✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
but you do it all the time, it seems...
* Headers in soccer: Players who reported the most headings had the poorest performance on functional tasks known to be affected by brain injury, the authors note. The effect on memory was “borderline,” however, they add. see here LINK
* heterosexual couples also do things that might turn out to be dangerous to some sort of tissue...
* too little exercise and the dangers it may cause to your health, see here LINK.

so if all of it were forbidden by nature not many things are left to be done legally...

Up to you if you keep defending their lifestyle but understand that in itself is sin.
Romans 1:26-32

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Up to you if you keep defending their lifestyle but understand that in itself is sin.
I'm neutral to whether or not homosexuality is sin.
For a simple reason:
1) If I thought it is sin... I would join the ranks of those who currently post derogatory remarks against gays and lesbians comparing them to rapists, for instance...
2) If I thought it was not sin ... this would immediately be the focus of the dabate here and all the condescension that I see going on against our gay or lesbian fellow citizens would receive the less attention.

So, either way it's best for me to remain silent on the issue, I think.

But of course I'm interested in exposing what I would call double standard: soccer (dangerous for health) apparently no problem... be gay sex purportedly is said to be one. This is double standard, I think.

BTW I'm not promoting their lifestyle as you call it. I don't care about their lifestyle whatever this may be. I'm trying to expose homophobic remarks.
EDITED

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm neutral to whether or not homosexuality is sin.
For a simple reason:
1) If I thought it is sin... I would join the ranks of those who currently post derogatory remarks against gays and lesbians comparing them to rapists, for instance...
2) If I thought it was not sin ... this would immediately be the focus of the dabate here and all the condescension that I see going on against our gay or lesbian fellow citizens would receive the less attention.

So, either way it's best for me to remain silent on the issue, I think.

But of course I'm interested in exposing what I would call double standard: soccer (dangerous for health) apparently no problem... be gay sex purportedly is said to be one. This is double standard, I think.

BTW I'm not promoting their lifestyle as you call it. I don't care about their lifestyle whatever this may be. I'm trying to expose homophobic remarks.
EDITED

Soccer isn't written to be an abomination or sin in the bible, homosexual acts are, and it's not just old testament it's new.
Now I'm not homophobic in a sense that I want to harm or shun homosexuals. I want them to turn away from those acts of sin and come to Christ. I consider the tendancy towards homosexuality, the attraction to be a mental illness, and like any chronic illness, it's something you have compassion for and offer to help, but it's not something you indulge in and encourage them to just follow a lifestyle of sin.
Any homosexual who loves Jesus and is unable to shake the homosexual attraction and sexual preference, should stay celibate and not just give in to their temptation. Just like any heterosexual person should not give into temptation to fornicate or commit adultery.
It's all sin and is not okay to partake in, regardless of your feelings and attractions.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“You shall not commit adultery." Exodus 20:14 NKJV

Sexual exclusivity is reserved for marriage, both before and during marriage. If your spouse dies, first, sexual exclusivity is reserved for your next marriage.

And marriage is defined in Genesis 2:24,

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,
and they shall become one flesh."

Sex with any other creature, male or female, though not marriageable, violates that sexual exclusivity (even if your mate approves).
so you're basically saying: all sex besides marriage is adultery because it violates sexual exclusivity.
You're reading this into it, I think. Yes, a man shall be joined to his wife. But I don't see anything about exclusivity here.
Remember Tamar who had sex without wedlock in Genesis 38:18. She didn't receive the "due" punishment in the end, and yet she ended up in Jesus's ancestory. Great story. Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so you're basically saying: all sex besides marriage is adultery because it violates sexual exclusivity.
(I don't consider lustless masturbation to be extramarital sex/adultery.)
You're reading this into it, I think. Yes, a man shall be joined to his wife. But I don't see anything about exclusivity here.
Sexual exclusivity is found in Exodus 20:14.
Remember Tamar who had sex without wedlock in Genesis 38:18. She didn't receive the "due" punishment in the end, and yet she ended up in Jesus's ancestory.
She received forgiveness for her sins. It would have been damning, if she hadn't been forgiven of them (just like for the rest of us).

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
type "abomination" see how many things are an abomination (many):
Strong's Hebrew: 8441. תּוֹעֵבָה (toebah or toebah) -- 117 Occurrences
But there is only one abomination the Christians keep harping on... the sexuality of their chosen enemies (LGBT+).
I stay with my opinion: it's silly to always cry sin when they cannot post their view on the matter, too. It's like playing a team whose members are tied up at the goal posts. You can win but it looks silly and shameful.
Now comes the classic cliché of every homophic attack... (I'm glad you didn't frankly state they are all pedophile and rapists, too...)

you have nothing to back this up - neither science nor Bible. It's presumption.

Your compassion you have with them is false, I think. It's condescension meaning "you're ill but I am not".

"just like". If a heterosexual person does not want to commit fornication or adultery... they just don't do it. Npothing happens.
If a gay does not have gay sex he can't have sex at all. Big difference, Christians like to ignore it.

