• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Buzz Aldrin took communion on the Moon

Discussion in 'Technology' started by greenguzzi, Jul 19, 2019.

1. greenguzzi

greenguzzi Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way

+716
    Australia
    Protestant
    Married
    AU-Greens
    Watching the first Moon landing is one of my strongest memories. What an awesome achievement. I wasn't a believer at the time, but knowing that Buzz took communion on the Moon means a lot to me now. I understand his later reservations for doing so, but I'm glad he did anyway. I'm sure those of other faiths understand this.

The terrifyingly small reason why so many astronauts find God

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,139
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    To most people, the outer space seems like a very profound, spectacular thing.

But don't let it mesmerize you into thinking it's something else more. It's simply information just like any other thing in this world.

The Bible actually warns us against being deceived into worshiping the host of heaven/stars which is actually the vast expanse of outer space or celestial bodies that hosts the stars (galaxies and we do live within a galaxy whose center feature is the most spectacular feature of the night sky).

I've had very vivid visions of being taken into space, the other galaxies and beyond (this Universe) and what I've seen confirms what the Bible says. We do live in a perishable world / cosmos / Universe. This isn't the real thing yet (not the true riches).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of space travel and still do. I have at one point got involved in a project that involves with finding means to achieve interstellar flight in a very short order of time.

But they are simply bits of information. If you look real close, the outer space is no more awe-inspiring than the air you breath and I'm not speaking metaphorically but literally, speaking.

Got to keep our sights focused on the things that truly matter.

3. greenguzzi

+716
    Australia
    Protestant
    Married
    AU-Greens
    You don't reckon that taking communion matters? I think you have your priorities all wrong. You are a fool.

4. greenguzzi

+716
    Australia
    Protestant
    Married
    AU-Greens
    PS: The Moon isn't "outer space". One has to go much farther to reach outer space.

5. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+550
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    No, Buzz is a lying fraud.