CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no interest in the new consoles. Xbox One is just a giant media center, which I can do already on eveything from my tv to my tablet. PS4 never has had good games on it in terms of exclusives. 360 tends to always have lots of good exclusives. Mind you on PS3 I didn't get the appeal of Killzone, Resistance or that one with the guy that had electric powers. THe only good thing about PS3 and PS4 is graphics. But graphics don't make a game good always.

In the end I can stick to PC now because a game I bought 10 years ago will still work on it. Where as a with consoles, they almost never have backwards compatibility. So all my games I paid for become useless unless I own the system the games use to be on.

Upvote 0

Quantum Paradise

Jul 14, 2013
✟349.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Is anyone buying the new xbox one or ps4 when they are launched?

Personally I won't be as they are too expensive IMO

Buying consoles at launch is the worst thing you can do...not many titles available, expensive, and almost always some sort of console related problem that needs to be ironed out.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Buying consoles at launch is the worst thing you can do...not many titles available, expensive, and almost always some sort of console related problem that needs to be ironed out.

This is usually true. The only console I ever bought at launch was the Wii and it still works perfectly. I only got it because I worked at Toys R Us at the time and we had a preorder that was never picked up, so I was allowed to put my money down and buy it.:D

Every other time I've waited a year or two until the bugs were worked out and the titles got better. I might look into a Wii U sometime next year once a few more good titles see the light of day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spinnaker

Look away! I'm hideous!
Jul 1, 2011
Everywhere; Nowhere
✟7,751.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone buying the new xbox one or ps4 when they are launched?

Personally I won't be as they are too expensive IMO

I want to get the Xbox One because I'd love to get my hands on games like Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. My friend had a good point that the initial releases could be buggy, so it might be good to wait a bit anyway.

Upvote 0