisted suicide, expanded access to abortion and targeted crisis pregnancy centers."

Well he's a liberal governor of a liberal state, so yeah. Glad that he & Pope Francis are thinking alike on climate change, on account of that being something that effects everybody, not just the folks out in Cali who voted in Brown.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"Whatever the provocation, Brown's brainwashing proposal should raise eyebrows."

Surely folks aren't being silly enough to think that he's literally talking about brainwashing, are they? Gracious, let's have a little more faith in folks that they've got some good sense from the Lord & don't take expressions of speech as proposals.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just a question, isn't mind control a form of Black Magic?
Tell that to college students......one must not be pro or con, non-generic is "the way," relationships (you know) can be any number...... or not. If you are in the latter camp you can still hang out. Just don't bring it up.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you read the article?
Surely folks aren't being silly enough to think that he's literally talking about brainwashing, are they? Gracious, let's have a little more faith in folks that they've got some good sense from the Lord & don't take expressions of speech as proposals.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Did you read the article?

Yes. Brown says “We need a total, I might say ‘brainwashing.’”

Why do you think there's quotations around the word brainwashing? It's a figure of speech.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You realize this is from a Catholic pov? What I posted? And- people have gone off the deep end over tamer "figures of speech" than this. Given today's current divisions it was a stupid and creepy thing to say.
Yes. Brown says “We need a total, I might say ‘brainwashing.’”

Why do you think there's quotations around the word brainwashing? It's a figure of speech.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray." - Mt 24:11
"The power here is prophecy," said the California governor. "The power here is faith, and that's what this organization is supposed to be about...."

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You realize this is from a Catholic pov? What I posted? And- people have gone off the deep end over tamer "figures of speech" than this. Given today's current divisions it was a stupid and creepy thing to say.

Right, it's from "a" Catholic POV. Notice how quotation marks were used around the word brainwashing, which tells you the tone. Folks who get trigged to go off the deep end over things like that have got much bigger problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anytime a person of power says such a thing it is completely off the mark. Educate would of been a better term. Had Trump or another politician used this 'figure of speech', most would of been wetting themselves over it. Let's not practice double standards.
Right, it's from "a" Catholic POV. Notice how quotation marks were used around the word brainwashing, which tells you the tone. Folks who get trigged to go off the deep end over things like that have got much bigger problems.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Anytime a person of power says such a thing it is completely off the mark. Educate would of been a better term. Had Trump or another politician used this 'figure of speech', most would of been wetting themselves over it. Let's not practice double standards.

Lol, Trump HAS used the word brainwashed. If the folks who aren't supporters of his had kicked up a stink over it, they'd have been mocked.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol, Trump HAS used the word brainwashed. If the folks who aren't supporters of his had kicked up a stink over it, they'd have been mocked.
What? I didn't vote for Trump therefore do not pay much attention to every brash and stupid thing he says. So I have no idea what you are talking about. My point is, given today's divisive climate, using such terms is stupid. I don't care who said it. If Pope Francis said it I'd still say it was an incredibly unfortunate choice of words. There is no defending it in the way he put it out there.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
What? I didn't vote for Trump therefore do not pay much attention to every brash and stupid thing he says. So I have no idea what you are talking about. My point is, given today's divisive climate, using such terms is stupid. I don't care who said it. If Pope Francis said it I'd still say it was an incredibly unfortunate choice of words. There is no defending it in the way he put it out there.

Honestly was not trying to imply that you were a Trump supporter. I was just saying that he has in fact used that word & I don't think much of a ruckus was made over it. The folks who do support him tend to be the types to mock those who get sensitive about words, call them snowflakes & such. That's what I meant.

I don't care all that much for Jerry Brown, too liberal for my tastes, but haven't got any complaints over him using the word "brainwashing" in trying to explain how he thought there needed to be a rethinking on climate change. I don't think there was any ugly intent there. Maybe that was a clumsy use of it, Idk, but I don't think it's this big, bad, indefensible awful or anything. Not like using a cuss word or something. I've heard plenty of folks from all walks of life use brainwashing, including my old preacher, lol.

Upvote 0