Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟9,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Senate Bill S510 passed this morning. If you don't know about it, better google it and learn.

It is now illegal to grow your own food and sell it or give it away to friends, family or neighbors. It is also illegal now to collect and store heirloom non-hybrid seeds.

The Bill passed this morning. I don't know how long it will take to go into effect, but it's been passed.

In these last days, if you don't have the mark of the beast, you won't be able to buy and sell. Growing your own food is going to be the only way you will be able to feed your family. They are putting the laws into place now to prevent you from doing that.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Lisa,

Did you think the end wasn't going to come? If not, why not. If so, why does the passage of this bill alarm you?

BTW, have you read the bill? I don't think what you fear is going to happen. Sen. John Tester was able to have an amendment added that exempted small growers, however, the bill isn't completely finished yet. The biggest headache is going to be that produce will now be more expensive just because the federal government feels that it should maintain records of crops and the companies/individuals that produce them. Many small operators will probably just find some other kind of work to do and this will leave the large corporate ag companies to grow our food. Another level of government bureaucracy will need to be paid for and maintained as 'food safety inspectors' and of course each little county will need some office space and some 'managers' and 'department heads' to oversee all of this important work. Bottom line: This is just one small step to reduce the unemployment roles in America.

The real problem, as I see it, is that as usual when the government tries to regulate businesses with forms and calculators it really doesn't provide much help for the cost of their intrusion. If a grower happens to put out some tainted produce people will still get sick and, depending on the severity of the contamination, may even die, but there will be a paper trail that can trace the contamination more easily to a source. So, again, only after problems crop up will the government be able to use their newly acquired, very expensive data to stop a really widespread contamination.

As someone who lived in South Florida where the building codes are very stringent because of hurricanes, I always found it amusing that when buildings would fall apart after a major blow, it was often the large builder that cut lots of corners that didn't get checked as closely as he should have been because the government agents responsible for such things would just kind of take their word for it that a lot of the things were done. The poor sucker that tried to build his own home or be his own contractor would be repeatedly punished and put through a fine wire sieve to ensure that he didn't break any rules.

It would be interesting to get the real numbers, but I think most small growers are much more careful about their crops than the large co-ops. After all, one bad incident for them could quickly put them out of business. The big co-ops will just pay the sick folks a few thousand dollars to make them happy and move on.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last year here in California we had an incident where migrant farm workers had intentionally tainted tomatoes, as a result tomatoes statewide (and possibly nationwide) were taken off of the shelves because of the contamination leading to different illnesses. So if the FDA is doing their job by keeping a closer eye on food that's being sold to the public to make sure none of it carries with it a disease of any type, then by all means.

I don't believe this will affect private growers by any means, though there are plenty of seed retailers out there that I am sure would love for everyone to believe otherwise ;)

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Last year here in California we had an incident where migrant farm workers had intentionally tainted tomatoes, as a result tomatoes statewide (and possibly nationwide) were taken off of the shelves because of the contamination leading to different illnesses. So if the FDA is doing their job by keeping a closer eye on food that's being sold to the public to make sure none of it carries with it a disease of any type, then by all means.

I don't believe this will affect private growers by any means, though there are plenty of seed retailers out there that I am sure would love for everyone to believe otherwise ;)

I'm from the government. I'm here to help.

Got health care fixed, time to plow new fields ...

... yeah ... change you can believe in ...

How's that change workin' out for ya?

Ya mentioned you're from California ... land of fruits and nuts ...

Oh yeah, California's BANKRUPT!

Who saw that comin' ???

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We're not definitively bankrupt yet, but with Moonbeam back in office we're likely to be very soon.

Honestly, where I'm from you can't feel it. The financial crisis can be felt heavier in the larger cities and in the southern region, but up here where it's mostly ag country, things are holding on okay. It's kind of a refining moment, really, all the excess is being purged. Even though the economy is all interconnected, in a lot of ways our local government has done alright at becoming self sustaining.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟9,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry guys, but your wrong! This is not to "help" us, this is to control us. It's going to be illegal to grow your own food and give it away. It's also illegal now to store non-hybrid seeds.

