Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's hideous. I thought the Chris Bangle years at BMW weren't that great (apart from the 3 series) but I'm guessing whoever designed the i3 was given the brief to scare as many potential customers as possible.

Agree with you on that fully. It's beyond me why they designed it that way. It's aggressively ugly. That's why they've got such big promotions on them. They're almost "giving them away" (gf's words) on account of how nobody wants them.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It may have looked better if it had been the same color,

as it is it looks like a smaller car inside a bigger one.

I think the all-black one does look better. It's such an odd design. The backseat doors are weird. They don't just open like normal doors.

Yup, you are right that it looks like a smaller car inside a bigger one. It reminds me of the cars I played with as a kid that you could take apart then put back together. You could mix and match some of the cars. This BMW does look more like a toy than a real car.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm a pragmatist regarding cars. They're not an extension of my personality. To me, they're like appliances. Or tools. I need them to perform a function. Which is transportation. Styling and amenities can be nice. But they're lower in importance on my list of what I look for in a car. Which--in order--is:
1) Safety
2) Reliability
3) Performance (which is driveability in general. How the car handles, rides, accelerates, stops, etc. Including bad weather performance insofar as that can be determined.)
4) Quality of materials, construction, fit and finish.
5) Comfort (which is seating, roominess, noise levels, climate control, infotainment options, etc.)
6) Economy (which includes fuel, maintenance, and insurance costs.)
7) Cargo space
8) Styling

If I were going to buy a car for the cool factor, it wouldn't be any new car. Or any car that'll depreciate. I'd invest in something vintage--one of those finned, heavily chromed land yachts from the 50s or 60s. Like a '59 Caddy. Those rides had real style. :oldthumbsup:

59cad.jpg

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a pragmatist regarding cars. They're not an extension of my personality. To me, they're like appliances. Or tools. I need them to perform a function. Which is transportation. Styling and amenities can be nice. But they're lower in importance on my list of what I look for in a car. Which--in order--is:
1) Safety
2) Reliability
3) Performance (which is driveability in general. How the car handles, rides, accelerates, stops, etc. Including bad weather performance insofar as that can be determined.)
4) Quality of materials, construction, fit and finish.
5) Comfort (which is seating, roominess, noise levels, climate control, infotainment options, etc.)
6) Economy (which includes fuel, maintenance, and insurance costs.)
7) Cargo space
8) Styling

If I were going to buy a car for the cool factor, it wouldn't be any new car. Or any car that'll depreciate. I'd invest in something vintage--one of those finned, heavily chromed land yachts from the 50s or 60s. Like a '59 Caddy. Those rides had real style. :oldthumbsup:

View attachment 265277

That car is a real beauty.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

View attachment 265277
Ah the 59 Caddy Coupe deVille. A real gem!

Almost bought me one in 73 to fix up.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm a pragmatist regarding cars. They're not an extension of my personality. To me, they're like appliances. Or tools.....
Yeah, in a car I dont have money to waste sacrificing functionality and economy for aspirational-personality-reinforcing qualities.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0