Alexandria
✟2,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should polygamy be made legal then? Since the goal of secular law is to include all, I presume you support polygamy being accepted.

BTW, I will also note that you as a ardent total secularist wish to discriminate against people with my own views from entering and living in your country. You are being exclusivist and not inclusive.
You note your own imagination. Because you are unable to read what someone says through your own obstinate ignorance.

Upvote 0

WintersDust

Nov 6, 2022
Alexandria
✟2,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But God gave us His morality in the Ten Commandments.

Today, people are trying to make up their own commandments, which never
works. Cultures which become immoral, usually collapse.
A great response rightly directed to the member @JimR-OCDS that made the statement, ''morality invented my men.'' .

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,134.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
BTW, I will also note that you as a ardent total secularist wish to discriminate against people with my own views from entering and living in your country. You are being exclusivist and not inclusive.
You note your own imagination. Because you are unable to read what someone says through your own obstinate ignorance.

You yourself said I should not belong in the USA and that I should not seek to live there because of my illiberal and non-secular political ideology. It's not my fault you can't see the inconsistency in advocating non-discrimination, yet you are perfectly willing to discriminate against people who don't agree with you.

Also, answer my question on polygamy. If the goal of the secular state is to be as inclusive as possible, why forbid legal recognition of polygamy?

Upvote 0

WintersDust

Nov 6, 2022
Alexandria
✟2,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You yourself said I should not belong in the USA and that I should not seek to live there because of my illiberal and non-secular political ideology. It's not my fault you can't see the inconsistency in advocating non-discrimination, yet you are perfectly willing to discriminate against people who don't agree with you.

Also, answer my question on polygamy. If the goal of the secular state is to be as inclusive as possible, why forbid legal recognition of polygamy?
You're far too immature for this debate.

Gay marriage has been legal in Australia since 2016.
Take issue with your government. Not ours.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,134.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You're far too immature for this debate.

Nothing I've said was false. It was your own words and the question needs to be answered. You are an advocate of the total secular state, devoid of any Christian influence. You have stated that said state's goal is inclusivity. Why shouldn't polygamy, since the goal is to be inclusive, be permitted?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Federal law does protect LGBTQ.
Show me the law, please.

42 U.S.C. §2000a (a)All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

In 2020, the Supreme Court did provide extended Title VII protections to the LGBTQ community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0