CAL / SOCAL People

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
SAPguy said:
eh...what do you guys know??? :p
Well, we know how to:

1) Make house prices unattainable
2) Mark up gas prices to be the highest in the nation
3) How to make an issue out of the LA County's seal, which has had a cross on it for about a hundred years!

Gee, come to think of it, Mid/No Cal's looking pretty good! :D

Upvote 0

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
PatrickM said:
3) How to make an issue out of the LA County's seal, which has had a cross on it for about a hundred years![/b

Yes!! Can you believe that?? We have an LASO (Sheriff's Dept.) patch that will now be obsolete. My husband handed it to me and said, "So find the area on this patch that the ACLU has a problem with." It took me 10 minutes to finally see the miniscule cross.
I'm absolutely amazed that this went through. Especially because the cross was orginally designed to represent the Missions of California, not make a 'religious statement'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PatrickM

What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????
Jan 8, 2004
Utah now!
✟9,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MsAnne said:
Yes!! Can you believe that?? We have an LASO (Sheriff's Dept.) patch that will now be obsolete. My husband handed it to me and said, "So find the area on this patch that the ACLU has a problem with."
You would think someone in his position would welcome a cross on his shoulder!
It took me 10 minutes to finally see the miniscule cross.
LOL
I'm absolutely amazed that this went through. Especially because the cross was orginally designed to represent the Missions of California, not make a 'religious statement'.
And how ironic, as it was the missionaries who helped and did so much good for the people, and helped found our great state!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Asherz

Jul 8, 2004
✟9,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Warrior Poet said:
Anacrizme...LOL..SOCAL in the house HOLLA if you hear me.............

Anaheim,CA, but was born and raised in THE REAL VALLEY, anyone heard of Porterville?

Warrior Poet
I haven't read all the posts yet, but I've heard of Porterville :wave: I'm a little bit South of you in Bakersfield.

Upvote 0

crimsonxbeauty

WAR, WAR IN THE HEART THERE’S WAR!
Jul 8, 2004
San Diego, California
✟8,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wisdom Seeker said:
I'm a California native. Second generation.
I'm 4th or 5th generation.... 4th generation this town alone... 2nd generation this house... we don't get around much.... North County San Diego btw

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

Another Modesto native here... I've spent some years in LA and Santa Barbara, and I'd like to move a bit further north if I get a chance. Too bad Humboldt County is such an economically depressed area... :sigh:

Upvote 0