• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

  2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

California donates ventilators to struggling states

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by rambot, Apr 9, 2020.

  1. rambot

    rambot Senior Member

    +6,288
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    California has donated extra working ventilators to states currently being hit hard.

    That's nice of them.

    As of a week ago, the feds were holding 10,500 or so. I wonder how many they still have left? If we're at a place where states are donating theirs I would hope the feds are basically all gone.

    Any one able to find that information?
     
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. essentialsaltes

    essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

    +12,819
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Not sure about ventilators, but...

    New details from HHS and FEMA released by the Oversight Committee indicates that federal government has depleted 90% of its stockpile of respirators/gloves/other emergency equipment. Remaining 10% will be kept for federal workers.

    With the federal stockpile for personal protective equipment dwindling during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Trump administration reportedly sent shipments to states in a third and "final push" before the private sector takes on the bulk of the effort.

    The first two rounds of shipments were based on census data from 2010, while the third round apparently wasn't adjusted for population at all.

    Vermont and Texas, for example, which aren't remotely comparable in size, both received 120,900 N95 respirator masks. That's good news for Vermont, but not so much for Texas. To put in perspective, Vermont received 193 respirators for every 1,000 residents while Texas got five per 1,000. While equal distribution sounds nice in theory, it doesn't seem to make much sense in this case.
     
Loading...