But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished...

O

Old Timer

Is it because these do take the mark of beast and do receive his image, that they do not live again until the thousand years are finished?

What think ye?

Now I am assuming that everyone who had taken the mark would be killed by the coming of Christ as it is detailed in Rev 19 here... where the beast and false prophet gather together their armies against The Lord..

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

So it appears to me that these who do receive the mark and are gathered together against The Lord would be killed and not live again until the thousand years are finished...

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it because these do take the mark of beast and do receive his image, that they do not live again until the thousand years are finished?

What think ye?

I think the rest of the dead are the lost and will be resurrected after the rest of the lost are placed there.... Then the final resurrection to judgement and lake of fire

When Jesus reigns there will be peace but I think death will continue for rebels and for sure many will die when satan is loosed and god rains down his fire

When all the lost is complete then their resurrection takes place

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

I think the rest of the dead are the lost and will be resurrected after the rest of the lost are placed there.... Then the final resurrection to judgement and lake of fire

When Jesus reigns there will be peace but I think death will continue for rebels and for sure many will die when satan is loosed and god rains down his fire

When all the lost is complete then their resurrection takes place
'

I've thought the same thing from time to time although I often try to think of it within its immediate context... and the context of those involved in the first resurrection is with respect to their not taking the mark.. and that obviously makes me wonder of what happens for those who do take the mark etc.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'

I've thought the same thing from time to time although I often try to think of it within its immediate context... and the context of those involved in the first resurrection is with respect to their not taking the mark.. and that obviously makes me wonder of what happens for those who do take the mark etc.

It's clear the mark destines one to the lake of fire.. If not repented... But those with the mark refuse to repent ...and seal their own fate

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

What think ye?

Hi Old Timer

Based on my read "the rest of the dead" are all the wicked who ever lived, not just the mark of the beast guys. They get resurrected after the thousand years are finished. That's one of the reasons why we need the thousand years. Jesus will explain to us why they can't come. Some of them we will recognize as family or friends. Imagine looking out of the beloved city into their eyes prior to them being annihilated.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Hi Old Timer

Based on my read "the rest of the dead" are all the wicked who ever lived, not just the mark of the beast guys.

I would think that those who take the mark of the beast are going to experience greater judgment than those throughout the past times who never had experienced the beast.. or who were not even found in a situation where they could not buy or sell without receiving the mark..

Does that make sense?

IOW... a person who has lived a hundred years ago let's say... who did not receive Christ but had nothing to do with taking the mark of the beast in the time of the end.. isn't going to experience the wrath of the Lamb which comes upon those who DO take the mark in the time of the end..

See any difference there?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

It's similar perhaps to one of the reasons why many believe that the church of God will not go through the time of testing which shall come upon the whole world... because a massive portion of the church of God will already be deceased at that time..

They didn't go through it... So why would those who are alive and remain go through it?

See the point?

I think that there is a significant difference as to what is happening at the time of the end.. and who actually goes through it..

Israel for example shall be saved through it, not out of it.. They shall be protected for a time, times, and half a time.. which is basically that 42 months when it shall literally be hell on earth.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
It's similar perhaps to one of the reasons why many believe that the church of God will not go through the time of testing which shall come upon the whole world... because a massive portion of the church of God will already be deceased at that time..

They didn't go through it... So why would those who are alive and remain go through it?

See the point?

I think that there is a significant difference as to what is happening at the time of the end.. and who actually goes through it..

Israel for example shall be saved through it, not out of it.. They shall be protected for a time, times, and half a time.. which is basically that 42 months when it shall literally be hell on earth.

Hi Old Timer

You might be right, there might be some difference regarding the method of judgment folks experience during The Time of the End. I just don't think there will be that much difference for the mark of the beast people in the final wrath at the end of the 1000 years. People living during the first 1260 days of the tribulation will not be a part of the sanctuary cleansing judgment. Remember the 2300 evenings and mornings and then the sanctuary will be cleansed? Jesus began judging the dead at the end of this prophetic time period. The first 1260 days of The Great Tribulation will be the judgment of the living. The living will kind of judge themselves by either taking the mark or refusing it.

I heard that there are some wealthy individuals stocking up supplies in the plains of Moab or in some place called Petra. They are doing this because they were told that it will be the place of Divine Protection from The Great Tribulation. I think they will receive a poor return on their investment.

"And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time"

Fox book of martyrs is an expensive book but has allot of pictures. From 538 to 1798 (1260 years), the dragon hit the woman very hard. We could be burnt at the stake just for getting caught with a Bible in our possession. In 1798 Napoleon sent his general to take the Pope's crown. That Pope died three days latter in a jail cell. Everyone at the time thought that the Vatican had received a mortal head wound and yet today He lives. Some people think that this was the dragon pursuing the woman but she was not allowed to die.

"But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth"

In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue. God was opening up a new continent. Never before was there a nation like America. Never before would there be a nation with a Bible belt. The United States has translated and distributed more Bibles than all other countries combined. The founding fathers made sure church and state were separate. Some people think that the earth who helped the woman is The United States.
In the good old U.S.A. I could start up the church of the blood moon tetrads and have no fear of being hung upside down. The only fear would be, at a latter date, in becoming one of the grapes in the great wine press of the wrath of God. America! America! God shed His Grace on thee.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Hi Old Timer

You might be right, there might be some difference regarding the method of judgment folks experience during The Time of the End. I just don't think there will be that much difference for the mark of the beast people in the final wrath at the end of the 1000 years.

Hi Dave,

From the rest of your post it's clear that you're placing the things which shall be hereafter into the past and present.. so we'll have to agree to disagree.

To me these things are all clearly future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's clear the mark destines one to the lake of fire.. If not repented... But those with the mark refuse to repent ...and seal their own fate
Repent will not work.... Taking the mark for saving your life will be a conscious allegiance to the Antichrist thus a conscious rejection of Jesus Christ.

Mark 8:35 , Matthew 16:25 ,Luke 9:24

"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.

Revelation 14: 9-
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+14&version=KJV

Last edited:
Upvote 0