Michigan
✟327,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The 613 commandments include "positive commandments", to perform an act (mitzvot aseh), and "negative commandments", to abstain from certain acts (mitzvot lo taaseh). The negative commandments number 365, which coincides with the number of days in the solar year, and the positive commandments number 248, a number ascribed to the number of bones and main organs in the human body.[2]

613 commandments - Wikipedia

I have spent some time on this claim that God created 613 Laws for mankind to follow.

I've seen the list, and find it somewhat deceptive. Also, it is used by "many" to promote the popular mainstream religious philosophy that God burdened HIS People with a Yoke of Bondage of Laws so many in number, they are impossible to follow. Which prompted me to research the popular religious philosophy in the first place.

For example, Torah teaches;

Lev. 18:6 Not any one of you shall come near any kin of his flesh to expose their nakedness:I am Yahweh.

This is the Commandment of God according to Scriptures. Then God goes on to more clearly define this One Law.

7 The nakedness of your father and the nakedness of your mother you shall not expose. She is your mother; you shall not expose her nakedness. 8 The nakedness of your father's wife you shall not expose. It is the nakedness of your father.

This is One Commandment. But to create the illusion of a huge number of Laws, the creators of this 613 Law philosophy counted this one Law as about 20 Laws. It became another in the "many" Jewish Traditions confirmed by the promoters of the Talmud. But it is deceptive.

It is akin to saying "Though shall drive 55 miles per hour".

then saying, "thou shall not drive 60", "Thou shall not drive 65", "though shall not drive 70", and then count them as 4 Laws instead of one.

This deceptive practice is repeated several times in this man made list of Laws in order to conform with some religious tradition regarding days of the year, or bones in the body. There is no such teaching in the Torah, Wikipedia nowithstanding. They also include Laws specifically for Levi who was separated from Israel, Laws it was unlawful for anyone else to partake of. But they also include these to inflate the number.

The Spiritual, Biblical Truth is that God did not create 613 Laws to abide by. He never uses this number, it is a man made creation.

I hope you might take the time and do the research as I did. If you do, you will find this Jewish tradition to just another in the many false teachings of the Talmud.

Upvote 0