Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The OP is BYU now sells caffeine to Mormon students. This is OK according to the WoW. However, the WoW was given to the weakest of saints, so it is a bare minimum as to what you might call a dietary law.
What do people get rejected from the temple for? Caffeine? Coffee or tea? Hot cocoa? You avoided those.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My. my.my--aren't we not only ignorant but very angry. It's not big a deal to just look up health studies on the internet. They are not kept a secret. Obviously not something you do, but that's ok--nobody has to.
Why do you say I'm "angry"? That's very offensive and unfair of you to say.

I know it's not a big deal to look up health studies, that's why I looked them up. Again you falsely accuse me of not doing that. Why are you bearing false witness against me? Do you think that's right? I may disagree with you but I haven't accused you of wrath or lying. Why do you do that, though? Are you angry?

As for EGW---even if you were to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was a false prophet, the one thing you can not do is say that she was a liar or depraved or what condition her heart was---God alone can do that. You have no idea if she was deceived or was a deceiver. There is absolutely no evidence that she was "depraved." If you are going to make such statements you should at least back them up with prove. And by the way--- even if she were a false prophet, it would do nothing to the church as all but the health restrictions are biblical. And some of those are definitely biblical from Jewish biblical restrictions still followed today.
Well, I know for a fact she's a false prophetess because she gave prophecies that failed. She's in the same boat as Joseph Smith of the mormons. As for her being depraved, well a couple things - we are all depraved to begin with. But I have read about Ellen G White and about her behavior and she seemed to relish in much of her depravity and her role as self-announced "God's messenger". She had "visions" and spoke them as communication from God. I guess she felt the Bible wasn't enough and her "visions" had to supplement the Bible with what the Bible was "missing". Sorry, I find her to be a false prophetess and a liar and I believe that at least some of the stories told about her by witnesses are true.

As for the health restrictions, the ones that are Biblical are already in the Bible (and they don't even apply to Christians under the New Covenant), so anything she demands of her followers is pretty worthless in regards to spirituality.

You have a right to your own believes, if you are going to degrade others--please have your prove of statements. Otherwise, what you accuse others of being is what you end up being.
I have proof of my statements. I can show that she has given false prophecies. Do you think she has never given a false prophecy? If so, you're in for a surprise.

As for their presence in Okinawa--there are no less than 5 large SDA churches just in that city.
There are 111 churches in Italy, including in Sardinia
Only 1 church in Athens, Greece
Well then I was wrong to say those places are "devoid" of SDA's, I said it hastily without thinking about how these days you can find people of every belief in every part of the world. But my point was that while there are SDA's in those places it is not their diet that accounts for the longevity of the people. The fact is that the healthiest diet in the world and the healthiest people in the world are not SDA's (or, not SDA's alone, at least). The Mediterranean (non-religious, non-restricted) diet is the best in the world, better than SDA's diet, and it includes things that are forbidden by SDA's like wine and animal fat and animal protein. Apparently Japan also has a rather healthful diet and experiences the benefits in its population.

Why is it so important to you that SDA diet be recognized as "the best"? Why is Ellen G White so important to you? Do you follow Ellen G White as a prophetess?

Most of the Hindu are vegetarian and they have no problem with their birthrate at all. But then they're all ignorant and sterile according to you.
Muslims do not eat pork, and have restrictions on alcohol.
And this is way off topic.
Not all vegetarians are ignorant and sterile but many are. Not all Hindus are vegetarian - they will not eat cow (beef) but they do eat chicken, insects, fish, and other animal proteins. Yes, Muslims do not eat pork and certain other animals or alcohol. Not sure what your point is with these though. It's not "way off" topic - the topic is about mormonism's dietary restrictions and SDA's are similar in that they are religion-based rather than science-based. Mary Baker Eddy also has dietary restrictions for her Christian Science religion and even they are wrong about things.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What do people get rejected from the temple for? Caffeine? Coffee or tea? Hot cocoa? You avoided those.
People that do not keep the WoW do not get to go to the temple, because if this part of their life is out of line, other parts are out of line too. WoW is just a precursor for other problems.

Hot coffee and tea are usually the culprits. Cocao would is a problem if drunken very hot. Drinking any hot drinks in a very hot condition can bring on throat cancer, so is warned against. Coffee and tea have other acids that can be problematic. Caffeine can be a problem if you drink too much coffee or drink too much coke or mountain dew etc.

If you are interested in our WoW for the sake of having better health, then respond back, but if you are just goading me on this subject, do not respond back. Thank you.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People that do not keep the WoW do not get to go to the temple, because if this part of their life is out of line, other parts are out of line too. WoW is just a precursor for other problems.

Hot coffee and tea are usually the culprits. Cocao would is a problem if drunken very hot. Drinking any hot drinks in a very hot condition can bring on throat cancer, so is warned against. Coffee and tea have other acids that can be problematic. Caffeine can be a problem if you drink too much coffee or drink too much coke or mountain dew etc.

If you are interested in our WoW for the sake of having better health, then respond back, but if you are just goading me on this subject, do not respond back. Thank you.
Genuinely curious about what constitutes violation of WoW and the way I see it the requirements for a temple recommend seem to be the best measure. Your answer was very informative, thank you. Still not sure regarding cocoa and how degrees of hotness are measured or where the cutoff is. I know also a lot of mormons drink Postum which is a hot drink but it seems this is considered like cocoa. Cocoa also has caffeine and tannins.

If you can provide further clarification that would be appreciated but it's just for my curiosity.

Upvote 0