British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Highlight a verse in the bible, turn over the page and that verse's' are related. Its the hand of God at work. If your in a short book in the bible and a verse catches your attention, simply put your finger on it and note where your finger lands on the other page . That verse is related also.

God Bless, keep on growing and flourishing. God mirrors his words for us.:D

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Don't have a highlighter on hand, but I can visualize where the mark would be on the other side. From the Psalms:

"The Lord's are the Earth and its fullness; the world and those who dwell on it."

Turn the page over...

"Good and upright is the Lord; thus he shows sinners the way."

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't have a highlighter on hand, but I can visualize where the mark would be on the other side. From the Psalms:

"The Lord's are the Earth and its fullness; the world and those who dwell on it."

Turn the page over...

"Good and upright is the Lord; thus he shows sinners the way."

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

what version are you using?

Psalm 24:1, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein"

when i turn the page it says,

Psalm 25: 7-8 "Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to they mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord."

turn the page from psalm 24:1 and it goes to Psalm 21:4-5 "He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever. v 5 His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him."

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
what version are you using?
This one!
IMG_20201009_101937_hdr.jpg
NAB translation, and a gift from my great-aunt who's a nun.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Highlight a verse in the bible, turn over the page and that verse's' are related. Its the hand of God at work. If your in a short book in the bible and a verse catches your attention, simply put your finger on it and note where your finger lands on the other page . That verse is related also.

God Bless, keep on growing and flourishing. God mirrors his words for us.:D

I tried it once; and it seemed to work.
But not so much on the second try.

One page was: Psalm 116:15:

"Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints."

The other side Psalm:118:11

"They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them."

From the NKJV "Reference Edition" by Thomas Nelson.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If I may be a little critical here, this reminds me of something I heard happened awhile back. I guess some people used a computer, in the earlier days of computers, to make the original languages of the Bible all be put together into one block of letters. Removing all spaces & the like, they just made the words--all the Word of God--into one block, and proceeded to do a "word search" across it. They found some remarkable things; there were predictions of major events, such as 9/11 (though how they found the ancient Hebrew words for "airplane" and "twin towers" would require some explanation). And, as with so many things we're bombarded with, there was a prophecy of the time of the end of the world. It was all right there, in a re-arranged Scripture!

We can string things together any way we like, to get different results. Whether or not these people with a computer intended to predict 9/11 or the apocalypse, I don't know. Either way, it doesn't prove anything like they made it out to be (though I hear the authors bought several houses worldwide with the massive profits from the book they published with their findings). The Psalms I connected could've been connected pretty easily in any direction; those of @mnorian , less so. We can be creative enough to connect the verses he found, but what would that prove?

I don't really have a conclusion here, so @Victor in Christ , what do you think?

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I may be a little critical here, this reminds me of something I heard happened awhile back. I guess some people used a computer, in the earlier days of computers, to make the original languages of the Bible all be put together into one block of letters. Removing all spaces & the like, they just made the words--all the Word of God--into one block, and proceeded to do a "word search" across it. They found some remarkable things; there were predictions of major events, such as 9/11 (though how they found the ancient Hebrew words for "airplane" and "twin towers" would require some explanation). And, as with so many things we're bombarded with, there was a prophecy of the time of the end of the world. It was all right there, in a re-arranged Scripture!

We can string things together any way we like, to get different results. Whether or not these people with a computer intended to predict 9/11 or the apocalypse, I don't know. Either way, it doesn't prove anything like they made it out to be (though I hear the authors bought several houses worldwide with the massive profits from the book they published with their findings). The Psalms I connected could've been connected pretty easily in any direction; those of @mnorian , less so. We can be creative enough to connect the verses he found, but what would that prove?

I don't really have a conclusion here, so @Victor in Christ , what do you think?

Thanks for your thoughts.
I think we should be careful not to try too many "tricks" with the Bible.

That reference Bible I use; has a reference for Psalm 116:15:
Psalm 72:14:

"He will redeem their life from oppression and violence;
And precious shall be their blood in His sight."

That sounds closer. That's why I like a reference edition; someone has spent the time to look up the references.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I've listened to a few of Chuck Missler's lessons on such things, they're interesting, but we need to be careful. So many people today use the bible for making money, prosperity Gospel is something i wouldn't promote, i'd stay clear of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The translation i use is the KJV cross reference study bible (barbour bibles) with commentaries and references. They're really useful. I like using the mirror method also;)

After listening to a sermon, there was 2 verses in Genesis 26:32-33 i highlighted, turned the page and the highlighter showed through onto Genesis 27:39. The 1st talks about physical water and then next talks about spiritual water (dew of heaven from above;)

In Jonah 1:1-3, The Lord told Jonah to go to Ninevah, but he fled from the presence of the Lord........mirror that over onto the other page, Jonah 3:5-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tried it once; and it seemed to work.
But not so much on the second try.

One page was: Psalm 116:15:

"Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints."

The other side Psalm:118:11

"They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them."

From the NKJV "Reference Edition" by Thomas Nelson.

I tried Psalms 116:15 with the version i'm using and it goes to Psalms 119:17-20

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but wouldn't this have more to do with the way the Bible is laid out as a whole?

I mean, the Bible is laid out in order to teach concepts, even the parables were given in groups of 3 in order that the reader understand the overarching concept being shown...

When Bibles are laid out in this matter, it would be more difficult to find gross breaks in concept from one verse to one not terribly far away I would think.

Upvote 0