C-Span: RNC Gets Six Times More Views Than DNC?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First Night of RNC Gets Nearly 6 Times More Views Than DNC's

That is on C-Span. Let's look at the numbers. Night one of both conventions.

Night one of the RNC garnered nearly 440,000 views!

Night one of the DNC drew 76,000.

So what does that tell you?

If there's a genuine passion for the Democrat ticket and it's leaders....WHERE IS IT?

Actually I find information like this more giving a feel of what's going on then the polls.
Any opinions?

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Any opinions?

The first thought that comes to mind is that it's more difficult to count viewers now than it used to be, what with multiple streaming/viewing sources.

I didn't realize C-SPAN was carrying the conventions. I watched parts of the Democratic convention on PBS. I watched the Democratic roll call on YouTube. I'll probably go to YouTube again to get some of the Republican highlights. Any count of viewership has to take into account all these video sources, and probably others besides. Nielsen has a hard job these days.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Seeking a life that honors God.
Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟663,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Broke theory: Since Republican voters are more likely to be older, more of them are likely to view the convention on C-Span, which is known for showing full events and not providing any commentary on them or cutting away for any reason. Meanwhile Democrats skew younger so they'd be more likely to watch a live-stream.
Woke theory: All of Putin's Russian bot trolls who hacked the 2016 election and took it away from Hilary, the rightful winner, watched the RNC using the TV version of a VPN to pretend they were Americans so that they could make sure that their puppet Trump was obeying them!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If there's a genuine passion for the Democrat ticket and it's leaders....WHERE IS IT?

We all know the Dems are a diverse and wacky bunch and the nominees are the blandest leaders possible. ZZZzzzzz......But I'm ready for them to take over anyways.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We all know the Dems are a diverse and wacky bunch and the nominees are the blandest leaders possible. ZZZzzzzz......But I'm ready for them to take over anyways.
Sorry can't really buy that. Bland leaders and ones which make you go ZZZzzzz don't usually motivate people to go to the polls. Ones who have momentum do.

Reactions: TexFire316
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Actually I find information like this more giving a feel of what's going on then the polls.
Any opinions?
Where is it?
Maybe here...

and Live Stream from NBC, CBS, PBS, and C-Span.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Any opinions?

Citing Breitbart as a reliable news source is a sick joke.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Citing Breitbart as a reliable news source is a sick joke.
I've heard things like this before when people mention Fox news. They said they won't respond to anything from news sources like that.....in other words seeking to force a monopoly of group think of whatever media THEY LIKE.

If you don't like the thread of course you're free to go somewhere else but sorry but I"m not just going to give all left wing the place to have all their, what I consider junk, posted.

It cited by the way the C-Span numbers and numbers don't lie.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've heard things like this before when people mention Fox news. They said they won't respond to anything from news sources like that.....in other words seeking to force a monopoly of group think of whatever media THEY LIKE....

That was my impression. It's not a Breitbart editorial that's being referenced here. Breitbart merely reported on what another source (and not a conservative oriented one, by the way) discovered.

Interestingly, any second-rate polling service can report that Biden is going to win by 20 points and that's Gospel. Allegedly. But let a simple news story that isn't encouraging to the DNC come along, and it's instantly supposed to be biased!
:doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Any opinions?
Sorry, but you’re mistaken.

First night of DNC got more views, according to Nelson. 15.8 million for the RNC, 18.7 million for the DNC. C-span is only a small portion ot total viewership.

I was surprised that the Dems got more views. I’m a Dem and didn’t watch it and think the RNC holds more entertainment value. Popcorn worthy!

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've heard things like this before when people mention Fox news. They said they won't respond to anything from news sources like that.....in other words seeking to force a monopoly of group think of whatever media THEY LIKE.

If you don't like the thread of course you're free to go somewhere else but sorry but I"m not just going to give all left wing the place to have all their, what I consider junk, posted.

But did you question why Breitbart only focused on C-span and not on total viewership? I think Brietbart ended up misleading you, maybe that was their intent.

I just noticed - 3 million more people watched the DNC. That’s the same number of votes Trump lost the popular election by.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟279,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and to be fair: even old people like watching a good solid dumpster fire, shown live.
tulc(is just sayn')
Will tulc be watching?

Akita intended to but could not even go near it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Any opinions?
The Democrats took more House of Representatives seats in the midterms than in any election since President Nixon was deposed for his role in bugging the DNC headquarters at the Watergate.

Some people are not happy with Republicans calling Social Security a leftist program of the Deep State. They paid in all their lives and Trump spoke about cutting payroll taxes.

The US had more COVID infections than any nation. Making Americano sick again. Mad men attacking people who asked them to wear face masks is not righteousness on God’s green earth.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Democrats took more House of Representatives seats in the midterms than in any election since President Nixon was deposed for his role in bugging the DNC headquarters at the Watergate.
We don't have to go back very far in order to see how untrue that claim is!

In 2018, the Republicans lost 41 seats in the House while gaining 2 in the Senate.

By contrast, In 2010, the year of Obama's first midterm election, the Democrats lost 63 seats in the House and 6 in the Senate

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

If you don't like the thread of course you're free to go somewhere else but sorry but I"m not just going to give all RIGHT wing the place to have all their, what I consider junk, posted.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was surprised that the Dems got more views. I’m a Dem and didn’t watch it and think the RNC holds more entertainment value. Popcorn worthy!
So far, imo, the Dems were much more interesting and fun. The Dems roll call was really fun. That RI delegate was really, really selling the RI calamari. lol

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0