A lot of people don't get to have sex. You deal with it, that doesn't excuse sin. God forbid it, you don't just willfully disobey that and expect God, or Christians to be okay with it. We aren't okay with adultery or fornication either.
as for being sick, I have my own illnesses. But Paul referred to it as an unnatural thing, and if they're biologically feeling compelled to do it, then there's something wrong with them. So yes, mental illness. We can empathize with it because we all have our own sicknesses, sometimes mental illnesses too.
and as a Christian, you should only be having sex when married, with your spouse. No spouse, no sex. That's God's laws on it. God also created marriage to be between a man and a woman, and forbade homosexual sex, meaning to have a same sex marriage, you have to plan that sin out. It's not something you're just falling into, you're planning it knowing it's sinning against God and choosing to do it anyway. That's not a true conversion to Christ.
There is just no way to have homosexual sex, without sin.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But Paul referred to it as an unnatural thing,
well that's according to you and your reading of said passage. I'm neutral with regard to that one. But those who hold a different view on that matter (or that passage) are not allowed to present their views here. These are the community standards of CF.

It simply does not make sense to debate a passage for which only one opinion is allowed.
It rather makes sense to remain silent on a passage you can't have a debate on, I think.
Let's stay silent on it. Why keep harping on "it is sin, it is sin, sin, sin, sin, SIIIN". What's your point in doing so. Is there any?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
no she just had sex and it was ok, I think.
(I was thinking Rahab.) Tamar forced Judah to honor his levirate obligation; not adultery.
(Of the two, Judah was guilty of adultery, because [he thought that] he was cheating on his wi[ves?].)
Exodus 20:14 does not mention "exclusivity". I don't find it in there.
The concept of "adultery" is built on an expectation of sexual exclusivity, by definition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
well that's according to you and your reading of said passage. I'm neutral with regard to that one. But those who hold a different view on that matter (or that passage) are not allowed to present their views here. These are the community standards of CF.

It simply does not make sense to debate a passage for which only one opinion is allowed.
It rather makes sense to remain silent on a passage you can't have a debate on, I think.
Let's stay silent on it. Why keep harping on "it is sin, it is sin, sin, sin, sin, SIIIN". What's your point in doing so. Is there any?

How else are you going to interpret Romans 1?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
or for that matter, how are you going to define fornication and adultery, if marriage isn't necessary to have sex without sin. Because the bible forbids both a ton of times.
God forgiving sin is not license to sin. That's the wrong attitude to view grace through. If you're saved by Grace God is your father now, the person you love most. Why would you want to deliberately do things that disappoint Him and make Him angry, just because He'll still call you His son? #1 you will get chastised for it. If you're not being chastised for it, Hebrews 12:5-8 suggests if you're not being chastised when you commit sins, you're a bastard, you're not God's son. Evidence of a false conversion.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How else are you going to interpret Romans 1?
look I am neutral to that one. I just let it stay there. I happen to be straight, but if I had a different view on the matter...
this is how I would be treated on this board: post #17 says that everyone disagreeing with mainstream interpretation on that passage... "is just looking for an excuse to continue to sin". I think this might be how many people feel here. If you don't agree, then you will be subjected to claims about you having ill intentions.
You can't have an open debate here.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟41,404.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how are you going to define fornication and adultery
this is not how it works.
You've made a positive claim about sex outside marriage purportedly always being wrong... so the onus is on you to provide some sort of evidence for it. I mean proof that every single type of extra-marital sex is indeed fornication

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most Christians are quick to point out that homosexuality is an abomination; but many of them will claim that we are not under the law, which they interpret as being exempt from the law, or something similar. Even the ones who say the we are compelled to keep the Decalogue, can't point to a law in the Decalogue that prohibits homosexuality.

Clearly it is sin. It is decried from before Moses, and after Yahshua's ascension.

Sin is transgression of the law.

If homosexuality isn't prohibited by proclamation of the Torah; then by what?

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Murder was a sin before Moses was born.

Abraham walked in obedience before the Lord, and kept His commandments and laws, 430 years before Moses gave the law.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
look I am neutral to that one. I just let it stay there. I happen to be straight, but if I had a different view on the matter...
this is how I would be treated on this board: post #17 says that everyone disagreeing with mainstream interpretation on that passage... "is just looking for an excuse to continue to sin". I think this might be how many people feel here. If you don't agree, then you will be subjected to claims about you having ill intentions.
You can't have an open debate here.
You also can't advocate what is clearly defined as sin in the bible here.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
this is not how it works.
You've made a positive claim about sex outside marriage purportedly always being wrong... so the onus is on you to provide some sort of evidence for it. I mean proof that every single type of extra-marital sex is indeed fornication

Leviticus 20 goes through several forms of sexual sin, which relationships are forbidden, among them is male/male relationships. 1 Timothy 1:9-10, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. We shouldn't be neutral on something that God defines as sin. We should hate sin, and pray for sinners to come to Jesus and stop sinning and pray for ourselves to stop sinning, not justify it and think it's okay.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review
Thread is Now
Permanently Closed

RV: Topics Requiring Special Consideration: Homosexuality

Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, transsexualism and transgenderism may not be promoted* on CF (including member profiles). Several debate forums allow homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, transsexualism and transgenderism to be discussed from a political, legal, historical, and civil rights point of view. Please check the Statement of Purpose thread for individual debate forums before posting. Homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, transsexualism and transgenderism may be discussed, without promotion*, in the Congregational in line with each group's beliefs there. You may post without promotion* in the Struggles with Sexuality and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with personal struggles related to these issues.

* Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: St. Helens
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.