Just like the patriot act was for our "safety", this food bill is also for our "safety". If you believe that, I have some great waterfront property I'd like to sell you.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We're not definitively bankrupt yet, but with Moonbeam back in office we're likely to be very soon.

Well, allow me to pour a little cold water on that assertion ... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Hmm ... when even the politicians agree that California is bankrupt, why would ya say otherwise? From Has the Golden State gone bust? - SFGate
"California is deeply in debt. You could say that it's bankrupt," Attorney General - and presumptive Democratic gubernatorial candidate - Jerry Brown told a group of young Democrats earlier this month.
Republican U.S. Senate hopeful and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina raised the specter of bankruptcy in a discussion with Southern California business owners. And Republican Assemblywoman and retired banker Diane Harkey of Dana Point (Orange County) said the state is "literally bankrupt."
Honestly, where I'm from you can't feel it. The financial crisis can be felt heavier in the larger cities and in the southern region, but up here where it's mostly ag country, things are holding on okay. It's kind of a refining moment, really, all the excess is being purged. Even though the economy is all interconnected, in a lot of ways our local government has done alright at becoming self sustaining.

OK ...

I'm reminded of what I heard a CEO say years ago, some six months after a year of massive corporate lay-offs. When his managers kept telling him how good things were going, he had to educate them with: "There's a difference between good and better." Then, at the annual meeting he simply told stockholders that things were not yet "good", but they were "better".

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi CW,

You mention several migrant workers intentionally tainting some produce. Now, I want you to sit back and think very, very carefully about this. If, after this bill passes do you think that there will be some sort of check that will prevent intentional contamination? Are the inspectors really going to go out and check all the water that is being used on each plant? Will they carry the entire storage silo of fertilizer and insecticide sprays to a testing facility and then ensure that what is fed to and sprayed on the crops is exactly the same material that was tested. Friend, all this will do is drive up the cost of food stock. If the government were ever able to protect us from intentional attacks we wouldn't be making plans to build new buildings on top of the WTC site.

I don't mean to burst your cold water, but there really isn't anything that the government can do to protect us from such things short of turning our nation into a police state. Border patrols at every state crossing and long interminable lines at international airports. We don't even want them listening to our 'private' telephone conversations and you really think the government can protect us from those who are set on destroying us?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry guys, but your wrong! This is not to "help" us, this is to control us. It's going to be illegal to grow your own food and give it away. It's also illegal now to store non-hybrid seeds.

Just like the patriot act was for our "safety", this food bill is also for our "safety". If you believe that, I have some great waterfront property I'd like to sell you.

Have you ever considered how if this were true that it would contradict the leftist agenda to legalize marijuana? If it were illegal for individuals to own private gardens of any kind that would likely include marijuana which the left is pushing for legalization—including the cultivation.

If they were to say marijuana is exempt for medicinal purposes, then it could be argued that any number of products could be grown for the same such purposes. So the government trying to outlaw the private cultivation of any produce would be absurdly futile, as essentially both sides would come against it—it would not survive in Congress.

Well, allow me to pour a little cold water on that assertion ... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Hmm ... when even the politicians agree that California is bankrupt, why would ya say otherwise? From Has the Golden State gone bust? - SFGate
"California is deeply in debt. You could say that it's bankrupt," Attorney General - and presumptive Democratic gubernatorial candidate - Jerry Brown told a group of young Democrats earlier this month.
Republican U.S. Senate hopeful and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina raised the specter of bankruptcy in a discussion with Southern California business owners. And Republican Assemblywoman and retired banker Diane Harkey of Dana Point (Orange County) said the state is "literally bankrupt."

OK ...

