Cain and Abel

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It certainly did not allow them a rest.......So no, Adam and his sons did not keep a Sabbath. Knowledge of one or not. And besides this, It does not mean a Sabbath like was given to the nation of Israel by the law.
Conjecture.

(Besides, what does this have to do with what YHWH showed to and told Adam and Havah about the set apart days ? )

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Conjecture.

(Besides, what does this have to do with what YHWH showed to and told Adam and Havah about the set apart days ? )
Conjecture.....no, scripture.
Is the Sabbath Given to Israel not a set apart day?
What do the set apart days given by the hand of Moses show and tell Israel about the rest which God had not yet given them?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is the Sabbath Given to Israel not a set apart day?
What do the set apart days given by the hand of Moses show and tell Israel about the rest which God had not yet given them?
This is off topic now.
It has nothing to do with the topic: what did Adam and Havah know directly from YHWH .

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is off topic now.
It has nothing to do with the topic: what did Adam and Havah know directly from YHWH .
No, I gave you reasons and scripture to support my view that Adam and his sons did not have a Sabbath (rest). We can agree to disagree on that view of course. But Sabbath means more than just Saturday, and rest, means more than that as well.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, I gave you reasons and scripture to support my view that Adam and his sons did not have a Sabbath (rest). We can agree to disagree on that of course.
I never agree to disagree.
That is a terrible loss to most people, and necessarily to one or the other.

The reasons and the Scripture you posted don't show at all that Adam and Havah and their children did not honor YHWH'S Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I never agree to disagree.
That is a terrible loss to most people, and necessarily to one or the other.

The reasons and the Scripture you posted don't show at all that Adam and Havan and their children did not honor YHWH'S Sabbath.
Well since they toiled all the days of their lives just to sustain their diet, as well as rest from that toil was not found until Noah...I think is pretty clear. But that's ok we can disagree. :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well since they toiled all the days of their lives just to sustain their diet, as well as rest from that toil was not found until Noah...
oops.... deviation from Scripture. Very serious, very very serious.... yes indeed....
Nothing at all to show that anyone (or someone(s)) before the flood did not honor YHWH,
and /or honor YHWH'S Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It certainly did not allow them a rest.......So no, Adam and his sons did not keep a Sabbath. Knowledge of one or not. And besides this, It does not mean a Sabbath like was given to the nation of Israel by the law.
Ex 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
De 3:20 Until the LORD have given rest unto your brethren, as well as unto you, and until they also possess the land which the LORD your God hath given them beyond Jordan: and then shall ye return every man unto his possession, which I have given you.
De 12:9 For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you.
Did Enoch find rest? They did not enter his rest because of their unbelief. Hebrews 3:19

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well since they toiled all the days of their lives just to sustain their diet, as well as rest from that toil was not found until Noah...I think is pretty clear. But that's ok we can disagree. :)
Did Abel and Enoch enter his rest? Hebrews 4:19

Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This after they were to rest from gathering manna 40 years in the desert.
Cain the firstborn of Adam, Adam and Cain were tillers of the cursed ground but righteous Abel a keeper of sheep. Do mother's no longer have pain during child labor before or after the flood? 1 Timothy 2:15 and Genesis 3:16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Did Enoch find rest? They did not enter his rest because of their unbelief. Hebrews 3:19
But this scripture speaks concerning Israel that had already been given the seventh day Sabbath as well as the festival Sabbaths. So this rest spoken of by God was of neither sort which was given in the law, especially the seventh day Sabbath. That was the op was it not?

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
But this scripture speaks concerning Israel that had already been given the seventh day Sabbath as well as the festival Sabbaths. So this rest spoken of by God was of neither sort which was given in the law, especially the seventh day Sabbath. That was the op was it not?
Enoch walked with G-d prior to Israel becoming a nation, you said Adam sons had no rest (Shabbat) until Noah but Enoch lived prior to Noah. Hebrews is speaking about the patriarchs having faith, prior to Israel becoming a nation, they all died in faith never receiving what was promised (Hebrews 11:13). Yhwh visited Adam in the cool of the day or the evening, Abel offered an acceptable sacrifice. According to the law, when is it appropriate for the priest to offer sacrifices? I noticed you like to ignore my questions, so do you honor Torah? This is a MJ forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Enoch walked with G-d prior to Israel becoming a nation, you said Adam sons had no rest (Shabbat) until Noah but Enoch lived prior to Noah. Hebrews is speaking about the patriarchs having faith, prior to Israel becoming a nation, they all died in faith never receiving what was promised (Hebrews 11:13). Yhwh visited Adam in the cool of the day or the evening, Abel offered an acceptable sacrifice. According to the law, when is it appropriate for the priest to offer sacrifices? I noticed you like to ignore my questions, so do you honor Torah? This is a MJ forum.
I seen your questions as repeats? All I am going with here is what scripture says. Both concerning a Sabbath or rest which is distinct from the law of Moses. That is what the op asks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mercymessianicjudiasm

Oct 30, 2017
Germantown
✟28,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I seen your questions as repeats? All I am going with here is what scripture says. Both concerning a Sabbath or rest which is distinct from the law of Moses. That is what the op asks.
You never answered my question. Cain as the firstborn, was a tiller of the cursed ground. You stated the sons of Adam did not find rest until Noah, yet the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness as a mixed multitude not as a nation. Enoch walked with G-d before Noah was born, did Enoch enter his Sabbath rest? Hebrews 3:19

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You never answered my question. Cain as the firstborn, was a tiller of the cursed ground. You stated the sons of Adam did not find rest until Noah, yet the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness as a mixed multitude not as a nation. Enoch walked with G-d, did Enoch enter his rest? Hebrews 3:19
First of all I think the subject matter has gone off topic.
I gave you scripture which says
Ge 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Ge 5:29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
According to scripture there was no comfort from their toil of the cursed ground until Noah. Therefore, If Enoch remained until Noah then perhaps he did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0