Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Watching the first Moon landing is one of my strongest memories. What an awesome achievement. I wasn't a believer at the time, but knowing that Buzz took communion on the Moon means a lot to me now. I understand his later reservations for doing so, but I'm glad he did anyway. I'm sure those of other faiths understand this.

The terrifyingly small reason why so many astronauts find God

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To most people, the outer space seems like a very profound, spectacular thing.

But don't let it mesmerize you into thinking it's something else more. It's simply information just like any other thing in this world.

The Bible actually warns us against being deceived into worshiping the host of heaven/stars which is actually the vast expanse of outer space or celestial bodies that hosts the stars (galaxies and we do live within a galaxy whose center feature is the most spectacular feature of the night sky).

I've had very vivid visions of being taken into space, the other galaxies and beyond (this Universe) and what I've seen confirms what the Bible says. We do live in a perishable world / cosmos / Universe. This isn't the real thing yet (not the true riches).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of space travel and still do. I have at one point got involved in a project that involves with finding means to achieve interstellar flight in a very short order of time.

But they are simply bits of information. If you look real close, the outer space is no more awe-inspiring than the air you breath and I'm not speaking metaphorically but literally, speaking.

Got to keep our sights focused on the things that truly matter.

Upvote 0