I'm reminded of what I heard a CEO say years ago, some six months after a year of massive corporate lay-offs. When his managers kept telling him how good things were going, he had to educate them with: "There's a difference between good and better." Then, at the annual meeting he simply told stockholders that things were not yet "good", but they were "better".

I'm not denying that we're in financial crisis of monumental proportions. I believe that the states funds have been mismanaged by both parties for many years. To state that "one could say we're bankrupt" and to outright say "we're bankrupt" can be two entirely different things. Yes, California is in a terrible position financially, and the lower-income brackets feel this the hardest. Like I said though, here in the Northern Sacramento Valley that impact is softened, local governments have been enacting different policies that allow the communities to become more sustainable and self reliant so that state funds (funds that aren't there) aren't necessary.

I pray unceasingly that the Lord would compel local, state and federal governments to make wise and moral decisions and that every level of this nation from the tiny farming community to Washington D.C. would be turned around.

Hi CW,

You mention several migrant workers intentionally tainting some produce. Now, I want you to sit back and think very, very carefully about this. If, after this bill passes do you think that there will be some sort of check that will prevent intentional contamination? Are the inspectors really going to go out and check all the water that is being used on each plant? Will they carry the entire storage silo of fertilizer and insecticide sprays to a testing facility and then ensure that what is fed to and sprayed on the crops is exactly the same material that was tested. Friend, all this will do is drive up the cost of food stock. If the government were ever able to protect us from intentional attacks we wouldn't be making plans to build new buildings on top of the WTC site.

I don't mean to burst your cold water, but there really isn't anything that the government can do to protect us from such things short of turning our nation into a police state. Border patrols at every state crossing and long interminable lines at international airports. We don't even want them listening to our 'private' telephone conversations and you really think the government can protect us from those who are set on destroying us?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted.

I hear what you're saying. The government can't decontaminate everything everywhere, but it can be a step forward in preventative measures. If they know where specific produce is coming from, then they can trace it back to the source if there's a problem and they run the chance of being more successful in rectifying it.

Example, if there's a large shipment of produce contaminated with E.Coli, if they have better records of the produce's origins then damage control can be more effective.

As far as imports go, I agree, that's out of our (and the FDAs) hands.

Just my .02¢

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Senate Bill S510 passed this morning. If you don't know about it, better google it and learn.

It is now illegal to grow your own food and sell it or give it away to friends, family or neighbors. It is also illegal now to collect and store heirloom non-hybrid seeds.

The Bill passed this morning. I don't know how long it will take to go into effect, but it's been passed.

In these last days, if you don't have the mark of the beast, you won't be able to buy and sell. Growing your own food is going to be the only way you will be able to feed your family. They are putting the laws into place now to prevent you from doing that.
hi

the length of the hour of temptation has been shortened for the elect's sake,
to IMO the 5 months of Rev9

that makes it possible to storehouse food for the "mark of the beast" period...

we don't have the time to grow our own food then anyway...

preserves....that's the way to go!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that what the bill actually says or is that what sites like RENSE claims it says? Have you read the bill itself or have you Googled sites that talk about the bill? Can you provide actual text from the bill that says point blank "it is illegal to grow/sell your own food"? I think all of those things are important to know.

I live in Amish country where home-grown produce is the life-blood of the region; Lancaster County, PA would fall off the face of the earth if it became illegal for the Amish to grow and sell their own food; tens of thousands of Amish - the entire Plain Folk community in fact - would be forced to make a mass exodus to Canada just to survive. Lancaster County's economy would collapse overnight. If what you're saying about this bill is correct I'll know about it immediately.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟9,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi

the length of the hour of temptation has been shortened for the elect's sake,
to IMO the 5 months of Rev9

that makes it possible to storehouse food for the "mark of the beast" period...

we don't have the time to grow our own food then anyway...

preserves....that's the way to go!

Yea, but that 5 months is just a theory, other theories are 3.50 years, and other theories are 7 years.

