• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

bye bye Seminary

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by jckstraw72, May 26, 2013.

1. SeraphimSarov

SeraphimSarov Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...

+560
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    Congrats!

2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+16,475
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    love to give that thesis a look see

3. Monica child of God 1

Monica child of God 1 strives to live eschatologically

+670
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Glory to God! Congratulations!

M.

4. katherine2001

katherine2001 Veteran

+965
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Which one are you in the pictures? Fr. David Morrison is coming to our sister parish in Bozeman! They are very excited to have him and his family coming!

5. jckstraw72

jckstraw72 Doin' that whole Orthodox thing

+1,055
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    US-Republican
  6. katherine2001

katherine2001 Veteran

+965
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Okay, now I can put a face to your name. I think St. Anthony is very lucky to get him. Since he is from Colorado Springs, Montana should fit him very well, and Bozeman is in a beautiful location surrounded by mountains and it isn't far from Yellowstone.

7. Dylan Michael

Dylan Michael Senior Veteran

+179
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    Congrats!

I only have seven years left. :p

8. jckstraw72

+1,055
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    how long is your seminary program?

9. Dylan Michael

Dylan Michael Senior Veteran

+179
    Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    Between Seven and nine years. Seven years if one already has a degree. And Nine to get a Bachelor's of Arts in Philosophy and then a Masters of Divinity. I had no degree and I've completed two years.

10. Catherineanne

Catherineanne Well-Known Member

+4,400
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Widowed
    Many congratulations!

Thanks be to God for his many mercies to us all.

11. jckstraw72

+1,055
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    thats awesome. i wish ours was longer.

12. beardedone

beardedone Newbie

+22
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'd love to take a look at your thesis. I'd also be interested to hear how you approached the researching and organizing aspects of writing your thesis. I'm starting work on my own masters thesis (theological methodology, cultural/contextual theology) and I'm contemplating changing up how I normally approach research and organization. I don't know if my normal routine will work out well with such a massive undertaking.