Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tried a primitive version of it ages ago, in the early days of the software. I currently use Ableton Live.

I'm guessing that's not a free one? I'm after a free DAW that has virtual instruments already on it, and that isn't too hard to use :sweatsmile: Also some of them seem to be more about sharing your projects and others seeing it, I just wanted to create privately without others seeing it

Upvote 0

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I'm guessing that's not a free one? I'm after a free DAW that has virtual instruments already on it, and that isn't too hard to use :sweatsmile: Also some of them seem to be more about sharing your projects and others seeing it, I just wanted to create privately without others seeing it

There is a free version of Ableton Live to try out, but it's limited.

The absolute easiest DAW to use has to be Garage Band. You can only get it for the iPad and the Apple PC though. Other great DAW's for the iPad include NanoStudio 2, Tabletop and Cubasis.

As for the PC, I'd say that FL Studio is probably the easiest to use, but it's not free, coming in at $200-300 dollars depending on which version you buy.

The cheapest DAW for the PC is the open source Reaper, which is $60 for a license.

There are plenty of options out there, it's just a matter of what you want. I'd say the easiest would be if you have an iPad, buy Garage Band, it's pretty cheap. Lots of fun to make music with. You'll be surprised how easy it is.

And nothing says you have to share your projects, no matter what DAW you use.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a free version of Live to try out, but it's limited. I'd say the easiest one to use is Garage Band, but you need an Apple PC for that, or an iPad. If you have an iPad, there are some pretty nice DAWs available, like NanoStudio 2, Tabletop and Garage Band—all of them are easy to use and cheap to buy. As for the PC, I'd say that FL Studio is probably the easiest to use, but it's not free, coming in at $200-300 dollars depending on which version you buy. The cheapest DAW is the open source Reaper, which is $60 for a license.

There are plenty of options out there, it's just a matter of what you want.

Thanks for the info :) I would probably use garage band but I don't have apple pc or ipad, so have to look into other options

Upvote 0

Freth

Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟372,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the info :) I would probably use garage band but I don't have apple pc or ipad, so have to look into other options

Check out FL Studio. It's free to download and has everything you need. If you end up buying it, you get free upgrades for life. Plus it's super easy to make music with.

None of them are free, but most have demos.

Upvote 0