✟10,805.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to digitalize our old VHS tapes and also buy some and play them. I like the nostalgia :)

I was thinking about buying some pre-recorded VHS tapes with shows and news and sport etc. from people who sell these online at Ebay for example.

As far as I know, recording from TV is allowed by Fair Use, but you're not allowed to sell them. Is it illegal if I buy a pre-recorded VHS from the 90s today? Just want to make sure I won't do anything illegal :)

Yours sincerly,

Jorn

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to digitalize our old VHS tapes and also buy some and play them. I like the nostalgia :)

I was thinking about buying some pre-recorded VHS tapes with shows and news and sport etc. from people who sell these online at Ebay for example.

As far as I know, recording from TV is allowed by Fair Use, but you're not allowed to sell them. Is it illegal if I buy a pre-recorded VHS from the 90s today? Just want to make sure I won't do anything illegal :)

Yours sincerly,

Jorn
idk, but you could just google your question and probably get information as to where to find out.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
As what I understand, it is NOT illegal to do that. It only is illegal if you turn around and try to sell those tapes after you buy them and record over them.

Reactions: Jorn
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Check with your local public library. They have someone who keeps up to date on that. If you are allowed to do that legally in your area check your local computer stores for a program that copies the VHS to DVD. In the meantime, check the IMDB website to see what shows from that era are already on DVD and look for them at Salvation Army stores.

Upvote 0