You're taking a big chance............I'm not going to risk it because nobody knows for sure when we will get off this planet.

Upvote 0

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟9,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what the bill actually says or is that what sites like RENSE claims it says? Have you read the bill itself or have you Googled sites that talk about the bill? Can you provide actual text from the bill that says point blank "it is illegal to grow/sell your own food"? I think all of those things are important to know.

I live in Amish country where home-grown produce is the life-blood of the region; Lancaster County, PA would fall off the face of the earth if it became illegal for the Amish to grow and sell their own food; tens of thousands of Amish - the entire Plain Folk community in fact - would be forced to make a mass exodus to Canada just to survive. Lancaster County's economy would collapse overnight. If what you're saying about this bill is correct I'll know about it immediately.

In Christ,

I've been researching this kind of stuff, in depth, for YEARS. Literally years. I don't need to spend 3 days reading the whole bill to find out what I already know to be a fact, and the reasons behind it are also known to me.

I posted this as a wake up call for people to prepare. If you don't want to, that's fine, not my problem. I already have my seeds, my family will not starve.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been researching this kind of stuff, in depth, for YEARS. Literally years. I don't need to spend 3 days reading the whole bill to find out what I already know to be a fact, and the reasons behind it are also known to me.
Ok, maybe you didn't read every line of the bill, but did you at least read the parts where it mentions that it is now illegal for American citizens to grow their own food? Can you provide that text? If not, then how can you possibly say that your understanding of the bill is a fact when you haven't read those parts of the bill for yourself and cannot pinpoint the places in the legislation where it strips Americans of basic rights?

I posted this as a wake up call for people to prepare. If you don't want to, that's fine, not my problem. I already have my seeds, my family will not starve.
It's only a wake up call if what you're saying about this bill is correct, and that hasn't been verified yet. Why are we supposed to just take accept your word on an internet forum that it is now illegal for Americans to grow/sell their own food without proof? Again, I live in a region where a large sector of the economy is based on Amish tourism; if it is now illegal for the Amish to grow/sell their own produce the effects of this legislation will be devastating. Time will tell.

In Christ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa*Lisa

His Servant
Mar 7, 2010
✟9,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, maybe you didn't read every line of the bill, but did you at least read the parts where it mentions that it is now illegal for American citizens to grow their own food? Can you provide that text? If not, then how can you possibly say that your understanding of the bill is a fact when you haven't read those parts of the bill for yourself and cannot pinpoint the places in the legislation where it strips Americans of basic rights?

It's only a wake up call if what you're saying about this bill is correct, and that hasn't been verified yet.

In Christ,

No, I didn't read it, I have no need to read it, and I"m not going to waste my time reading it to find out what I already know.

I am prepared, I have no problems, I can feed my family.

It seems like you might need to read it because you're not prepared, so you have something to loose, whereas I do not.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I didn't read it, I have no need to read it, and I"m not going to waste my time reading it to find out what I already know.
So you haven't read any parts of the bill that actually say that it is illegal for Americans to grow/sell their own food. You know what the bill says but you've never read the legislation. Got it.

I am prepared, I have no problems, I can feed my family.
How will you be able to feed your family if it is illegal to grow your own crops? Won't you just be thrown in jail as a result and your seeds confiscated by local law enforcement?

It seems like you might need to read it because you're not prepared, so you have something to loose, whereas I do not.
So because I ask for verification for your claims that suddenly means I'm not prepared?

In Christ,

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm from the government. I'm here to help.

Got health care fixed, time to plow new fields ...

... yeah ... change you can believe in ...

How's that change workin' out for ya?

Ya mentioned you're from California ... land of fruits and nuts ...

Oh yeah, California's BANKRUPT!

Who saw that comin' ???
Hey bro, Cali has been bankrupt since the Reagan administration, and Rep Governor Arnold didnt do anything to fix it either with his own version of fiscal stupidity.:D

Upvote 0